If it were in your hands, when should Conor be stripped ?

When another clear contender emerges is the deadline

If you stripped Conor right now nothing would change, there is no one currently for Tony to fight.
Khabib booked
Edson booked
Gaethje booked
Eddie booked
Everyone are booked because "the champ" refuses to fight.
Conor COULD have fought Khabib in maybe feb this year. The winner could have fought Tony in may/june. Edson could have got a title shot in sept. Gaethje could be up for the next shot in dec/jan.
But...since Conor doesn't want to fight all they can do is sign up to fight each other.

A year from the Mayweather fight.... I'd say a year of not defending NOT due to injury, ie) Inactive completely at the fighter's discretion.

However, the UFC granted him permission to fight Mayweather, so in essence they sanctioned that shit, and I don't believe you should penalize McGregor for that by including that as inactive time.

SO: If he doesn't defend by August 26th 2018.
Conor already got 9 months off BEFORE the Mayweather fight. Why give him another 12 months after that when he is fully healthy and we have fighters with impressive winning streaks who want to challange for the title?

A year without defending is already excessive but I'd wait till his unsuspended and then if he still refuses to fight the interim champ definitely strip. That way, even his fans would know his a paper champ.

A good rule is when a fight hasn't been scheduled a year after competing.

But he had the Floyd fight with UFC on board. That was 3 months ago. So you give him leeway because of it.

Hopefully Khabib/Barboza (who fight on Dec 30th) has a clear winner to set up the next title fight without "Interim" attached to it. Barring injuries that fight should be booked in Feb for late Spring, with Tony being the only LW champ and Conor being a contender, a boxer, or whatever he wants to be (if "be back in April" holds true).

And conor walked away with rediculous baby excuse.

That sounds really funny to me for some reason lol

"Sorry Dana, I can't fight for a while because I have a ridiculous baby"

Now and any time he wins a belt.

Offer him a Tony or Max fight and if he doesn't take it, strip him.

Back