I think my wife is a racist

sweede

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello sherdoggers!

After a decade living in Thailand, it was time to move back to Sweden and be more close to my mother who is getting older and miss her son. My wife who is a Thai was not happy about leaving hers ofcource, but here we are and living in a city close to the bridge that connect us to Denmark.

Well. I am posting here, because its international and the alternatives forums in Sweden tend to be one-way internet racism only, and I dont have the desire to discuss this with my family or friends. So this is my hidden closet steam that needs to come out.

My wife is thai and what I noticed when I lived in Thailand is that the land of smile have an unhealthy habit of thinking out loud. As a swede I would say they are rude in many ways, but us swedes are also known for for beeing scared of confrontation and always seek a way out with proper and diplomatic dialog, that would be seen as time consuming and ineffective by others.

Anyway, during the time in Thailand I discovered that people in general are very racist. If its an underlying hatred of others beeing better, richer or having another religion I don´t know. But to be very sponge-bob about it, I would say they hate arabs, indi/paki and most negroids in general.

But living in Sweden has teached me a new side of my wife. She is very delicate in describing why she do not like certain kind of people. My wife is a buddist and by that she dont like muslims. She is a royalist and hate the thais living south of Surat thani, mainly because they are bombing. We have an ongoing debate in Sweden about Islam and what not, but for her its not particulary the word muslims that can make her blood boil. Its actually how the people practicing this religion look like.

People from pakistan look untrustworthy and lack any kind of charm and they look dirty. Somali people are just plain ugly with their long ghost face and body etc etc. And she hates the arabic beard.

That got me thinking. People who dont like islam in general. Is it becuase of the religion only or has it also something to do with how they look?

Answers appretiated

Last edited:
Are you black or a Muslim? If the answer is no, I don't see the problem.

A lot of South East Asian countries have identity politic problems...Not sure about thailand tho.

People will deny it, but a lot of the people who don't like muslims, are closet racist, like your wife...They simply don't like the way they look.

Your wife sounds really petty, I know you're swedish but I think you should challenge her views and call her on her racist bullshit.

Yes I found that people in that part of the world are quite racist against other types of dark skinned people.

Usually the darker they are the more they dislike them.

Everyone ( save a few ) has some racism in them. I'm Kurdish btw. Now there's always some nonsense about how white people are racist towards others. The truth is the rest of the world is no different. Ask a Thai, Arab, etc if they'd allow their daughters to marry a black man. Ask a Somali if they'd allow their own to marry someone from Congo. Ask Nigerians if they'd allow their women to marry a white man.

At least whites have some liberals that would be okay with the idea. liberal or conservative - there are some cultures out there it's not gonna happen.

Last edited:
I am not black and not a muslim.

The thing has really ecalated when we moved here. In Thailand it would blossom during bombings in Thailand or a terrorist attacks in Europe. That was it.

But living in this city where 20% of the population are muslims, but sounds like 80% in the daily life. She honestly thought Sweden was a muslim country. And she don´t like to live here. So yes, I have a problem with her because she is not happy and I feel bad for it.

Last edited:
I don't blame her. Muslims are the biggest slavers in history and it continues to the present. The only reason Thais weren't brutally massacred by Muslims is because they didn't get there in time. Instead millions upon millions of Indians were slaughtered.

People should fear and hate Islam. Her racism is well placed imo. I wouldn't want to live anywhere near them. Even traveling through a Muslim airport is annoying. They all look incredibly unhappy. Islam does nothing for the world.

I would live in Thailand over any Middle Eastern nation. The more Sweden lets them in the farther Sweden will fall.

Can't be true because only white people are racist. Also,

Somali people are just plain ugly with their long ghost face

<{MingNope}>

It doesn't really matter if your wife is a little bit racist.
You love her and she is unhappy. "Calling her on her racist bullshit" as has been suggested would be a dick move.
She made a massive sacrifice to leave everything behind and move across the planet so you could be with your mother... The least you could do is be understanding and as accomodating as possible.
She's a little rude. But her opinion is a minority one, and It's not like she's trying to burn people at the stake.

As to your question: there probably is a racial component to some of the revilement for islam, but i think the catastrophic consequences and far-reaching nature of extremism in the islamic world probably has more to do with it.

Hello sherdoggers!

After a decade living in Thailand, it was time to move back to Sweden and be more close to my mother who is getting older and miss her son. My wife who is a Thai was not happy about leaving hers ofcource, but here we are and living in a city close to the bridge that connect us to Denmark.

Well. I am posting here, because its international and the alternatives forums in Sweden tend to be one-way internet racism only, and I dont have the desire to discuss this with my family or friends. So this is my hidden closet steam that needs to come out.

My wife is thai and what I noticed when I lived in Thailand is that the land of smile have an unhealthy habit of thinking out loud. As a swede I would say they are rude in many ways, but us swedes are also known for for beeing scared of confrontation and always seek a way out with proper and diplomatic dialog, that would be seen as time consuming and ineffective by others.

Anyway, during the time in Thailand I discovered that people in general are very racist. If its an underlying hatred of others beeing better, richer or having another religion I don´t know. But to be very sponge-bob about it, I would say they hate arabs, indi/paki and most negroids in general.

