If Edgar beats Aldo....

lol

if edgar beats aldo no doubt it will be a one time thing

if aldo beats edgar. bet your house on the 2 time thing

I think Edgar wins, and suddenly Conor is a naturally-born LW.

I'm eager to see a Frankie vs Conor fight. To dispel the myth that a good single to double makes you a god.

People rate Edgar because he possesses something Conor doesn't have, heart.

He's not a god but he'll never give up in a fight, It's got nothing to do with a single to double. He's more well rounded than Conor, and you have to be at highest levels to stick around.

He's not a god but he'll never give up in a fight, It's got nothing to do with a single to double. He's more well rounded than Conor, and you have to be at highest levels to stick around.

I hope Carla Esparza reads this, it might lift her spirits up.

I believe Jose's chin has been decoded. Frankie just might find that chin this time and flop Aldo face first to canvas.....

I believe Jose's chin has been decoded. Frankie just might find that chin this time and flop Aldo face first to canvas.....

Chin is one thing but Aldo is a much better striker than Frankie and he hardly gets hit... Watch the first fight.

If Edgar wins this, its by cardio. Because last time around Aldo completely outclassed Frankie until he gassed. Frankie couldn't even close the distance without getting tagged.

MCG cracks edgar. if grey almost put him out, its a wrap for conner. if anything the ufc is protecting edgar.

Edgar winning will do a lot to cement his status as one of the best small fighters in recent times. He'll be guaranteed a shot at the title and he's certainly capable of defeating Conor if he can avoid taking a big counter left and getting knocked out. Edgar taking the FW strap would put him in the rarest of company alongside BJ Penn and Randy Couture as a multi-divisional UFC champion.

I'm looking forward to the fight.

Then again, getting past Aldo is no joke. Only 1 guy in the last decade has managed it. Way too many people here are taking it as a foregone conclusion that Aldo is suddenly a bum and Edgar will walk right through him.

McGregor should be forced to defend his belt. Why he deserves rematch with Nate after being finished?

Fight with Edgar sells perfectly. And if Aldo wins impressively McGregor/Aldo 2 sells great too
Yup I totally agree

McGregor should be forced to defend his belt. Why he deserves rematch with Nate after being finished?

Fight with Edgar sells perfectly. And if Aldo wins impressively McGregor/Aldo 2 sells great too
This. Edgar gets way too much respect on here. He needs to get past Aldo first. Good luck to him.

I feel pretty confident that Edgar beats Aldo this time around and the fight with McG will be awesome. Frankie is definitely Conor's toughest fight at FW but I really think it can go either way.

agree

I just don't think anyone should write either fighter off. I hate when people do that shit for either McGregor OR Edgar in that hypothetical matchup

I agree.

I just did it to show people spouting the other extreme end of the scenario they were chatting shit.

McGregor is still a top notch fighter, especially at 145. He has no reason to hide from anyone.

Ducking Edgar LOL

Edgar is so fuckin' overrated on here it's laughable. And suddenly McGregor is a bum because he lost to a taller, heavier and talented fighter in Diaz.

McGregor would dust Edgar within 2 rounds. He hasn't ducked him ever and has no reason to.
You sir are clueless

Ducking Edgar LOL

Edgar is so fuckin' overrated on here it's laughable. And suddenly McGregor is a bum because he lost to a taller, heavier and talented fighter in Diaz.

McGregor would dust Edgar within 2 rounds. He hasn't ducked him ever and has no reason to.

That and he doesn't want to fight a shorter smaller wrestler with amazing cardio.

image.gif

You sir are clueless
That and he doesn't want to fight a shorter smaller wrestler with amazing cardio.

View attachment 94641

giphy.gif

I only see Conor potentially fighting Frankie at 155 as a result of an Aldo victory. 2 losses to Aldo puts him in a rough spot. I think his fast track to another title shot would be through LW (although i dont believe he wins the belt). I believe the days of McGruber at FW are over regardless of what Dana says. Aldo/Edgar has very interesting implications for both fighters. I'm very excited for this fight

Last edited:
I hope Frankie beats Aldo and than moves to 155 just to kick McG's ass! Thats gonna be hilarious!

It's a pick em' fight.

Aldo wants to show he's not washed up or damaged goods so he's motivated.

Edgar has always been game and will do anything to win the title.

But if Edgar does win, the UFC brass won't be happy. More than likely Conor won't drop below 155. He'll retire before facing Aldo again or Frankie, losing to smaller guys would really hurt his selling point as an Irish Champion. At 155 or above, the brass can push the "Going up in weight" propaganda to its limit.

Truthfully, Conor isn't exactly overmatched against Frankie. I think Frankie can outclass Conor in technical ability, but Frankie has problems implementing his game against tall, athletic guys. Conor is fast and taller. If they were the same size, Frankie would maul Conor easily. It'd be checkers not chess.

Frankie is in a tough spot because only true fans appreciate his skill, and the UFC would like nothing more than Frankie Edgar, Aldo and Mighty Mouse to disappear. For Dana White it's all about Conor, Sage, Rhonda and Wonderboy. Being the truly best fighter in the world is second to being popular to pay-per-view buyers. It's not like the Superbowl where the champions have to face whoever wins their conference.

Back