I miss real pure vale tudo

Its a matter of average quality. The insane oversaturation nowadays brings that down dramatically. Of course theres plenty of good shit around still, but overall a hardcore MMA fan these days has to invest way more time for less return. Like half of the UFCs cards these days run out of the fucking Apex, lets not act like we are in a golden era.
Things arent perfect sure,but they werent perfect then neither, and if you dont like a card,dont gotta watch it.

Better than their hardly being any cards or not enough of em,and thats just bein real.

King of the Streets should still be around, there you have a concrete floor on top of no rules and bare knuckle...

Things arent perfect sure,but they werent perfect the neither, and if you dont like a card,dont gotta watch it.

Better than their hardly being any cards or not enough of em,and thats just bein real.

Well I definitely dont consider the 90s the peak, personally. Overall it was probably worse than today. The mid 00s through early 10s had the best middle ground of everything overall.

It sucks to say it but the sport probably has peaked already. Still plenty of good shit like I said, but we will never get that feeling of almost every card being special again, never again have the feeling that MMA is gonna be huge someday (the Brock/TUF boom and Conor boom are as big as it gets) and on a technical and athletic development level I think we're already pretty much at the ceiling and have been for a while.

Well I definitely dont consider the 90s the peak, personally. Overall it was probably worse than today. The mid 00s through early 10s had the best middle ground of everything overall.

It sucks to say it but the sport probably has peaked already. Still plenty of good shit like I said, but we will never get that feeling of almost every card being special again, never again have the feeling that MMA is gonna be huge someday (the Brock/TUF boom and Conor boom are as big as it gets) and on a technical and athletic development level I think we're already pretty much at the ceiling and have been for a while.
...because your older,and naturally enthusiasm wanes,no matter how good it is.

...because your older,and naturally enthusiasm wanes,no matter how good it is.

I'm sure thats part of it, but then there are objective things like the ratio of skippable cards, the higher rate of decisions, the level of star power etc.

I'm sure thats part of it, but then there are objective things like the ratio of skippable cards, the higher rate of decisions, the level of star power etc.
Dont care about star power or finishes just good fights.

It's funny cos Dirty Bob,a notorious street brawler,seemed geniunely sorry that he did it,but its like....well then wtf you did it for hahahahah

"i am sorry i tried to put you in a coma dude"

At least he seemed legit sorry. Unlike Pele,fuckin asshole.

Branko Citakic was more like "look im fuckin nuts,ok!?!?"

Lol. Sounds exactly like him. He's bit of a strange one, but ultimately not a bad guy or at least not anymore. Also, he wasn't the right coach for Struve. Lol. Such a shame.

Back