I think Jones would beat Prime Fedor and heres why

I think Fedor would win the stand up, but he would probably go for the clinch, And trip Jones, And on the ground it would be pretty one sided...

Jones and trips

throws_slams_Jon_Jones_Trips_Rashad_Evans_UFC_145.gif
tumblr_mnvfpgOnaH1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

the clinch would be interesting.

Jones is great, And I think he would even do Ok at HW, but he is a bit slow, And far from the best striker Fedor has fought.

I think Fedor would win the stand up, but he would probably go for the clinch, And trip Jones, And on the ground it would be pretty one sided...
in terms of boxing, Jones isn't great but overall striking? Jon is worlds better than any of Fedor's opponents, he would kick the shit out of Fedor's body for 3 rounds soften him up with elbows and knees in the clinch then get an easy bodylock and finish by elbows in the 4th.
Fedor's a brawler at best, cormier is better than him in every aspect and look what juiced up jones did to him.

I dunno.

I see Fedor doing a hand trap on a Jones eye poke/gauging distance attempt and launching himself at Bones to close distance like how he did against Sylvia.

Yes, athletes cut weight not to get a competitive advantage, but to fight harder opponents. Why did no one let Rampage, Shogun, Shad, Glover know this simple truth

Makes sense. <Lmaoo>
In a general sense your right but we’re talking about a unique era and fighter situation for this instance the tougher fights for fedor was the lighter guys

I dunno.

I see Fedor doing a hand trap on a Jones eye poke/gauging distance attempt and launching himself at Bones to close distance like how he did against Sylvia.
No offense to silvia but Jones isn't an oversized, slow bum with CTE. Whether the ruleset, steroids, ring or cage Jones kills Fedor at any age.

No offense to silvia but Jones isn't an oversized, slow bum with CTE. Whether the ruleset, steroids, ring or cage Jones kills Fedor at any age.

Is that why Jones has been fighting at heavyweight throughout his career? Because he's a killer? Why not use that speed to his advantage at his natural weight class?

It would be easier to tell if Jones did not fight smaller men for 95% of his career and ducked HW.

First good long, reachy fighter he faces (Gus) and he manages to look very human indeed. Hmmmm.
I wonder why Gus didn't go up and fight at HW instead of fighting people smaller than him? You know since he is bigger than Jones. So Gus gets a pass right?

Save that size BS, its the most played out excuse.

Is that why Jones has been fighting at heavyweight throughout his career? Because he's a killer? Why not use that speed to his advantage at his natural weight class?
Jones cuts from 215 a far cry from real HW’s, but even though he’s down 20 pounds he’d still kill Fedor pretty casually. Fedor’s such a killer right thats why he fought real competition in the UFC rather than cans in affliction,pride and rizin? Oh wait.

Jon Jones is a lot stronger than Fedor, see their fight with Chael Sonnen

It would be easier to tell if Jones did not fight smaller men for 95% of his career and ducked HW.

First good long, reachy fighter he faces (Gus) and he manages to look very human indeed. Hmmmm.
Ducked heavyweight? Lightheavyweight is his natural weight class. He's a tall skinny guy with a slim rib cage and started his carreer walking around at 219 pounds.

I wonder why Gus didn't go up and fight at HW instead of fighting people smaller than him? You know since he is bigger than Jones. So Gus gets a pass right?

Save that size BS, its the most played out excuse.
They don't want to hear that though.

Prime Fedor wasnt known for classic haymakers, thats what he does after his prime. Prime Fedor was known for mixing up TDs and strikes.

Prime Fedor wasnt known for classic haymakers, thats what he does after his prime. Prime Fedor was known for mixing up TDs and strikes.
True but he was only succesful at that against complete bums or one-dimensional guy’s like crocop.

They don't want to hear that though.
Did everyone forget that Jon Jones already fought all the 6'3" 6'4" light heavyweights like Bonnar and Brandon Vera early in his UFC carreer, those guys just weren't good enough to beat the likes of Rampage Rashad Lyoto and Shogun. It's not Jon Jones fault, he was the only one with enough talent and skill to beat world champions 3 years into his career at the tender age of 23/24.

Did everyone forget that Jon Jones already fought all the 6'3" 6'4" light heavyweights like Bonnar and Brandon Vera early in his UFC carreer, those guys just weren't good enough to beat the likes of Rampage Rashad Lyoto and Shogun. It's not Jon Jones fault, he was the only one with enough talent and skill to beat world champions 3 years into his career at the tender age of 23/24.
Well Jones has been on Steroids his whole career but Fedor’s likely been on more so this is a very fair fight.

True but he was only succesful at that against complete bums or one-dimensional guy’s like crocop.
Prides HWs were much better than the current UFC HWs. Nog and CC were well rounded fighters.

Back