If Conor Beats Khabib/Tony/Lee/Diaz/Holloway At Lightweight, Is He The LW GOAT?

If he just comes back and sleeps Khabib he will go down in history as the GOAT

-Khabib is 26-0, has arguably never lost a round
-Tony is 24-3 and on a 10 fight win streak, longest in UFC LW History
-Kevin Lee is the greatest Lightweight there is right below them, also a bad style match up for Conor because of his grappling
-Holloway would be on at least a 13 fight win streak if he moves up to LW after beating Ortega, which would tie him with GSP and Mighty Mouse for the longest win streak in the organization at the moment
-Diaz is a bad style match up and also tied 1-1 with McGregor already

Conor winning the title back by beating Khabib and then defeating the other four named participants also means he breaks the all-time record for Lightweight title defenses. Don't forget he also murked Eddie Alvarez already, too. Would that not arguably be the greatest Lightweight ever?

well sicne he never fighting again it doesn't matter.

I could be the lightweight GOAT if I beat all those guys come on now. This is a fantasy.

Why would him beating Diaz at 155 count for anything GOAT worthy?

I put Nate on there simply because we know the fight is happening at 155 and at least Conor would win the war 2-1 by beating him next go around.

If he beats all of them I'd say yes, but can we please stop having these pointless threads? It's pointless. Or should I open a thread now that says "If Erick Silva comes back and then beats Whittaker, Romero, GSP, Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare and the returning TRT Vitor, could he still become the middleweight GOAT?" Conor hasn't fought any UFC fighter since 2016, you've listed 5 big names he'd have to fight and beat. That thread doesn't make sense right now.

Hypothetical threads are useful and fun, and this one is somewhat plausible.

I don't think you can be considered the best ever in a division if you only have 5 to 6 fights in said division. I think he'd need a minimum of ten fights at lightweight and win them all to even be mentioned as on of the best ever at lightweight. He's not even the featherweight GOAT and he has plenty of fights in that division. He's a great fighter, but he's too rich to ever commit the years it takes to being a legitimate division GOAT. GSP and Silva dominated for years.

I don't think you can be considered the best ever in a division if you only have 5 to 6 fights in said division. I think he'd need a minimum of ten fights at lightweight and win them all to even be mentioned as on of the best ever at lightweight. He's not even the featherweight GOAT and he has plenty of fights in that division. He's a great fighter, but he's too rich to ever commit the years it takes to being a legitimate division GOAT. GSP and Silva dominated for years.

I feel you, but to me quality of opposition > Sheer number of fights or title defenses you have. This would arguably be a more impressive string of wins over opponents than any other LW has ever produced.

Of course he does. He just needs 4 title defenses without a draw to be LW goat.

Never gonna happen though.

If I got a UFC contract, and beat Conor, Khabib, Tony, GSP, Lee, Alvarez, Poirier, Holloway, Ortega, Diaz, Edgar, Aldo, RDA, and Motivated BJ Penn from 2003, would I be considered the LW GOAT?

If I got a UFC contract, and beat Conor, Khabib, Tony, GSP, Lee, Alvarez, Poirier, Holloway, Ortega, Diaz, Edgar, Aldo, RDA, and Motivated BJ Penn from 2003, would I be considered the LW GOAT?

Yes. But we aren't talking about you, we're talking about Conor. His situation is infinitely more plausible than your's.

Without a shadow of a doubt. I don't think that happens, but that kind of resume would leave no question.

Yes. But we aren't talking about you, we're talking about Conor. His situation is infinitely more plausible than your's.
Both situations are close enough to zero plausibility that it's not worth wasting time talking about either.

Quality > quantity. Not that it matters tho, because that would be more defenses than anyone has, AND better defenses.

There are recent reports negotiations for Khabib vs. Conor are close to being finalized. Moskau appears to be the targeted venue location.
But as Dana has stated, the UFC will first host a smaller event in Russia to test the market, probably featuring Zabit as a main event.

Hey look!

Another hypothetical Conor thread

Back