I resent that the WWE needs someone to be "the guy"

Even when there was one guy sitting at the top of the food chain, there were at least one or two other people who also given that treatment.

Austin/Rock/HHH/Foley
Hogan/Savage/Andre
Cena/HHH/Orton

This isn't the highlander. The WWE has who-knows how many hours of programming every week. Why can't there be more than one top dog? Why is this their dogma?

The HHH treatment has been used on Reigns for 3 or 4 years. The HHH treatment is to push someone until he gets over. Pick a guy and do what they did with HHH in 1998-2000.
  • If his song isn't working, give him a new song. HHH's song changed 3 or 4 times in that period.
  • His gear changed more than once.
  • His hair changed more than once.
  • The way he cut promos changed.
  • More importantly, he hardly ever lost. Even when it didn't make sense for him to win, he didn't lose.
I remember Mick Foley telling a story about how Stephanie asked him what they can get Billy Gunn over. I was thinking "what should you do with Billy Gunn?. Act as if he is Triple H and go from there. Put him in a match and have him win. The next week put him in a match and have him win. Guess what happens the next week and the week afterwards.

Push Cesaro as if his John Cena. Pretend Ambrose is Austin in 1997 and go from there. So on and so forth. If he doesn't achieve the Cena level, oh well go back to the drawing board.

Billy Gunn was a can.

That's called an investment. Companies don't just blindly invest into people because sometimes it doesn't pay off. These guys are running a business and we don't always know what kinds of problems they might foresee with some of the guys that they hire on that may become a PR nightmare and have a negative impact on the business(e.g., drug addiction). They invest in guys that they feel will be loyal to the business, have a marketable look and can bring something to the table to work with whether it's wrestling ability or mic skills.

HHH married the bosses daughter and had backstage connections before then. I also feel like Vince gained some respect for HHH after he took the punishment for the curtain call and never went anywhere. I'm sure loyalty has a lot to do with who they decide to push.

Roman Reigns comes from a long line of Samoans that have worked for Vince's family and they've likely got a very good working relationship.

The Rock had the same connections as Reigns which got his foot in the door and made WWE willing to invest in him along with the fact that he was 6'5" Charismatic and athletic which Vince noted himself in a documentary on the WWE network. Once he found his footing there was no reason not to let him do his thing but he also came up with his own material. WWE didn't hand him anything but an opportunity. You've also got to remember that Austin was the top guy for a long time and the Rock didn't really get to be the top face until Austin was out of the picture due to injuries.

Austin is one of those guys who wasn't well connected but he got his foot in the door because of his wrestling ability and eventually got himself over because of his own personality. I actually don't feel like he falls into the category of "They gave him a bunch of different gimmicks to try to get him over". Austin actually told them that he wasn't happy with the ringmaster gimmick so they let him come up with his own thing. His wife at the time Debra actually gave him the idea for the name. They tried to give him the name "Fang McFrost". I think Austin is a better example of one of those guys who was just left out there on his own to find his way and he really got himself over. Sure the machine got behind him once they realized they could make some money off of him.

John Cena you've got to give credit to whether you like him or not. Yeah they pushed him to the moon but he's also a guy that doesn't have any connections and got the WWE to notice him on his own. Maybe most wrestlers who come with the total package are primadonnas and difficult to work with. I don't know, but they saw fit to put the company on this guys shoulders for over a decade. Not Randy Orton, the third generation superstar who came out of ovw at the same time as John Cena.
You asshats amaze me.

Don't you think paying them upwards of a million dollars if not more is already an investment?

This is why I blocked you.

I resent the fact the seem to like making "their guy," be as annoying and lame as possible.

Think about Reigns and all you guys saying they should turn him heel - WHY?

The fans will just cheer him then.

WWE is playing you guys like puppets with this whole gimmick and its great.

Think about Reigns and all you guys saying they should turn him heel - WHY?

The fans will just cheer him then.

