If heavyweight is so shallow/weak then why....

Because they would get beaten, and HW is now shallow, look at the top 10, they are all huge names and great fighters. Also HW is too unpredictable, as one punch can finish the fight. for instance most MW fighters in UFC are probably more skilled than the Black Beast Derrick Lewis, but if he hit them he could knock any of them out cold, regardless of skill or how good they are.

Randy Couture went from getting his ass whipped by chuck twice in 1 year, retiring for a year then coming back and becoming the HW champ.

Also Rumble beat Arlovski not that long ago.
In my opinion when Randy was champ was the ultimate low in HW talent history. He beat Tim Silvia and Gonzaga.. If he didn't smash Gonzagas face with his head I think Gonzaga would have beat him. I'm also a well know fool.

Going to hw is the hardest because of the weight jump. In boxing, some really talented cruiser weights have had some success but typically they run into a skilled HW who has 20lbs on them and it ends poorly.

Most 205ers don't have the power that carry it up a class. Rumble is likely the exception.

Ts is wrong. Nobody says lhw is stacked...

HW being shallow does not mean that every top LHW would be able to compete at HW. It just means that compared to the other divisions the number of talented fighters are fewer. You have to remember that size is also a factor. A LHW who is more talented than 90% of the HW division might still lose to the majority of HWs because the difference in size and power might be too great to overcome.

Big difference between 205 and then having some guys who cut to make 265.

The jump in weight is much too big. HWs are HW athletic, talented fighters. Not fat slobs.
60 pounds is huge.

Because they would get beaten, and HW is now shallow, look at the top 10, they are all huge names and great fighters. Also HW is too unpredictable, as one punch can finish the fight. for instance most MW fighters in UFC are probably more skilled than the Black Beast Derrick Lewis, but if he hit them he could knock any of them out cold, regardless of skill or how good they are.

Being faster/smaller does not make you more skilled.

I don't understand this mind-boggling definition people have of skill.

Oh shit. Didnt realize i didnt turn it back on. The buzzing keeps me awake at night.

The new Sarcas-O-Matic Mk 4 has an auto-on feature that turns off automatically but its sophisticated shit sensors can wake the unit on once the slightest whiff of BS is detected. You should consider an upgrade if your current one is giving you problems.

The new Sarcas-O-Matic Mk 4 has an auto-on feature that turns off automatically but its sophisticated shit sensors can wake the unit on once the slightest whiff of BS is detected. You should consider an upgrade if your current one is giving you problems.
If its auto on due to detection im fucked.

Pretty sure my wife talks shit about me while i sleep.

People don't want to admit that HW is the toughest division to compete in. It's as simple as that.

Jones imo is very possibly the greatest fighter of all time and he would get smashed at HW and he's a big guy.

Unless a butterfly flew past his chin.
I was looking forward to both your and @Lionel Mandrake s valuable additions to this thread.

I would like to see Jones at HW personally, until we do I think it's safe to say he's not the GOAT and would likely get murked.

Look what happened to iron chinned Maldonado - poor dude took a straight right from Stipe and was slept horrifically.

Back