Ice Cold Igor V. is training again

Who knows,Sakakibara works hard,probably..Would be crazy with Fedor,Wand,Mirko,Igor,Fujita,and few old warriors.That would be epic.Imagine intro,entrances,40 K fans

Too old.
Away from competition for too long.

Would be like throwing Arona into a fight.
Way out of the loop.

They both had great runs though!

if i am correct he couldnt even close his hands properly anymore.

And still fighting, that's savage..

He was one of the first fighters i ever saw via some obscure VHS-tape one of my friends got from a friend from a friend. I remember a very very very big yellow cage where people basically just had BRUTAL street fights.

It was one of the most disturbing thing i had ever seen... with there being no internet at that time..

Good memories :)

I know: "his heath"...."the integrity of the sport"....."at his age?"

I couldn't care less. This would be fantastic for old-school fans (and new). I would love to see him fight Wanderlei!

I know: "his heath"...."the integrity of the sport"....."at his age?" I couldn't care less. This would be fantastic for old-school fans (and new). I would love to see him fight Wanderlei!

That would be amazing. Both are stocky fighters who without a doubt still have KO power. Would watch that without a doubt.

Holy crap, he is only 43. Looks over 50
He also retired at 32 it seems, while many fighters are at their prime at that age

Many of the older generation fighters had their beginnings in bare knuckle fights with headbutts n shit.

Also not many point fights before the UFC. And those that ended in decisions were usually wars.

Medicine and PEDs are also very advanced now.

Paul was basically only big... Back then he was what Bob Sapp is in this time. He was better at taking a beating though.. man man man that was hard to watch sometimes.

Nothing about Paul Varelans fights was ever hard to watch for me. Had exciting fights almost every time.

Actually speed and power are the first things to go, the last to go is strength.

Please explain to me the difference between power and strength.. might be the language barrier.

Nothing about Paul Varelans fights was ever hard to watch for me. Had exciting fights almost every time.

I didn't ment his fighting skills, i ment the brutal punishment he took. Kerr - Varelans is a good example.

Also, i was still new to MMA and was not used to all the blood and knees to the face. Took some time ;)

Give him a gimme fight in Rizin, the man deserves the money

I don't care how old he is. If he's fighting I'm watching and 100% rooting for him.

If he does fight I hope he viciously KO's whoever he goes in there with.

omg I hope he calls out McGREGOAT!!!!!111

I want Igor's bum life to change and for Mrs. Vovchanchyna to get a red trusiki night!

I didn't ment his fighting skills, i ment the brutal punishment he took. Kerr - Varelans is a good example.

Also, i was still new to MMA and was not used to all the blood and knees to the face. Took some time ;)

I hear ya. I don't remember the Kerr fight TBH. I do remember his fights with Tank, Ruas, and some tough dude with a crew cut. All bloody battles.

Exciting to read of his possible return in Japan.

I hear ya. I don't remember the Kerr fight TBH. I do remember his fights with Tank, Ruas, and some tough dude with a crew cut. All bloody battles.

Don't believe i can embed Dailymotion here, but Kerr - Varelans was and still is one of the most brutal MMA fights ever imo. Also two of the biggest guys who ever fought. Kerr was roided to the gills here.

Good example why knees to a downed opponent are illegal (and steroids too for that matter).

Edit: it's not THAT bad now i see it again. My bad,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back