I now know why gsp ducked Anderson, Cruz ducked fw, mm ducked Tj, Conor ducked Edgar

No one actually gave a damn about DJs record, Anderson fought the whos who of middleweight back then... Who the fuck did DJ beat
This same discussion happened with Silva back in the day--he cleared out the division and he was so much better than everyone else that there was lots of talk about how MW was weak and to prove how good he was he'd have to fight some LHW's or superfight GSP. Eventually he did fight a few LHW's. To me this is playing out in a similar way for DJ. If there was no DJ then the FLW division would probably look strong and competitive as the rest of the top-10 are pretty good and more evenly matched, just not in MM's league.

Interesting fact: In Silva's first 3 LHW fights his opponent tested positive (Irvin, Griffin, Bonnar).

This same discussion happened with Silva back in the day--he cleared out the division and he was so much better than everyone else that there was lots of talk about how MW was weak and to prove how good he was he'd have to fight some LHW's or superfight GSP. Eventually he did fight a few LHW's. To me this is playing out in a similar way for DJ. If there was no DJ then the FLW division would probably look strong and competitive as the rest of the top-10 are pretty good and more evenly matched, just not in MM's league.

Interesting fact: In Silva's first 3 LHW fights his opponent tested positive (Irvin, Griffin, Bonnar).

any1 remeber how some guys tried to defend rondas competition
{<jordan}

Fake news.
MM said he would fight TJ, but he would need guarantees. He either wanted TJ to take a fight at FLW to prove that he could make the weight, or he wanted the UFC to give him a money bonus /gurantee if TJ missed weight. They refused.
UFC could have made that fight happen, they chose not to
Not fake, MM was overstepping with worth. Making demands he knew the ufc wouldnt accept. Then got to fight rayborg

Nobody in the history of the UFC has ever ducked Frankie fuckin Edgar. Jesus.

Same discussion were made by noobs back in the day! Did u remember who the fuck Rich "Ace" Franklin was? He was thought to be unbeatable back in the days... And then Anderson not only destroyed him, he owned him

From his first title fight to near the end with Hendo (I'm not too impressed with his LHW fights cause Bonnar and Griffin were B level guys)... Only noobs will say those were nobody...

U look at DJ... Who's really a good FLW? All of them were BW rejects... Even DJ himself.... DJ looked so good because his competition was weak... But if DJ fights any of the top 5 BWs... He won't look so easy... Just wait until Cody go down and smash DJs ass, this is the same reason why DJ ducked Tillasnake

It is kind of funny when Conor was coming along the UFC did act like Frankie didn't exist.

Frankie would have been able to fight conor if he wasn't hurt when Aldo got hurt, not Conor's fault and despite that even when they picked mendes instead most agreed that it was tougher because he wasn't as chinny and had more power than edgar.

Also, lets be honest, Edgar could have fought if he really wanted to but said he was too "hurt"

Conor did not duck Edgar, Mighty Mouse had a point, GSP and Cruz were fighting in different weight classes then the fighters they supposedly "ducked".
MM indeed ducked TJ he wanted no part of a real fight for the record he wanted the gimme that was Ray Borg or any other 125 er.

Conor okayvhe,stepped up in weight to fight a person most at the time thought more dangerous in RDA.

Cruz n GSP ....... Anderson was a BIG middleweight too much of a,disadvantages and Cruz was never healthy to duck anyone.

Same discussion were made by noobs back in the day! Did u remember who the fuck Rich "Ace" Franklin was? He was thought to be unbeatable back in the days... And then Anderson not only destroyed him, he owned him

From his first title fight to near the end with Hendo (I'm not too impressed with his LHW fights cause Bonnar and Griffin were B level guys)... Only noobs will say those were nobody...

U look at DJ... Who's really a good FLW? All of them were BW rejects... Even DJ himself.... DJ looked so good because his competition was weak... But if DJ fights any of the top 5 BWs... He won't look so easy... Just wait until Cody go down and smash DJs ass, this is the same reason why DJ ducked Tillasnake
DJ fought at BW because there was no FLW.

Take away the MW division and force Silva to fight at LHW and it's doubtful he has the same career.

Not fake, MM was overstepping with worth. Making demands he knew the ufc wouldnt accept. Then got to fight rayborg
How is that an unreasonable demand?
If TJ doesn't make weight, you pay me.
If everyone was so sure that TJ could make the weight then it shouldn't of been a big deal.

Frankie would have been able to fight conor if he wasn't hurt when Aldo got hurt, not Conor's fault and despite that even when they picked mendes instead most agreed that it was tougher because he wasn't as chinny and had more power than edgar.

Also, lets be honest, Edgar could have fought if he really wanted to but said he was too "hurt"
Chad Mendes' losses by (T)KO, 3. Frankie's losses by (T)KO 0 and yet Frankie is more 'chinny'? I don't buy that for a split second and deep down you don't either. I also don't buy the fact that Chad has more power either. It was a matter of who favored Conor more and the answer was Chad and not because he was the tougher match up.

Chad Mendes' losses by (T)KO, 3. Frankie's losses by (T)KO 0 and yet Frankie is more 'chinny'? I don't buy that for a split second and deep down you don't either. I also don't buy the fact that Chad has more power either. It was a matter of who favored Conor more and the answer was Chad and not because he was the tougher match up.

Frankie turned down the fight because he was hurt

There is nothing to admit. You have a fanboy mentality, I just like the sport.

You nuthug Anderson all the time it's pathetic how hard you are trying to convince yourself otherwise

Conor: I have no problem making 145
Kavanagh: Conor can never make 145 again!
*fights Nate at 170 twice and then gets a shot at the 155 belt*

How convenient that he just happened to never fight Frankie.... o_O

Maybe if Frankie could ever beat Aldo, it would have happened

You're counting 2 fights that happened AFTER the Conor/Mendes fight was made? That's a new level of Shertard.

You're counting 2 fights that happened AFTER the Conor/Mendes fight was made? That's a new level of Shertard.
Did you have a point or were you just going to stick with the classic and throw a baseless insult over your computer?

Maybe not personally, but Dana and UFC wanted nothing to do with this match-up. Dana start leaving before Frankie's fights for crying out loud. <Lmaoo>

Because
1. it wouldn't draw much,
2. Conor wanted to move up anyway
3. Frankie would have be asleep in the first and Dana actually likes Frankie

Conor would knock Edgar into next week.

Maybe so, Conor was unwilling to take the chance. There is a reason conor hand picked chad who was filming hunting show over an ready Frankie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back