Identity politics could cost Democrats 2020

The real problem with identity politics is that it works by leveraging and exploiting human issues for political gain.

Liberals are focused on tearing at scabs and making people feel helpless and vulnerable so they can position themselves as the solution. It’s a deceitful, disgusting tactic.

It's also 100% true.

That's why you've been reduced to schoolyard insults, rather than trying to address this undisputed fact.
It was also 200 years ago, the Republicans are running actual Nazis today.

Ok, but I don't see how that bit of history is relevant to this discussion, though.

Gun to head a randomly selected KKK member (full blown racist, proud of it) and you have to guess how he votes to save your life. What are you picking absent any other information?

Yeah, I thought so.

You were asking of evidence of blatant racism on the part of the Democratic Party.

The Democratic party is responsible for giving the world one of the most racist organizations in history.

The modern-day KKK is more or less gone, I read a report years ago that there are entire chapters were the only dues-paying members are either undercover informants, or undercover agents.

When the KKK was in full power, it served as the intimidation arm of the Democratic Party.

Don't be so quick to give Trump credit. While I think legalization is the right move, make no mistake about it, the push to Federally deschedule has more to do with wanting to get their fingers into that tax revenue than anything else. After all, you cannot tax that which is not legal. Further, MJ related businesses cannot use Federally insured banks, so they are basically conducting their businesses in cash = a nightmare for the IRS in trying to assess an individual business owner's income.
So you don’t want to give Trump credit because the federal government could benefit in tax revenue? So basically you can’t give any politician credit, ever. That’s what it sounds like to me. Weird.

I think "Medicare For All" sounds slightly less commie.
obama had his chance, and it was squandered. Healthcare is some sort of lost hope and might have to start as a state issue, sort of like free college. I've already tossed in the towel when it comes to HC, thankfully, I'm not paying my fair share, even if I do pay it myself through work.

You were asking of evidence of blatant racism on the part of the Democratic Party.

The Democratic party is responsible for giving the world one of the most racist organizations in history.

The modern-day KKK is more or less gone, I read a report years ago that there are entire chapters were the only dues-paying members are either undercover informants, or undercover agents.

When the KKK was in full power, it served as the intimidation arm of the Democratic Party.
200 years ago, the parties flipped during civil rights movement.

It was also 200 years ago, the Republicans are running actual Nazis today.
<TrumpWrong1>

For just one example, the "Klanbake" was in 1924.

Also:
https://goo.gl/images/ooTsMN
ooTsMN

Oh, I think Democrats are light years better than Republicans but they certainly play the identity politics game. They're better from a policy standpoint, so they can run on that!!! But again I get it, identity politics seems necessary, especially in this environment. In a better world we could leave it all aside and the political leaders with the best ideas would win. I know, crazy.

Or the ones that could best rig it, like the media and DNC tried to do last election. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Republicans too, I've grown to hate both sides of Washington because they are self serving, deceitful liars. All of them. I just don't see how some of you never seem to see through their bullshit.

So stupid, you started out talking about the founding of KKK. Will you deny the parties flipped due to the civil right movement?
I do deny such things, because it's demonstrably not true:

Identity politics causes separation. Most Americans, regardless of political beliefs, wish for unity.

Speak for yourself. I do not care one bit about unity with most people who are in the same political body as me. Internationalism ftw. Get with the times. I will side with Islamists before I side with the left. Islam is our Trojan horse to destroy the leftist plague.

quote-i-m-not-a-republican-nor-a-democrat-nor-an-american-and-got-sense-enough-to-know-it-malcolm-x-86-93-09.jpg

Last edited:

Robert Byrd served up until 2010 FFS, that's pretty darn modern

Other racist groups are alive and well though. And obviously I was asking for current examples since I was talking about the claim that the left is more racist and how is that effecting the party today and going forward. Weird that you missed that part.

It's also fairly slimy to attribute history to the party today. That would be like claiming people alive today should be responsible for their ancestors owning slaves or something.

Or the ones that could best rig it, like the media and DNC tried to do last election. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Republicans too, I've grown to hate both sides of Washington because they are self serving, deceitful liars. All of them. I just don't see how some of you never seem to see through their bullshit.
The media (all political leanings) did a hideous job of covering the election, so I am with you on that. I'm not with you on the rigging of the DNC primary though, if that is what you mean. But the clear difference is one party is trying to serve the interests of the people, as incompetent as they may be in many ways. But one party, who appears to be more competent at politics is clearly only interested in upwards redistribution of wealth and seemingly at any cost. That is why I vote Democrat, it's not because I feel loyal to the party, I just align with them on policy.

You are completely ignorant of American history. Byrd was a member as young man and changed his views, it proves less than nothing.

You said 200 years. What you should have said was "8 years". Robert Byrd was a member of the Senate until 2010.

Also, hard to say he changed his views when he still used disgusting racial slurs in the 21st century:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=121733

The Democratic party has been without KKK influence for an entire 8 years. I don't think the left should necessarily be patting themselves on the back over that.

The real problem with identity politics is that it works by leveraging and exploiting human issues for political gain.

Liberals are focused on tearing at scabs and making people feel helpless and vulnerable so they can position themselves as the solution. It’s a deceitful, disgusting tactic.

By liberal you mean Trump? Because that was his literal platform.

He wasn't?
I dont think African Americans would vote like a giant bloc if one party wasnt actively hostile to them. there is a pretty big spectrum of actual beliefs there, it just doesnt matter because of GOP dog whistles.

Neither party is actively hostile to African-Americans. But that particular lie is so necessary to Democratic electoral success that they will keep telling that lie regardless of how damaging it is to racial harmony in the US.

Either way, racial identity politics has the potential to be ruinous in a state without a racial majority. And pushing racial identity politics is divisive (and often racist) even in the short run.

Neither party is actively hostile to African-Americans. But that particular lie is so necessary to Democratic electoral success that they will keep telling that lie regardless of how damaging it is to racial harmony in the US.

Either way, racial identity politics has the potential to be ruinous in a state without a racial majority. And pushing racial identity politics is divisive (and often racist) even in the short run.

Welll except for the GOP in places like North Carolina who specifically targets black people to prevent them from from voting. Even the Supreme Court thought so.

Interesting

You said 200 years. What you should have said was "8 years". Robert Byrd was a member of the Senate until 2010.

Also, hard to say he changed his views when he still used disgusting racial slurs in the 21st century:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=121733

The Democratic party has been without KKK influence for an entire 8 years. I don't think the left should necessarily be patting themselves on the back over that.

The actual constant has nothing to do with the Democratic or Republican Party, it has to do with geography: it was, by and large, the South where the KKK flourished and had influence.

Back