I signed up for an Amazon Visa

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I saw it on the website as I was checking out.

You get $70 discount, 5% cash back on all Amazon purchases.

Do you guys have one? I purchase about $1000-2000 stuff on Amazon a year

Yes, buy off amazon all the time. Always using those rewards points.

I saw it on the website as I was checking out.

You get $70 discount, 5% cash back on all Amazon purchases.

Do you guys have one? I purchase about $1000-2000 stuff on Amazon a year

I have the card and the store card to get the credits.

i use mileage rewards cards and then get free flights for my vacations

Yep, only did it for the free gift card. As long as you're diligent about making sure they're not getting hacked and not an idiot when it comes to money, you can make a nice little sum from credit card welcome offers. I've probably made around $1,000 in the past year from them.

Yep, only did it for the free gift card. As long as you're diligent about making sure they're not getting hacked and not an idiot when it comes to money, you can make a nice little sum from credit card welcome offers. I've probably made around $1,000 in the past year from them.

They ding your credit score though. I hope you're not applying for a loan anytime soon.

I have the Amazon card too.

I just pay cash for everything.
credit rating is 803 as of yesterday

How is it that high without using credit?

All I use is a credit card and mine is slightly higher. It's free money with the credit card rewards people are pissing away.

I have multiple credit accounts with zero balances or ones I pay off completely at the end of the month.
Credit rating is all about outstanding debt, available credit and credit history.

Not to mention, I'm on my fourth house and I've paid every mortgage off before it was due.

They ding your credit score though. I hope you're not applying for a loan anytime soon.

Short term. It bounces back rather quickly.

I have multiple credit accounts with zero balances or ones I pay off completely at the end of the month.
Credit rating is all about outstanding debt, available credit and credit history.

Not to mention, I'm on my fourth house and I've paid every mortgage off before it was due.

@Revolver money

I have about 5 credit cards that I use depending on what I'm buying. I get points in order to get free flights and hotel rooms.

Short term. It bounces back rather quickly.

I agree for one inquiry, but for multiple, it'll ding your average length of time open per card which counts towards your rating.

I agree for one inquiry, but for multiple, it'll ding your average length of time open per card which counts towards your rating.
Yeah, aaoa takes a hit, but still not too big of a deal. Main thing is paying on time. No late payments. I'd recommend using one of those free credit monitoring programs to see your score and how different variables improve it.

Yeah, aaoa takes a hit, but still not too big of a deal. Main thing is paying on time. No late payments. I'd recommend using one of those free credit monitoring programs to see your score and how different variables improve it.

I do... I use Mint and Credit Karma. The only negative against my credit is the number of inquiries and the average length of time open.

I do... I use Mint and Credit Karma. The only negative against my credit is the number of inquiries and the average length of time open.
Which accounts for about 25% of your credit score. Getting more cards will increase your revolving utilization and total accounts, which adds up to about 40%.

I have about 5 credit cards that I use depending on what I'm buying. I get points in order to get free flights and hotel rooms.

Saving up points to get free stuff?

You sound poor as fuck

CrazyCouponLady.jpg

I prefer taking my yacht to flying and it would extremely embarrassing to be seen with a card that wasn't gold

Actually, applying for credit cards, using it and paying it in full monthly doesn't hurt your credit score. Even not using it won't hurt your credit score. I'm retired with only Social Security income of about $30,000/year and my credit score is 766. I used Credit Karma to file my taxes and I was surprised that my credit score was that high. I don't plan to ever take out a loan again and I haven't had one since 1992.

Back