If Bill Gates gave you 7 billion dollars what would you buy with it?

At least 1 hooker and 1 blow

an army and weapons, some islands or state sized territories somewhere, multiple lifetimes supply of liquor and hold out for the apocalypse.

plot twist then declare independence in the name of Kekistan
Pm me when u ready boi. U gonna need need some help

The amount is an absurd amount. I would be giving away money left and right. Paying off people's cars. Have a tax problem? I got you. Just on a face to face level more than some huge charity. Helping families around the neighborhood. In the city where I'm from, and elsewhere.

I'll never really go broke. Too close to death now. It doesn't matter though. Spending 7B is a long ways away. Highly unlikely unless I completely lose my mind.

Last edited:
Buy Sherdog and rename it Shercat. @lsa @kevy2pale @HI SCOTT NEWMAN
agreed-good-sir.jpg

I'd give it back.

Better in his hands than mine.

I'd buy the WWE and bring back The Attitude Era 2.0. Even if I lost "billions" because of it I have 7 so fuck it. lol

The amount is an absurd amount. I would be giving away money left and right. Paying off people's cars. Have a tax problem? I got you. Just on a face to face level more than some huge charity. Helping families around the neighborhood. In the city where I'm from, and elsewhere.

I'll never really go broke. Too close to death now. It doesn't matter though. Spending 7B is a long ways away. Highly unlikely unless I completely lose my mind.

That's basically into "dam I'm actually responsible for the wellbeing of the world at large" amount, every negative news story about the developing world would leave me feeling depressed if I didn't do something about it.

That's basically into "dam I'm actually responsible for the wellbeing of the world at large" amount, every negative news story about the developing world would leave me feeling depressed if I didn't do something about it.
Yeah it's pretty unfathomable. Though I'm not here to change the the world, I would like to help as many people as possible. Just go around paying off people's debts. That's good enough for me.

Most people can't. Remember the movie Brewster's Millions where a man is given the choice of inheriting $1million or spend $30 million in 30 days to inherit $300 million. He had to own nothing at the end of the 30 days but couldn't just give it away. He had to spend it. That was in 1985.

Today I'd just buy Newcastle United from Jack Ashley, instantly worthless.

I would buy a lot of fun stuff. But really I would spend the rest of my life making a difference. Helping battered women get their lives on track with schooling and housing. Abused kids the same. Maybe starting a news organization that just reports facts with no agenda.

The most expensive
-whey protein powder
-mobile phone
Thats it

After tax gifts are taxable?

yes about 10k per year per person or family member

but if that's not what you meant, you would pay income taxes on a 7 billion dollar gift from bill gates to the tune of 39%

If you're talking about the billion you give each kid, I'm sure there are some tax free trusts that are only subject to tax when they mature or if you opted to set up the trust so your kid gets a monthly allowance then that allowance amount is also subject to income tax if it's annual total is over a certain amount.

If the developing world wanted decent standards of living maybe they should work for it

yes about 10k per year per person or family member

but if that's not what you meant, you would pay income taxes on a 7 billion dollar gift from bill gates to the tune of 39%

If you're talking about the billion you give each kid, I'm sure there are some tax free trusts that are only subject to tax when they mature or if you opted to set up the trust so your kid gets a monthly allowance then that allowance amount is also subject to income tax if it's annual total is over a certain amount.

How odd.

In Sydney house prices are crazy (median about 1.2 million) so lots of rich parents give their children deposits of several hundred thousand (1 mate of mine got given an even million) would that have been taxable?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back