But living in Sweden has teached me a new side of my wife. She is very delicate in describing why she do not like certain kind of people. My wife is a buddist and by that she dont like muslims. She is a royalist and hate the thais living south of Surat thani, mainly because they are bombing. We have an ongoing debate in Sweden about Islam and what not, but for her its not particulary the word muslims that can make her blood boil. Its actually how the people practicing this religion look like.

People from pakistan look untrustworthy and lack any kind of charm and they look dirty. Somali people are just plain ugly with their long ghost face and body etc etc. And she hates the arabic beard.

That got me thinking. People who dont like islam in general. Is it becuase of the religion only or has it also something to do with how they look?

Answers appretiated

That trait , of being blunt and saying out loud one's prejudiced feelings is the norm in the East. When i say "East" I mean everything from the MidEast to the FarEast. I can't comment on the Orient from a personal expereince but having lived in the MidEast for awhile , the majority of MidEastern and Asian (South Asian) people are racist and think like that. Having read lots of articles on East Asia, they too seem quite prejudiced. Asians are prejudiced against dark skinned people. Even ones who are 'brown' by Western standards are racist against people darker than them.

As for Muslims and Islam:
I dispise Islam but I don't hate Muslims per see. There is nothing wrong with dispising an ideology. Nobody will argue that it is wrong to dispise Japanese imperialism or fascism or colonialism. But if your express displeasure towards Islam - Muslims and their apologists in media and government started labelling you a racist, Islamophobe etc...Anyone who looks at what Muslims armies have done throughout history and what Islam teaches, has a dam good reason to hate Islam.

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter if your wife is a little bit racist.
You love her and she is unhappy. "Calling her on her racist bullshit" as has been suggested would be a dick move.
She made a massive sacrifice to leave everything behind and move across the planet so you could be with your mother... The least you could do is be understanding and as accomodating as possible.
She's a little rude. But her opinion is a minority one, and It's not like she's trying to burn people at the stake.

As to your question: there probably is a racial component to some of the revilement for islam, but i think the catastrophic consequences and far-reaching nature of extremism in the islamic world probably has more to do with it.

This is how i feel. Thank you for your time

After a decade living in Thailand, it was time to move back to Sweden and be more close to my mother who is getting older and miss her son. My wife who is a Thai was not happy about leaving hers of course, but here we are and living in a city close to the bridge that connect us to Denmark.

That got me thinking. People who dont like Islam in general. Is it becuase of the religion only or has it also something to do with how they look?

I went through a similar situation when living in Brazil with my wife. She is from Brazil. We moved back to the United States after a few years in Brazil. You have to take into consideration cultural and religious differences. Thailand and Sweden are worlds apart as far as the culture. I think the racism you are referring to involves both a dislike for the religion and the way people look. Islam and Muslims have a culture of their own: Dress, food, language, tradition, etc. It can be offensive to others much like the western culture is offensive to Muslims. It goes both ways. The clash in culture and religion is what creates the racism in my opinion. Muslims, Christians, Buddhism, Jews, etc. A lot of folks have a hard time adapting to a new country and culture. Things are harder for your wife. Good luck.

A lot of South East Asian countries have identity politic problems...Not sure about thailand tho.

People will deny it, but a lot of the people who don't like muslims, are closet racist, like your wife...They simply don't like the way they look.

Your wife sounds really petty, I know you're swedish but I think you should challenge her views and call her on her racist bullshit.

How are the racist? Muslims in South East Asia look like their Buddhist counterparts in the same regions. It would only be racist if the people who don't like Muslims also don't like non-Muslims of the same ethnicities.

I am not black and not a muslim.

The thing has really ecalated when we moved here. In Thailand it would blossom during bombings in Thailand or a terrorist attacks in Europe. That was it.

But living in this city where 20% of the population are muslims, but sounds like 80% in the daily life. She honestly thought Sweden was a muslim country. And she don´t like to live here. So yes, I have a problem with her because she is not happy and I feel bad for it.
Most people in the world are like your wife. They have dislike for people from different religions/races. I have come across so many people who has dislike for others and it always come down to thinking you are superior. I work with an indian lady who seems reasonable person. Until one day she was asked what would happen if her daughter brought home a pakistani guy. Said that would never happen and they would never accept. I seen africans and Caribbeans hate and look down at each other. Im sure your wife would treat any muslim person she encounters decently. But make no mistake she is part of the 90% of human race with her way of not liking certain people different from her.

Those are malays, not thais. I doubt Thailand are willing to cede Southern Thailand to Malaysia. The majority of thai malays prefer Thailand from my understanding, but there will always be some radical dickheads stirring up shit.

Personally I'm not racist so I can't really speak on this.

I don't like shitty people of any race. If you're a shitty person, I don't like you. Now that being said, in certain areas, there can be lots of shitty people from one particular race. That can vary from area to area. Something that promotes racism is when one race has way too many bad apples & people start to judge the entire race based on the bad apples

Being racist is only racist when being racist otherwise it's not racist to be racist.

Back