If Conor Beats Khabib/Tony/Lee/Diaz/Holloway At Lightweight, Is He The LW GOAT?

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
-Khabib is 26-0, has arguably never lost a round
-Tony is 24-3 and on a 10 fight win streak, longest in UFC LW History
-Kevin Lee is the greatest Lightweight there is right below them, also a bad style match up for Conor because of his grappling
-Holloway would be on at least a 13 fight win streak if he moves up to LW after beating Ortega, which would tie him with GSP and Mighty Mouse for the longest win streak in the organization at the moment
-Diaz is a bad style match up and also tied 1-1 with McGregor already

Conor winning the title back by beating Khabib and then defeating the other four named participants also means he breaks the all-time record for Lightweight title defenses. Don't forget he also murked Eddie Alvarez already, too. Would that not arguably be the greatest Lightweight ever?

I don't see why not....I also don't see him fighting that many more times

No.

Unless he takes out the entire roster.

Otherwise, we'll never hear the end of how he ducked gleison tibau.

6HRucIDhXX5t-lfnCFGF8lQLXYSqVsJ4yJqhITom1zDEFfhUZP4K17IsdPBZ0c-A7NPwNpEghT3prW76LrDcpYCZZDfQrBX0JU-N05b3C35f8gJWfBski00HxRwtyKHhYNwG3g=w367-h206-nc

If he beats every top fighter in a highly unlikely scenario? Sure.

If I start MMA and knock out MM and decapitate TJ before hitting Stipe with the stunner am I the Royal Rumble winner?

Yes of course.

But I bet he wouldn't even fight that many times.

I'm a conor hater and iadmit that would make him a candidate for GOAT (not just his own weight class). However, he would never take all those chances aand if he did he has very little chance of winning them all

"arguably never lost a round"
people argue that he has lost fights...

but yeah if someone cleans out a division and beats all the best he would be the best.. of course people would still make excuses on why the others lost. I think if he beats just two on that list it would be enough... He turned Alvarez into a joke.

Lol, sure. If he can win all those fights, he will be the goat.

Why would him beating Diaz at 155 count for anything GOAT worthy?

Personally, I'd add Aldo and Frankie to make him undisputed. He seemed to avoid Frankie and a rematch with Aldo. He beats that list and those two at 155 then there's no possible argument. And I don't like him at all.

If he beats all of them I'd say yes, but can we please stop having these pointless threads? It's pointless. Or should I open a thread now that says "If Erick Silva comes back and then beats Whittaker, Romero, GSP, Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare and the returning TRT Vitor, could he still become the middleweight GOAT?" Conor hasn't fought any UFC fighter since 2016, you've listed 5 big names he'd have to fight and beat. That thread doesn't make sense right now.

Yes. But he's not going to fight those guys and, if he did, he absolutely wouldn't win all those fights. Honestly, I'd make him the underdog in at least three of those fights.

Not until he fights Jens Pulver also

Nope cause after GSP grabs his 3rd Division Gold he will solidify his greatness for many many years !!

be lucky to ever see it again the way the sport evolves

Thats a lot of ifs...but sure if he did then it'd be hard to argue against him.

I doubt that he'd get past Khabib or Tony but whatever.

Back