Media Ian Garry has agreed to fight Colby Covington

Who would win the fight?

• Total voters
Why? From winning a lackluster 49-46 over a year ago against a 1 armed 36 year old who still won a round even with one of his arms not working?

Tom Aspinall stepped in to save a card and won by spectacular KO just 6 months ago and is still fighting again even after winning the interim title, Colby won an interim title and still got stripped and had to fight again because he got minor sinus surgery. Guys take fights all the time to stay active if the fight they want falls through.
Belal has done a lot more than just beat Burns to get where he is and you know that. Tom is getting screwed because the UFC is dead set on doing Jones vs Stipe, I don't want to see that fight anymore than you do but it's the most accomplished UFC HW against the guy that many consider to be the greatest fighter ever. It's not comparable to Belal getting the short end of the stick just because he doesn't have an entertaining style.

The UFC did wrong by Colby when he won the interim belt but that was over five years ago and they have since gifted him two title shots that he didn't deserve, I'd say that makes up for it.

What is this garbage non-answer?
Lol, nice edit. You've already embarrassed yourself multiple times on the same subject pretending to be a "stan" of Ian Garry and claimed Colby is a bum who won't fight guys on a win streak, until I pointed out that Garry doesn't either, and is yet again trying to fight an old guy coming off a loss, and you had to pretend effing Neil Magny in 2023 on a week's notice was some incredible win. Why are you not demanding Ian Garry finally try to fight someone on a win streak instead of yet another guy coming off a loss?

The top 5 fight now are Usman, Belal, Shavkat, Colby and JDM, so 4 guys besides Belal himself and he hasn't fought any of the others. Is Belal a much better fighter than Colby or not? If so, great, he gets an easy win against a recent title contender who's still in the top 5, and it'll help the betting odds to compare who beat Colby worse. It doesn't sound like you're that confident in Belal though.

Lol, nice edit. You've already embarrassed yourself multiple times on the same subject pretending to be a "stan" of Ian Garry and claimed Colby is a bum who won't fight guys on a win streak, until I pointed out that Garry doesn't either, and is yet again trying to fight an old guy coming off a loss, and you had to pretend effing Neil Magny in 2023 on a week's notice was some incredible win. Why are you not demanding Ian Garry finally try to fight someone on a win streak instead of yet another guy coming off a loss?
You embarrassed yourself by lying. And now you're trying to pretend Magny doesnt count. Stfu dude. We all see through your bullshit.

The top 5 fight now are Usman, Belal, Shavkat, Colby and JDM, so 4 guys besides Belal himself and he hasn't fought any of the others.
Burns, Wonderboy, Luque and were all in the top 5 when Belal fought them. He should have gotten the title fight 2 years ago. Colby has no wins over anyone even in the UFC so lol at bringing this up.

Is Belal a much better fighter than Colby or not? If so, great, he gets an easy win against a recent title contender who's still in the top 5, and it'll help the betting odds to compare who beat Colby worse. It doesn't sound like you're that confident in Belal though.
The fight makes no sense whatsoever, you're just in stan mode desperately trying to argue your hero should get another title shot. Who gives a fuck about an easy win? I would be an easy win for Belal, doesn't mean I should get to fight him. Belal is next up for a title fight in Manchester.

Colby needs to man up and face Ian Garry. Stop riding his nuts so hard.

No one Cares ?

This is a fun matchup

Colby absolutely should fight down

Gary has earned an elite opponent.

No one cares about Colby anymore, he's a boring and childish rank squatter. Garry has earned a higher ranked opponent sure, and there are plenty to choose from who aren't booked. Colby should go to the back of the line, and he's not elite. The press conference is the only reason to get excited about this fight. Stylistically this fight would most likely be boring no matter who wins.

The other issue is they'll probably give Colby another shot with a win. Colby should fight Brady or someone lower ranked. Garry can fight Shavkat, JDM, Usman, or Belial.

