I never thought the UFC would need one fighter so bad but the need Conor

Conor loves to hear fans saying the UFC needs him. He doesn't have to say crap because they talking for him. Conor fighting would be the bandage wrap to a lot things that are ailing the UFC now. If they solve these other areas they'd realize they don't need Conor as much as people are saying. They are not about to do that right away if they do it at all. So they better get Conor back in the cage.

Where do I say JDS was a mediocre fighter? He posted a clip of Jose getting ko'd, I am just saying a rematch should have happened and it would have gone completely differently, much like Cain/JDS went quite diffrently in the rematch. Many feel Conor would have lost the rematch, I am saying he may not have lost, but I can guarentee it wouldn't be another 13 second knock out.
The argument started with a statement that Conor is apparently a mediocre fighter. The next post was that Jose would destroy him the second time.

I assumed JDS vs Cain was a proof of that.

They needed Shamroxk
They needed Tito
They needed Chuck
They needed Randy
They needed GSP
They needed Lesnar
They needed Rousey
They needed Jones
They needed McGregor

It's not that surprising, they have never had a pleathora of stars. They have always needed someone to save the day. Fading interest, too much content, too many fighters and divisions to follow etc. They are just not very good at promoting anyone that doesn't do the lion's share of promotion themselves and there aren't that many fighters that can do it
They don't typically do their job well, and they also have largely fostered a lot of drab, boring energy imo.

They play favorites and promote a couple people, ignore most others while we see creativity-killing uniforms and little air time, and most fighters seem to disappear for awhile after a fight, so they don't build much buzz. Plus there are too many fighters, and too many shows to reasonably expect people to know who all of these people are.

The presentation isn't exactly exciting either.

What are you talking about...If it's that serious.....pretend Conor doesn't exist then move forward as if he doesn't.

Stop worrying about how much money the UFC is making/could make and worry about the fights. If the UFC shrivels up and dies, fighters will just go to another promotion and they'll figure it out.

NFL has "armchair Quarter Backs" while the the UFC has "couch stakeholders", like you're getting PPV points and bonus vested stock shares.
This should be a thread. I've felt this way for years. Once, I said more fights should be 5 rds (instead of only championships), and all anybody could think of was that it would make the ppv longer, which would cost the UFC more.
{<huh}
I wouldn't give a fuck!

Of course, he's the best fighter ever.

Why would I fucking care who else is watching MMA? Conor is a Stain on the sport and society,the less of him the better.

Last edited:
Conor still sells t-shirts, hoodies and video games.

I don't care if you love or hate Conor he brought in eyes....Without him all the other fighters who were benefiting from all the extra coverage MMA was getting are all fading away. He is the only fighter besides Ronda to get love from the real sports media...... Say what you want he wasn't kidding when he said I am the UFC right now.
I never thought one TS would need third grade english so badly but the need hooked on phonics.

Conor is a mediocre fighter who got special treatment by the ufc. They made him and they will live without him

UFC gold in two weight classes = mediocre now?

I get it - he's an ass - but this is a ridiculous statement.

from millions of ppv to ufc only doing85k ppv buys

I don't care if you love or hate Conor he brought in eyes....Without him all the other fighters who were benefiting from all the extra coverage MMA was getting are all fading away. He is the only fighter besides Ronda to get love from the real sports media...... Say what you want he wasn't kidding when he said I am the UFC right now.
Shut up

Key words "right now". Every sport will have peaks and valleys, dude.

The UFC's current problem is that they pushed the celebrity of the sport with people like Conor and Ronda rather than pushing the sport and ALL the top people in the sport. The NFL has a regular season and a playoff to determine a REAL champion every year. The UFC went away from being a true sport and became more WWE style circus show oriented. Then Ronda gets beat up and Conor won't defend belts or fight the top contenders within reasonable time frames thus fucking up the careers and earning power of the other fighters in his division. The UFC created the Frankenstein McNugget monster who was choked out not that long ago by journeyman Nate Diaz on 10 days notice...I hope Bellator keeps moving forward so the UFC has serious competition to get their house in order or lose their ranking as the #1 MMA organization. Scott Coker knows what he is doing, so it could happen over time...

JDS also knocked out Cain in the first.

Now, I am not saying Conor would lose, but the fight would certainly go quite differently than a 13 second knock out.
Of course it go different but Aldo still a midget and knocking out midgets is Conor's speciality.

JDS also knocked out Cain in the first.

Now, I am not saying Conor would lose, but the fight would certainly go quite differently than a 13 second knock out.

Well....you cant get much better than that. Also, Conor would destroy Aldo again in 2. Like Alvarez.

I just want the dude to fight again. I think he's coming for the pull out wrestler in the fall. Mr. "I decisioned #11 and ask ppl to give up".

Boring ass fighter.

Of course they need him. MMA needs him. He is the biggest star of all time. But the UFC horribly mishandled him. He does not get to leave and make 100 million dollars. Duh. They created this whole mess..

They may need him,but true fight fans couldn't care less ...
Give me top ranked fighters fighting one another and I'm tuning in.
I also don't mind the odd superfight. not a big fan of holding divisions up but I get it. Even the odd one off; randy vs toney I'm tuning in.
Not one fighter should have so much clout . bunch of bs, with NO fighting !

Q57JW_s-200x150.gif

Back