WWE is playing you guys like puppets with this whole gimmick and its great.

But him being a face isn't entertaining, that's the problem.

But him being a face isn't entertaining, that's the problem.

Im not concerned with faces/heels these days - the guy has cool moves and good matches. He needs to be better on the mic or be like Goldberg..the silent but deadly gimmick

Im not concerned with faces/heels these days - the guy has cool moves and good matches. He needs to be better on the mic or be like Goldberg..the silent but deadly gimmick

I agree but they push him as their(And ours) beloved babyface. I don't understand at this point the argument against getting him away from that and being more entertaining which would be in the heel category.

Who cares if he gets cheered, he's been getting boo'd for 3 years well the company lies too our face and tells us we're cheering him. They've used footage of fans cheering for other wrestlers and making it look like they were cheering Roman.

This is sad on every level.

I agree but they push him as their(And ours) beloved babyface. I don't understand at this point the argument against getting him away from that and being more entertaining which would be in the heel category.

Who cares if he gets cheered, he's been getting boo'd for 3 years well the company lies too our face and tells us we're cheering him. They've used footage of fans cheering for other wrestlers and making it look like they were cheering Roman.

This is sad on every level.

What Im trying to explain is that this is a gimmick they are using to get guys like you all riled up.

Clearly its working lol

What Im trying to explain is that this is a gimmick they are using to get guys like you all riled up.

Clearly its working lol

No... It's not working because it's BORING. That's not real heat...

Record low ratings over and over and you're telling me it's working?? When people stop watching the product, how can you tell me it's working?

No... It's not working because it's BORING. That's not real heat...

Record low ratings over and over and you're telling me it's working??

lol I didnt say that - But they do this sort of shit ALL THE TIME for their own entertainment.

Vince does what he wants to entertain himself first - then the fans.

It took him so long to warm up to the ideas of DX and Stone Cold, but once he realized they were the keys to beat WCW he FINALLY jumped on board.

lol I didnt say that - But they do this sort of shit ALL THE TIME for their own entertainment.

Vince does what he wants to entertain himself first - then the fans.

It took him so long to warm up to the ideas of DX and Stone Cold, but once he realized they were the keys to beat WCW he FINALLY jumped on board.

The top guy of this company for 3 years has done nothing for ratings or network numbers. He's been getting the opposite response that they've been trying to get and using fake fan footage is proof of that and not proof of what you're saying, which is that they're trying to get people like me riled up.

Turn him, as long as they're still doing the bullshit face/heel crap, this is the only way to get some legit entertainment out of him. His push has made everybody else look like chumps.

I don't care if they turn him or not...just make the damn character entertaining. His ring work has never been the problem, but fix the friggin character.

The top guy of this company for 3 years has done nothing for ratings or network numbers. He's been getting the opposite response that they've been trying to get and using fake fan footage is proof of that and not proof of what you're saying, which is that they're trying to get people like me riled up.

Turn him, as long as they're still doing the bullshit face/heel crap, this is the only way to get some legit entertainment out of him. His push has made everybody else look like chumps.
Speaking from the WWE's perspective, they should not turn him if he sells a lot of merchandise. This is the reason Cena has never turned heel. They would lose a lot of money. Also the reason why I think this company is ran by morons. Rey-Rey sold just as much merchandise as Cena and they treated him like shit on television.

Speaking from the WWE's perspective, they should not turn him if he sells a lot of merchandise. This is the reason Cena has never turned heel. They would lose a lot of money. Also the reason why I think this company is ran by morons. Rey-Rey sold just as much merchandise as Cena and they treated him like shit on television.

Why does he sell a lot of merch? Could it be the fact that he's been the Superman of the WWE for 3 years now? Does anybody actually think that AJ wouldn't sell the most with not even half the push and booking that Roman has? Rollins?

Kids will buy who ever they push as their top guy, that doesn't mean they couldn't sell much more with a better suited top guy.

Back