Identity politics could cost Democrats 2020

What's the definition of insanity again?

you're thinking of the definition for practice. Here's the definition of insanity:

unsoundness of mind or lack of the ability to understand that prevents one from having the mental capacity required by law to enter into a particular relationship, status, or transaction or that releases one from criminal or civil responsibility

You have a lot more in common with Trump than you think. Now you want to shut the media up, because it isn't saying what you want it to.
I didn't say anything about "shutting the media up". I wrote a post outlining how they should be held to account for deliberately writing untruths with malicious intent.

This is already one of our laws. I can see that you think it's acceptable for press bodies to accuse people of belonging to concrete movements despite the lack of any affiliation (and in spite of verbal disavowal as was the case with Bannon).
Also, I'm still waiting on a source for your earlier claim. Show me actual proof that the Democratic party cries racism at people for simply being against Democratic tax policy(which isn't even that progressive).
https://policy.m4bl.org/platform/
This is literally the platform for the #BLM movement. This is what a consortium of their major chapters produced when they were challenged to produce more than protest-- to offer solutions. This movement was brought onto the stage of the Democratic convention. They are being celebrated at Hollywood awards ceremonies along with witch hunts like #metoo (where the Democratic major of LA wore a button in support of #timesup). These are movements closely associated with the heart of the "Critical Race Theory" paradigm, and its assumptions.

"Reparations" is listed as one of the primary pillars of the platform.

Republicans, conservatives, and right-leaning independents who resisted #BLM were accused of racial callousness at best, and outright racism at worst-- things were usually at their worst. They were painted as "Intolerables" by the would-be leader of the Democratic party herself. They were accused of participating in "systemic racism". Apparently the only way to combat "systemic racism" entails "Reparations" and embrace of the BDS movement (i.e. "Invest-Divest).

Ergo, to oppose #BLM's central platform, which is to oppose radical progressive economic redistributions of wealth, is to suffer the stigma of racism according to contemporary liberal theory. It's not just a conclusion. It's the only logical conclusion.

Liberals need to carve this cancer out from their core.

are you calling mexican-americans, mexicans?
OMG, what a blunder.

Yes, I am. The term "mexican american" sort of reinforces my idea of how they liked to be viewed as separate.

i can post a bbc article that pretty much says so. but I assumed since alot of your posts were referring to personal experience that this was a casual conversation.
I figured since you were down with the latino immigrants that you would understand why alot of violence against them would not be reported,as many were undocumented, thus statistics would not be the most reliable thing in regards to what is happening on the streets.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41975573

I asked for evidence because I don't think the statistics are going to support your theory that there is an increase in racially motivated violence between blacks and hispanics. There may specific areas where that occurs, but I don't think that is a trend across the country at all.

According to your source, the biggest increase in hate crimes is against Muslims, and I believe that is two years running now. Anti-Muslim hate crimes have surpassed the 2001 post-911 numbers, the rise started during the Presidential election cycle. I actually thought about posting some examples one day, but I knew what the reaction would be.

But we shouldn't gauge the country by extremes. We should gauge the country by the mainstream, not what's happening in the hood and the trailer park. If you judge a country based only on the extreme examples coming from people living in the most extreme economic circumstances you will always find trouble.

But in my experience, across the board, people are not hateful. I'm not talking about criminals though, I'm talking about normal people.

I didn't say anything about "shutting the media up". I wrote a post outlining how they should be held to account for deliberately writing untruths with malicious intent.

This is already one of our laws. I can see that you think it's acceptable for press bodies to accuse people of belonging to concrete movements despite the lack of any affiliation (and in spite of verbal disavowal as was the case with Bannon).

https://policy.m4bl.org/platform/
This is literally the platform for the #BLM movement. This is what a consortium of their major chapters produced when they were challenged to produce more than protest-- to offer solutions. This movement was brought onto the stage of the Democratic convention. They are being celebrated at Hollywood awards ceremonies along with witch hunts like #metoo (where the Democratic major of LA wore a button in support of #timesup). These are movements closely associated with the heart of the "Critical Race Theory" paradigm, and its assumptions.

"Reparations" is listed as one of the primary pillars of the platform.

Republicans, conservatives, and right-leaning independents who resisted #BLM were accused of racial callousness at best, and outright racism at worst-- things were usually at their worst. They were painted as "Intolerables" by the would-be leader of the Democratic party herself. They were accused of participating in "systemic racism". Apparently the only way to combat "systemic racism" entails "Reparations" and embrace of the BDS movement (i.e. "Invest-Divest).

Ergo, to oppose #BLM's central platform, which is to oppose radical progressive economic redistributions of wealth, is to suffer the stigma of racism according to contemporary liberal theory. It's not just a conclusion. It's the only logical conclusion.

Liberals need to carve this cancer out from their core.
You said:
The fact that the Democratic party is literally branding people "racists" if they don't agree with economic policy on taxation,

You didn't say BLM, you said "Democratic Party", you're being incredibly disingenuous here.

OMG, what a blunder.

Yes, I am. The term "mexican american" sort of reinforces my idea of how they liked to be viewed as separate.

You mean like Italian Americans, Irish Americans, etc? Lol. Come on man. I think you are holding Mexicans to a completely different standard than every single immigrant group that ever came before them.

Recent immigrants tend to spend time with other immigrants from their country because they share a language and they share the same lifestyle. That has ALWAYS been the case, always. As time passes, they integrate more and more into society. That is not a Mexican thing man, that is an immigrant thing.

Shit, go hang out with some Italians that have been here for 100 years Seano. They STILL call themselves Italians. They root for Italy in the World Cup and everything, it's annoying. Lol.

