If Conor or Max fought WEC Aldo, would the outcome be different?

Almost any champion from 10 years ago would lose to current champions, precisely because those former talents forced the sport to evolve.

That doesn't mean fighters from the past are worse. You have to measure each fighter according to what they accomplished in their peak and how they influenced new generations. Max and McGregor would probably crush WEC Aldo, but planet Earth just couldn't offer something better than Aldo back then. Aldo had to set the limits before Max and McGregor could learn and grow beyond it.

Conor and Max destroy him at any time in his career lol

Dude was in his absolute prime when he was fighting them, he just got exposed when he's forced to lead or someone puts a pace on him.
I don’t think so. He wasn’t some washed up can or anything, but he has slowed a bit.

Yes 100%. Conor would've been WEC champion after rather than UFC champ.

Max would just be graduating middle school, so Aldo might win that 1.

In all seriousness it' a dumb question.

Nobody can answer that question, none of our opinions are worth more than a grain of salt

People say Aldo lost to Conor because he was too wild and aggressive...

Now a version of Aldo that is more wild and aggressive would beat him?

Make up your minds

And some MMA fans think Aldo is better while some think Conor is.

Make up your minds.

This is the quality of the logic you are using here, some people who agree on one thing disagree on others.

I think it would be different. One of my reasons for picking Conor in the first place was Aldo was showing wear and tear from years of fighting even though he is not old. I also thought with Conor's range and power, he would be able to get the finish. I think it's a much closer fight with a younger Aldo but he may still lose. Same with Max, actually.

nah, he'd probably just last longer.

and WEC aldo was even more aggressive which wouldn't be good against conor.

Connor beat him mentally, so probably would have beat him at any stage. Prime Aldo beats Max most likely.

The UFC provided Conor with the platform to run his mouth against Aldo and get in his head. Would the outcome have been different if they hadn’t had the media tour? Who the fuck knows, but you can’t deny that it didn’t effect him. Had they fought with out all the distractions, maybe Aldo would have won. But he didn’t and you can’t fault the guy for being able to mentally break his opponent before they even step in the cage. And I’m not even a fan of Conor, I’m more indifferent towards him. Regardless it was a nice knockout...

200.gif
Stil saddens me everytime I watch this shit. I hate it when a fighter at the top that goes out like this.

Miles on his chin? The only person to test him the entire time before this was Chad in the fight immediately prior to him getting KTFO by Conor

But we didn't need to learn anything new if his skill set was already sufficient to beat Aldo's.
Between leaving the WEC and fighting Conor, Jose fought 30 hard rounds in the UFC. In those rounds he absorbed somewhere around 300 strikes (significant only, total is way more). Jose's chin took some punishment in the UFC.

Pre injuries, younger, and less damaged Jose would certainly do better.

Hmmm idk .....I think he gives Holloway a much harder fight and could even win but a prime Mcgregor with a consistant fighting schedule would beat him again and again. The mental warfare seems to be too much for Jose and by the time the fight happens he is way too emotionally invested.

Jose was out of his prime when he fought them, no question about that. However that doesnt mean that he would have murkd them years ago.

He might but by the same logic JDS is clearly better than Cain.

I hate when people try and compare these two completely different situations. Cain was never supposed to stand with JDS, and certainly not so flat footedly in front of him. He won the rematches precisely because he fought how he was supposed to, which was mixing up his takedowns and putting on a pace JDS couldn’t handle.

Aldo was always supposed to stand with Conor as Aldo is a striker. He’d stand with him in a rematch too as that’s what Aldo does.

Aldo would have won the rematch if conor had stuck to his word.

He's not beating max at any time IMO - Max's trump card is his conditioning and pace.

I hate when people try and compare these two completely different situations. Cain was never supposed to stand with JDS, and certainly not so flat footedly in front of him. He won the rematches precisely because he fought how he was supposed to, which was mixing up his takedowns and putting on a pace JDS couldn’t handle.

Aldo was always supposed to stand with Conor as Aldo is a striker. He’d stand with him in a rematch too as that’s what Aldo does.

I'm sorry but that's just silly.

Happen to catch the Holy holm fight on the weekend?

Back