If Conor or Max fought WEC Aldo, would the outcome be different?

Conor and Max destroy him at any time in his career lol

Dude was in his absolute prime when he was fighting them, he just got exposed when he's forced to lead or someone puts a pace on him.

Well that's just retarded.

Can you think of anyone else who hit their prime after 6 or 8 years at the very top?

Well that's just retarded.

Can you think of anyone else who hit their prime after 6 or 8 years at the very top?

One of his best performances ever, against one of his best opponents ever, is sandwiched between the losses to Conor and Max.

WEC Aldo only looked more spectacular because he was fighting lesser competition. That Aldo is the same one that fought Mendes, KZ, Lamas, etc....in WEC, he was just fighting the Manny Gamburyans of the world. He wasn’t some mythical creature.
WEC Aldo fought no decent strikers (except the crazy Cub fight).

People say Aldo lost to Conor because he was too wild and aggressive...

Now a version of Aldo that is more wild and aggressive would beat him?

Make up your minds

Conor and Max destroy him at any time in his career lol

Dude was in his absolute prime when he was fighting them, he just got exposed when he's forced to lead or someone puts a pace on him.

I don’t like Aldo, but only 50% agree with this.
He would have done much better 7 years ago.
Not saying he would beat them, but he was at his very best when he first won the belt.

Depends what versions of Connorr and Max we are talking about
^this I guess?

Hypothetical questions just go downhill

What if they fight on a Monday instead of Saturday? What if Aldo was 21 and Conor was 16?

People say Aldo lost to Conor because he was too wild and aggressive...

Now a version of Aldo that is more wild and aggressive would beat him?

Make up your minds

We're both well aware that Conor haters often say very contradictory things due to them having no actual concrete stance besides to hate on Conor

I'm not sure anyone beats prime Aldo at 145. He was so quick and springy. As he's gotten older and been in more wars he's lost a little bit of speed and kinda just settles into that more heavy footed stance of his, which is still effective, but the way he used to back out and circle if anyone was getting too close for comfort was incredible.

Hard to say. I think the problem with Aldo vs Max was his cardio and I don't see that changing. Max is hard to put away and has a tremendous pace so I can see it going the same way. However, I think there's a path to victory against Conor. Maybe being more conservative in the striking and trying to grapple.

Brian Ortega omoplatas all of them, though.

WEC Aldo is way more wild and defensively open than the UFC Aldo, its not even close. I wouldnt be surprised if Conor KO'd him in 6 seconds.

Holloway would just style on him like the 2 times.
He also had way less miles on his chin and was more devastating in his offense.

WEC Aldo would do better imo.

The Aldo who fought Conor and Holloway would have smashed WEC Aldo

WEC Aldo was more fun but crafty, elite defensively, jabbing Aldo was the better fighter

So why wouldn't we expect him to do this in any other fight either?

Well my point is we already knew he hits hard, we learnt nothing new. It would have been interesting to see how he could deal with the leg kicks and Muay Thai of Aldo and his BJJ if he used it

I don't believe a 13 second fight can accurate depict the skill sets of two opposing fighters. Aldo is a more well rounded fighter than Conor is.
It wouldn't shock me if Aldo could beat Conor in a rematch.

He also had way less miles on his chin

Miles on his chin? The only person to test him the entire time before this was Chad in the fight immediately prior to him getting KTFO by Conor

Well my point is we already knew he hits hard, we learnt nothing new

But we didn't need to learn anything new if his skill set was already sufficient to beat Aldo's.

So many excuses lol.
While I don't agree with him on that Aldo winning, it sounds like he isn't creating excuses but just trying to say Aldo at this very specific point wins.

Well considering my comment got more likes than yours it's safe to assume more people agree with me but I fail to see how 28-30 is "out of prime". Welcome to life.
11 years into his MMA career is very likely past prime, kinda like 11 years into Fedors career he started a losing streak.

Feel free to base your opinion off likes though. I’m sure that works well.

Back