You embarrassed yourself by lying. And now you're trying to pretend Magny doesnt count. Stfu dude. We all see through your bullshit.

Burns, Wonderboy, Luque and were all in the top 5 when Belal fought them. He should have gotten the title fight 2 years ago. Colby has no wins over anyone even in the UFC so lol at bringing this up.

The fight makes no sense whatsoever, you're just in stan mode desperately trying to argue your hero should get another title shot. Who gives a fuck about an easy win? I would be an easy win for Belal, doesn't mean I should get to fight him. Belal is next up for a title fight in Manchester.

Colby needs to man up and face Ian Garry. Stop riding his nuts so hard.
He's not asking for a title shot, dummy, but again, you seem to think he'd beat Belal and earn one, which is why you're scared of the matchup and instead want one that could only lower his standing and not one that could raise it, because as soon as he beats Garry, you'll instantly shit on Garry and say he was an untested bum who was never your friend.

I already said I said I don't care who any of them fight, and if you want to use where the opponents were ranked at the time, great, or where they are now, great, inactivity, great, or fighting guys on winning streaks, but you pick like it's a menu that applies to fighters you don't like, but not the ones you do, because you've already shown you have no standards beyond "mean cage fighter man hurts my feelings".

I don't care if Colby fights Belal or Garry or Shavkat or Tom Aspinall, and I don't care who any of the others fight either because I don't have the emotional investment you do, which is why Colby is a draw to begin with.

Lol, yeah, it's "excellent", based on 69% TDD against 0 competent grapplers.

Colby would be Garry's 6th opponent out of 8 fights coming off a loss, half of them over 35, the other half cans, a split decision against Geoff Neal who's lost 4 of his last 6, he beat 36 year old journeyman Neil Magny who stepped in a week before the fight and has been finished 8 times.

Everything you accuse Colby of, Ian Garry does, only Garry is less dominant and with weaker competition. If Colby sucks and Garry is "a legitimate contender entering his prime", why aren't you demanding Garry fight JDM or Sean Brady or finally fight somebody who isn't old and coming off a loss?
It's strange you downplay beating Neal and Magny when Shavkat literally got to where he is by beating them. Do you think Shavkat is some tomato can too?

Neal Magny is a "competent grappler". Your ratings are really skewed if you think "Neal lost 4/6 so he sucks" is valid.

Ian has fought good and appropriate competition for his age. It makes sense that his next fight is a big name.

It's strange you downplay beating Neal and Magny when Shavkat literally got to where he is by beating them. Do you think Shavkat is some tomato can too?

Neal Magny is a "competent grappler". Your ratings are really skewed if you think "Neal lost 4/6 so he sucks" is valid.

Ian has fought good and appropriate competition for his age. It makes sense that his next fight is a big name.
I didn't say Garry was a can either, I said nobody he's fought is a good enough wrestler to conclude he has "excellent TDD". Sean Brady would be the guy that would show how good his TDD and grappling are, but that would break Garry's tradition of fighting old guys coming off losses, and would benefit the winner no matter which of them wins. He could fight Colby, but beating Colby or beating Brady would get him to the same spot of needing another top 5 win before a title shot. Colby doesn't really gain anything by beating Garry, but at least the pressers would probably be the most entertaining, otherwise a fight with JDM would be 1 spot away from each other in the rankings, and Brady/Garry are also 1 spot away in the rankings, and maybe Shavkat/Usman.

No one cares about Colby anymore, he's a boring and childish rank squatter. Garry has earned a higher ranked opponent sure, and there are plenty to choose from who aren't booked. Colby should go to the back of the line, and he's not elite. The press conference is the only reason to get excited about this fight. Stylistically this fight would most likely be boring no matter who wins.

The other issue is they'll probably give Colby another shot with a win. Colby should fight Brady or someone lower ranked. Garry can fight Shavkat, JDM, Usman, or Belial.

I embrace your hate of Covington

But his “ranking” is elite and a KO for Gary would give it to him.

I also think lots of people want to see this fight. I sure do.

Back