If it were in your hands, when should Conor be stripped ?

I think a year is reasonable to not have signed onto a concrete fight.

So I guess I would be fine with it.

As a McG fan.

1 year if not injured and no title defense should be automatic

After Khabib/Barboza. If he hasn't announced his intention to return and there is a clear #1 contender who is game to fight Tony, Conor should lose his belt. At that point he's just holding up a stacked division.

After Khabib/Barboza. If he hasn't announced his intention to return and there is a clear #1 contender who is game to fight Tony, Conor should lose his belt. At that point he's just holding up a stacked division.
That's actually pretty reasonable.

The UFC was never going to strip Conor quickly after he made them loads of free money by fighting Floyd, they were thrilled he did that. In fact, he couldn't have done it without the UFC's blessing because he is contracted to fight for the UFC.

Now the farce is over, Conor needs to get back to MMA or quit and move on. Either is fine, but he can't keep the LW belt without fighting indefinitely. He should have a fight announced by first thing next year or else be stripped.

There shouldn’t be Interim champs at 155 or 185, period.
Totally unnecessary.

Both Bisping and Conor should have both been stripped for not fighting their contenders.

A year without having a bought signed used to be enough to take you out of the rankings.

The only reason he gets a pass is he did go box Floyd fuckin Mayweather. c

But he's gotta defend or be stripped asap

There shouldn’t be Interim champs at 155 or 185, period.
Totally unnecessary.

Both Bisping and Conor should have both been stripped for not fighting their contenders.

Listen don't compare Bisping and Conor. The UFC offered Dan Henderson to Bisping and Bisping fought GSP when the interim-champ was out AFTER ACCEPTING to coach TUF against the winner of Whittaker/Romero which means he accepted to fight them. Whittaker refused and got injured. Then GSP was offered to Bisping. It's Conor alone @tenniswhiz

Conor demanded Diaz 2

Conor demanded Mayweahter

Bisping does not have the leverage to get what he wants. Cut it out.

Whenever Floyd fight was announced... so about 8 months ago?

I think he should've been stripped as soon as he entered negotiations to fight Mayweather.

When another clear contender emerges is the deadline

If you stripped Conor right now nothing would change, there is no one currently for Tony to fight.
Khabib booked
Edson booked
Gaethje booked
Eddie booked

And if you don't strip Conor, there is Tony for him to fight, yet here we are.

When another clear contender emerges is the deadline

If you stripped Conor right now nothing would change, there is no one currently for Tony to fight.
Khabib booked
Edson booked
Gaethje booked
Eddie booked

Conor should had fought Tony for the Belt, they made an interim, well, now is time for stripping since Conor is kind of like suspended....Tony just won the belt not that long ago, he can wait for a contender and Conor can go do whatever he does on his own.

If he isn't back in that cage defending the title against one Tony Ferguson by the end of March at the latest, I'd strip him.

A year from the Mayweather fight.... I'd say a year of not defending NOT due to injury, ie) Inactive completely at the fighter's discretion.

However, the UFC granted him permission to fight Mayweather, so in essence they sanctioned that shit, and I don't believe you should penalize McGregor for that by including that as inactive time.

SO: If he doesn't defend by August 26th 2018.

He need to beat Khabib first then I consider him real.

Conor needs to beat about 10 more people at LW before I consider him real.

Khabib hasn't fought in over a year. He should have no ranking at this point. Khabib lost to the scale.

Back