If heavyweight is so shallow/weak then why....

I guess it's a matter of opinion it certainly felt that way to me.

I don't have a problem with that. He's at his best right now probably. But his best can't compete with the guys above him though... Maybe Glover in rematch. Maybe...

Yeah, aside from my dislike of the guy, that's mostly what I meant. His performance against Anthony Johnson was shocking.

Also, unrelated, but Joe Rogan billing Ryan Bader as having one punch KO power is one of the biggest lies that gets perpetuated in MMA history.

No matter how weak HW is, it's always the most dangerous division, and it's damned hard to keep a streak alive.
Plus, LHW is probably the shallowest male division at the moment.

Yeah, aside from my dislike of the guy, that's mostly what I meant. His performance against Anthony Johnson was shocking.

Also, unrelated, but Joe Rogan billing Ryan Bader as having one punch KO power is one of the biggest lies that gets perpetuated in MMA history.
Haha, Joe's living in the past I guess... Bader was knocking fools out left & right after TUF.

Randy Couture went from getting his ass whipped by chuck twice in 1 year, retiring for a year then coming back and becoming the HW champ.

Also Rumble beat Arlovski not that long ago.

Never mind...guess that was just Jardine & Brilz...haha. Don't look at me... :oops:

Haha, Joe's living in the past I guess... Bader was knocking fools out left & right after TUF.

I think Bader has two T(KO)s after he beat Vinny, one against Jardine and one against Brilz. Ironically enough both had questionable chins.

Bader couldn't even finish a 70 year old Anthony Perosh who almost dies in every fight.

Its actually an interesting topic for itself because hes shown the power rogan clings to. The difference is the level of competitors hes faced since those days. Hes still got power but the top of the food chain know how to roll with punches better.

I think Bader has two T(KO)s after he beat Vinny, one against Jardine and one against Brilz. Ironically enough both had questionable chins.

Bader couldn't even finish a 70 year old Anthony Perosh who almost dies in every fight.
Haha...yeah. It was kind of embarrassing that he didn't finish Perosh.

The worst class is LHW anyway. You have like 5 really good fighters and then the talent level falls off completely
Out of curiosity who would be the 5? Presumably Jones, Cormier, Rumble and ???

I think it's the potential of facing someone 50lbs heavier. Jones doesn't have huge power at LHW so he'll point or wear down a few people but he's getting KOed eventually. Obviously A. Johnson could and has..

They don't move up because it's shallow as hell.

Same reason we've seen more LHWs become successful MWs or MWs become successful WWs and etc. Only so many fighters move up and become significantly better no matter what the weight class.

Dodson moved back up because there's no other option. Rumble moved up because he was killing himself. But generally you move down when you're not going anywhere in you're current weight class. So, poor argument imo.

Back