If Cain had beaten Werdum

It's weird to think about these two chaps now.... back in 2010 - Cain was on his hot streak, going through Nog and ending Lesnar's reign and whatnot. And Werdum submitted Fedor (and that started the downfall of the Last Emperor). These fellas had the "GOAT" status in their grasp, and their fight felt like stuff of legends (even though Cain had already started his injury spree)

Now Cain is technically gone the way of the dodo and Werdum fucked up his legacy by getting caught with them PEDs. And the landscape of UFC heavyweight division has changed completely with Stipe breaking the record and Cormier breaking Stipe...

Meanwhile, Fedor has been slowly crawling back to relevancy. Say what you will about Mir or Chael as challenging opponents in 2018, but if he actually ends up winning the whole Bellator tourney and HW belt he's being something once again. Funny how things have kinda gone back to where they were before 2010. Anyway, I'm rambling....

Doesn't matter
Zuffa isn't protecting him anymore. His time was up.
He would've faced the real gauntlet of the heavyweight division.

Which was what? Apparently , it was Stipe, who got knocked cold by Cormier.

Cormier, BTW, still says Cain is the greatest heavyweight he's ever seen.

Such a shame about Cain's injury history. Some bodies just can't hold up.

Reminds me of Derrick Rose in basketball. All the potential in the world, just cut short by injuries.

Well all you morons convinced him he should stand and strike with JDS instead of using his wrestling.

Do you seriously think sherdoggers convinced Cain of anything? Cain always used his striking to setup his wrestling, he just got caught.

cain only lost to werdum because of werdum's special supplements

Cain lost to Werdum because Cain was stupid. Instead of showing up to Mexico city five weeks early to acclimatize like Werdum did, Cain showed up about two weeks prior. Biggest mistake of his career. One made by his ego. You need to respect the effects of altitude, especially if you're a fighter.

Do you seriously think sherdoggers convinced Cain of anything? Cain always used his striking to setup his wrestling, he just got caught.

Not specifically sherdog. The public at large. He was pressured into striking due to it being the first event on Fox and wanting to put on a show. Most people were convinced his striking was as good or better than JDS's. I even remember him being interviewed about it and saying he would stand and strike.

The way he approached the first and second fight are night and day.

Cain being injured and inactive during the new drug testing era is fishy too

It's more to do with his back problems, his spines held together by a steel cage after his latest surgery.

I think if he was the champion he would be more active.
Like a fight every 18 months or so.

It's weird to think about these two chaps now.... back in 2010 - Cain was on his hot streak, going through Nog and ending Lesnar's reign and whatnot. And Werdum submitted Fedor (and that started the downfall of the Last Emperor). These fellas had the "GOAT" status in their grasp, and their fight felt like stuff of legends (even though Cain had already started his injury spree)

Now Cain is technically gone the way of the dodo and Werdum fucked up his legacy by getting caught with them PEDs. And the landscape of UFC heavyweight division has changed completely with Stipe breaking the record and Cormier breaking Stipe...

Meanwhile, Fedor has been slowly crawling back to relevancy. Say what you will about Mir or Chael as challenging opponents in 2018, but if he actually ends up winning the whole Bellator tourney and HW belt he's being something once again. Funny how things have kinda gone back to where they were before 2010. Anyway, I'm rambling....
I think Cain was quite a few wins away from Fedor's status.

I called Werdum out on being a cheaty cheaterton long ago. Glad he finally got caught. Anyone that saw his Travis Browne fight and think it's normal for a mid 30s fighter to just suddenly completely change athletically are living in a land of fairytales.

If Bob Sapp was undefeated would he be the GOAT?

Ah, you just reminded me the last time we saw cain he was meme kicking that can travis browne. What a great time.

Cain 'Mr Glass' just doesn't fight enough to be in the conversation. Great performances when he fights too bad he is injured more often than healthy.

Ah, you just reminded me the last time we saw cain he was meme kicking that can travis browne. What a great time.
Aside from Travis’s strong, strong listening skills, what does the guy even have to offer?

Back