Ice Cold Igor V. is training again

This is awesome and sad at the same time.

Igor is awesome, no doubt, but we are not in the early 2000 anymore, you need young prospects and have a long term vision to have a successful promotion.
Recycling the former stars you had is not a good plan, long term.

I bet he is paying these stars a lot of money, money that comes from the Fuji TV contract.
They better have great numbers on TV in the future or they will end like Pride (and K1, Dream,...).

I know: "his heath"...."the integrity of the sport"....."at his age?"

I couldn't care less. This would be fantastic for old-school fans (and new). I would love to see him fight Wanderlei!

All these guys calling for fighters retirements sound like nagging wives

Don't believe i can embed Dailymotion here, but Kerr - Varelans was and still is one of the most brutal MMA fights ever imo. Also two of the biggest guys who ever fought. Kerr was roided to the gills here.

Good example why knees to a downed opponent are illegal (and steroids too for that matter).

Edit: it's not THAT bad now i see it again. My bad,

Those were some nasty knees to the face for sure. Varelans was cut and rocked.

He was a big, tough guy, but obviously outclassed against some of his opponents.

Thanks for the vid!

I don't see this going well for Igor, but then again he's prolly fighting in Japan against a joke opponent

Something to bounce back from after that beating from the elite talent; Maldonado.

Looks like we are living in a world with selective amnesia. Yes he was sloppy in the first round, bu if you have watched that match then you would have clearly seen the pillar to post beating he gave to Maldonado. He showed the real heart.

I don't know why I am arguing against these trolls, when his life-long critic Dana White himself admitted the warrior Fedor is, after that match.

Last edited:
One of the most intimidating MMA fighters ever. Great legend.

Don't know what to think of this though. He got old and hasn't fought n years. I don't want these old legends to get bruatlised just because they couldn't let go.

The MMA god heard my prayers Igor Bless.

Igor never stopped training. Just not on a professional level but his strenght routines are pretty challenging and he lives a healthy life..

His gas tank and distance+timing should be the main problem if he wants to compete again. His grappling drills are pretty sharp and grappling shouldnt be a problem for him.

I`d say 6months and he could start with a fight.

Lets give him to CM Punk if he wins against Gall. <cheer>

vs Kohsaka would make sense

Now we can expect Mark Kerr,Murilo Ninja and Ricardo Arona coming back

Igor never stopped training. Just not on a professional level but his strenght routines are pretty challenging and he lives a healthy life..

His gas tank and distance+timing should be the main problem if he wants to compete again. His grappling drills are pretty sharp and grappling shouldnt be a problem for him.

I`d say 6months and he could start with a fight.

Lets give him to CM Punk if he wins against Gall. <cheer>

However we never know when Igor started to train for a possible Rizin fight, he might started already in june in discretion.

Looks like we are living in a world with selective amnesia. Yes he was sloppy in the first round, bu if you have watched that match then you would have clearly seen the pillar to post beating he gave to Maldonado. He showed the real heart.

I don't know why I am arguing against these trolls, when his life-long critic Dana White himself admitted the warrior Fedor is, after that match.
For real. He wasn't ever in danger of being KO'd like that before. He showed he has heart and his chin is solid.

Holy crap, he is only 43. Looks over 50
He also retired at 32 it seems, while many fighters are at their prime at that age
he did have 63 kickboxing and 71 mma matches at that point already

why on earth would people be excited about this?

igor was one of the baddest motherfuckers on the planet. but his last fight was literally 11 years ago.

a 43 year old, returning after an 11 year absence, when he left the sport due to injuries. if you expect anything other than him looking like absolute shite, i got a nice bridge for sale.

I know: "his heath"...."the integrity of the sport"....."at his age?"

I couldn't care less. This would be fantastic for old-school fans (and new). I would love to see him fight Wanderlei!
"Couldn't" care less. Get it right, imbecile.

War ice cold.

"Couldn't" care less. Get it right, imbecile.

War ice cold.
You're fuckin with me, right? Or am I truly an imbecile?

If you were serious, you're a fool because I got it right and always get it right.

Back