International Icelandic Women Walking Off Jobs Over Gender Pay Gap, Including Prime Minister

Orgasmo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
She is literally the highest paid official and in charge of the country, and still she pulls stunts like this. Do Icelandic men get paid for picking up the slack of this walkout too?
Tens of thousands of women in Iceland, including Prime Minister Katrín Jakobsdóttir, will refuse to work on Tuesday. The "kvennafri", or women's day off, has been called in protest at the gender pay gap and gender-based violence.

Fields in which women form the majority of workers, such as healthcare and education, will be especially affected. The planned walkout will mark the first full-day women's strike since 1975.

Women and non-binary people have been urged to refuse paid and unpaid work on Tuesday, including household chores.

"I will not work this day, as I expect all the women [in cabinet] will do as well," Iceland's PM Ms Jakobsdóttir told the mbl.is website. Ms Jakobsdóttir said her government is looking into how female-dominated professions are valued, in comparison to fields traditionally dominated by men.
Sauce: Iceland's PM to strike over gender pay gap - BBC News

She is literally the highest paid official and in charge of the country, and still she pulls stunts like this. Do Icelandic men get paid for picking up the slack of this walkout too?

Sauce: Iceland's PM to strike over gender pay gap - BBC News

Sounds as if the "pay gap" in Iceland is because of chosen profession. Maybe women should be flocking to jobs in teaching and healthcare if they want more money.

What other stunts has she pulled?

What other stunts has she pulled?

she tried to jump Super Dave playing the piano
super-dave-osborne-bob-einstein.gif

And yet that idiot and her comrades will get upset when told men put in more hours.

I know nothing about Iceland besides that there are a lot of world strongest men winners from there. Are there any jobs besides lifting heavy things and fishing? Im willing to grant a 9'6 lady asylum but what if i cant contain her?

Back