I think Josh Barnett vs Brock would be a good fight. Agree?

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
2 guys that do "real" wrestling going at it. Should be fun. Also now that JDS is back. Brock and JDS were supposed to fight after their season of TUF but it never happened because Brock got sick. I think they want to hot shot Brock to a title shot though. So I think they give Brock, Ngannou. Or Ngannou and Black beast fight, the winner of that fight gets Brock for a title shot. Both Beast and ng have crap wrestling. Very beatable for Brock. They will keep people like Cain (if he ever comes back) and Werdum far away from Brock. Even Reem they will keep away from him.

Horrible matchup for Brock. Today there not many favourable matchups for him. I don’t think anyone is scared of him any longer

Barnett would break Lesnars arm off and use it to fish out that horseshoe stuck up his ass.

I'm sorry, but the experience differential in MMA between the two is just astronomical.

2 guys that do "real" wrestling going at it. Should be fun. Also now that JDS is back. Brock and JDS were supposed to fight after their season of TUF but it never happened because Brock got sick. I think they want to hot shot Brock to a title shot though. So I think they give Brock, Ngannou. Or Ngannou and Black beast fight, the winner of that fight gets Brock for a title shot. Both Beast and ng have crap wrestling. Very beatable for Brock. They will keep people like Cain (if he ever comes back) and Werdum far away from Brock. Even Reem they will keep away from him.

Josh has to do six months in the testing pool before he can fight anyone.

Lesnar has to serve out more than six months of his ban before he can fight anyone.

So while its all very lovely, the chances of either of them fighting in 2018 is slim..

I like that fight match up.

It's quite apparent matching Brock up against a heavy striker is a very big risk if you want Brock to win.

It's quite apparent matching Brock up against a heavy striker is a very big risk if you want Brock to win.
tenor.gif

And Barnett isn't risky?

I'd give better chances to Brock against Volkov or Lewis than Barnett assuming Josh isn't too old now (but so is Brock!)

Barnett would break Lesnars arm off and use it to fish out that horseshoe stuck up his ass.

I'm sorry, but the experience differential in MMA between the two is just astronomical.
You mean like the experience gap it was when Brock fought randy? Dumbass

I’d love to see JDS vs Lesnar

It would give me a stiffy

That's kind of a rough fight for Barnett. He's not exactly a Werdum bottom game type of guy - I would see him getting pounded out via GNP.

Brock needs to be matched against another big scary crazy dude - like the Ubereem fight, before he became Econoreem. Curtis Blaydes sounds like a fun one that would turn into a sloppy standup brawl. Ngannou could be good too.

And Barnett isn't risky?

I'd give better chances to Brock against Volkov or Lewis than Barnett assuming Josh isn't too old now (but so is Brock!)

I give Josh a great chance of winning a fight against Brock. Though I highly doubt the UFC is looking in that direction.

But your spending the money on Brock fighting I don't think its a good ideal to put him in there against a guy like Francis for example. Brock curling up in the corner isn't a good look from a business stand point. Brock losing but being submitted in a competitive fight comes off much better.

Barnett has leglocks off his back, which Mir got a green Brock with, but not much else (see DC and CC fights). Winnable stylistic fight for Brock, the one area he excels in has given Barnett problems in the past, even though Barnett's obviously way more skilled.

Brock gave up on striking a long time ago, and that's the only place I see Barnett really troubling him.

If they fought, I think it might look a bit like Hendricks v. Lawler II, only if Hendricks actually completed the takedowns instead of just fence-stalling.

Back