My friend Tara insists on pronouncing Mozzarella "Moo-zer-ell" or some crap just because that's the Italian way. Her family has been here since the turn of the previous century.

OMG, what a blunder.

Yes it actually is a blunder. Alot of the time when white people call mexican-americans, Mexicans, it is because they are racist and don't feel we are equals or true americans. They like to alienate us and falsely label us as foreigners because of our blood and culture. They've done that forever. Maybe all those years of racial segregation and racial discrimination that still goes on today just got to mexican americans, and now we have gotten used to it?

Last edited:
You said:

You didn't say BLM, you said "Democratic Party", you're being incredibly disingenuous here.
You're auditing his language in favor of "winning" the discussion rather than trying to understand the point. You realize a seemingly major portion of liberals support the BLM agenda, yes?

Yes it actually is a blunder. Alot of the time when white people call mexican-americans, Mexicans, it is because they are racist and don't feel they are equals or true americans. They like to alienate us and falsely label us as foreigners. They've done that forever. Maybe all those years of racial segregation just got to mexican americans, and now we have gotten used to it?
I prefer to think of my fellow americans as americans. They wouldn't want me using their race to recognize them. It doesn't matter to me that your great great great great great grandfather came from Africa, Mexico where ever. Its not relevant. There is no way that it is relevant or fruitful to our society to put these titles on ourselves to make sure everyone knows we're a little different.

I prefer to think of my fellow americans as americans. They wouldn't want me using their race to recognize them. It doesn't matter to me that your great great great great great grandfather came from Africa, Mexico where ever. Its not relevant. There is no way that it is relevant or fruitful to our society to put these titles on ourselves to make sure everyone knows we're a little different.
I'm sure they prefer it to being called foreign nationals.

I agree, but you agree that it is not at all a Hispanic culture thing, it's an American thing to require people to recognize your heritage? Like I said, how many Italian Americans and Irish Americans just HAVE to make sure you know how Italian/Irish they are? To me, it's a bit obnoxious. But it's not new, and the current wave of immigrants shouldn't suddenly be singled out for it when people who have been here 100 years still celebrate how Italian/Irish they are.

I agree, but you agree that it is not at all a Hispanic culture thing, it's an American thing to require people to recognize your heritage? Like I said, how many Italian Americans and Irish Americans just HAVE to make sure you know how Italian/Irish they are? To me, it's a bit obnoxious. But it's not new, and the current wave of immigrants shouldn't suddenly be singled out for it when people who have been here 100 years still celebrate how Italian/Irish they are.
Mexican Americans were here before the irish and italians came 100 years ago.

Seano is talking about recent immigrants.
why do you say that? I read what he wrote and I didnt get that. I've seen him call a guy who was obviously mexican american, Mexican before.

I would be happy and applaud him for it, does that outweigh everything else I hate about him, no. And wait and see if anything actually happens, Trump takes both sides of an issue constantly.

Don't be so quick to give Trump credit. While I think legalization is the right move, make no mistake about it, the push to Federally deschedule has more to do with wanting to get their fingers into that tax revenue than anything else. After all, you cannot tax that which is not legal. Further, MJ related businesses cannot use Federally insured banks, so they are basically conducting their businesses in cash = a nightmare for the IRS in trying to assess an individual business owner's income.\

I said it a long time ago. Open a bank that caters to the MJ business and you could make a killing. Hell, you can't even use payroll services (such as for direct deposit) with MJ related businesses - some have big disclaimers when you sign up that demand you affirm "This is NOT a marijuana related business".

Don't be so quick to give Trump credit. While I think legalization is the right move, make no mistake about it, the push to Federally deschedule has more to do with wanting to get their fingers into that tax revenue than anything else. After all, you cannot tax that which is not legal. Further, MJ related businesses cannot use Federally insured banks, so they are basically conducting their businesses in cash = a nightmare for the IRS in trying to assess an individual business owner's income.\

I said it a long time ago. Open a bank that caters to the MJ business and you could make a killing. Hell, you can't even use payroll services (such as for direct deposit) with MJ related businesses - some have big disclaimers when you sign up that demand you affirm "This is NOT a marijuana related business".
Actually, you can tax illegal stuff and it's technically tax evasion if you do not report income and pay taxes on illegal activity (famous example is Al Capone).

People can't establish legitimate businesses if it's illegal, which means the sale of weed will remain a black market in states where it is illegal.

I'm being a technical asshole I know, I do get your point. Legalizing it does lead to enormous tax revenue. But the accountant in me couldn't let it go, apologies.

When Hillary runs in 2020 the dems will lose no matter what.

Actually, you can tax illegal stuff and it's technically tax evasion if you do not report income and pay taxes on illegal activity (famous example is Al Capone).

People can't establish legitimate businesses if it's illegal, which means the sale of weed will remain a black market in states where it is illegal.

I'm being a technical asshole I know, I do get your point. Legalizing it does lead to enormous tax revenue. But the accountant in me couldn't let it go, apologies.

I like technical, so no worries.

How do you tax things that are illegal? Honest question.

And while I am aware that you are required to report all forms of income, it would seem a bit of a catch 22 to report income on a Federal form that was derived from Federally illegal sources, as in a kind of admission of partaking in illegal activities.

Regardless of whether or not the Feds would look the other way as to the source of income, I suspect the main contention is that it remains difficult to audit a business that does not utilize a bank account and/or electronic payments, as you are simply relying on the records of the business owner.

While I'm not an accountant, my mother was, so I've had a little exposure to it and tax prep. over the years, in addition to doing the accounting for my own (unrelated) business now.

Back