"If I want to take him down 100 times, I can" ~ DC

He should pull a Randy gameplan imo. Pressure, inside dirty boxing. Don't let Jones use his reach. Don't waste energy getting into a grueling wrestling war which will burn him out.

im glad the guy got his confidence back but he needs to not get in over his head again
Jones absolutely tooled him in the wrestling department last time

Jon%2BJones%2BTakes%2BDown%2BDaniel%2BCormier%2BUFC%2B182.gif

Wonder if DC will try and take Jones down this time.....Discuss.
He's gon' get whooped again. Back of the line DC.

Nah.

Hi best bet is to get inside and let his hands go.

Daniel%2BCormier%2Bvs%2BJon%2BJones%2B(2).gif
And eat body shots and gas again?

DC cant keep that pace up with jones for more than 3 rounds just as we saw in the first fight. His best bet is too pace himself and try to outland jones in the striking which plays right into jones strength were he would just pick him apart at range to a decision.

DC just cant beat him joens is just better in every category, hes best hope is that jones is rusty and caught off gaurd that speaks volumes.

And eat body shots and gas again?

DC cant keep that pace up with jones for more than 3 rounds just as we saw in the first fight. His best bet is too pace himself and try to outland jones in the striking which plays right into jones strength were he would just pick him apart at range to a decision.

DC just cant beat him joens is just better in every category, hes best hope is that jones is rusty and caught off gaurd that speaks volumes.

I guess fighters don't improve or don't use better gameplans in a rematch.

Well since Bones won't have the steroid advantage this time, he might well take him down a few times, but it would be a foolish plan (yet again) to not mix up his attacks.

DC has an amazing chin, and he should bank on it. He needs to get in that clinch, force Bones to trade with him, and if able sneak a TD then. If he tries to shoot for the TD straight up, Jones steroid less with shoot him down every god damn time, his skill is nothing to be trifled with.

Jones was actually pretty impressive, he'd worn down DC and was able to get the TD. Kinda unheard of in MMA aginst DC

you know this is a valid argument for both fighters ?! So it kind of nullifies itself

Yes but Jones was caught for PEDs and fights under USADA now. Who knows, maybe it was the EPO that made Jones win the championship rounds.

QUOTE="VERBAL-FEDOR, post: 130186451, member: 194536"]
Jon%2BJones%2BTakes%2BDown%2BDaniel%2BCormier%2BUFC%2B182.gif

Wonder if DC will try and take Jones down this time.....Discuss.[/QUOTE]

apparently this is just 100% technique, and strength-steroids couldn't have been a critical factor during this (or during the fight beforehand to set up a beat up DC)

<{gspressed}><{gspressed}><{gspressed}>

the real GOAT aint impressed (hopefully he aint been abusing the stuff wither, or he is also disqualified from GOAT as his strength+athleticism was an important factor too when he wrestled)

I guess fighters don't improve or don't use better gameplans in a rematch.
They do, but DC hasnt improved hes actually regressed. And i just explained to you why no gameplan he will come up with will work. His only chance at victory is that jones has ring rust.

There's no secret to DC's style of fight. Grab you, flip you, lay on you, grind you until you get tired of weight bearing his mini fridge frame. Jones on the other hand you really don't know how he's gonna fight you until he's fighting you...

Back