I miss real pure vale tudo

Vale tudo hasn't gone anywhere...u just need to look ..

Also Vale tudo isnt MMA ...

Wearing speedos and using headbutts and fighting 3-5 fights in an evening. That was real mma, today most of the ufc fighters are fighting 1-2 fights per year and still complaining about money. Well if you are not Donald Cerrone you better go back to KFC or that UPS job.

Real Vale tudo

How wonderful and honest people back then.

Bruh, if you want to ogle men in speedos, there are places wheere that's still possible...

Pele was beyond savage.
I really dont like him. Dude was fighting Matsui and started dropping elbows on the guys spine. At least when Branko Cikatic tried to pull similar wack ass bullshit he at least had a real fear on what Kerr would do to him when he got taken down. Pele had the dudes back and just took fuckin liberties with the man's life. That's just a punk ass thing to do. He still wound up losing to Matsui anyway LOL. Not sure if the dude won any fights in Pride, he can go suck a dog's titty for all I care.

Poor Matsui also got axe kicked in the back of the head on the ground by Dirty Bob. Poor Matsui. It's amazing he didnt get paralyzed in either of these encounters

Poor Matsui also got axe kicked in the back of the head on the ground by Dirty Bob. Poor Matsui. It's amazing he didnt get paralyzed in either of these encounters
Real mean is always going for pure vale tudo like axe kicks.

I think they are legal standing up. But not when the guy is on the ground. Matsui was on all fours and dude tried to decapitate him with it

It's funny cos Dirty Bob,a notorious street brawler,seemed geniunely sorry that he did it,but its like....well then wtf you did it for hahahahah

"i am sorry i tried to put you in a coma dude"

At least he seemed legit sorry. Unlike Pele,fuckin asshole.

Branko Citakic was more like "look im fuckin nuts,ok!?!?"

Theres definitely a wild west frontier vibe about those days thats totally missing today.

Its ironic though because most fans back then dreamed of a time where it would develop into an established mainstream pro sport, and here we are....kind of boring isnt it?

I dont judge the entirety of current MMA on that one card,but you do you.

Its a matter of average quality. The insane oversaturation nowadays brings that down dramatically. Of course theres plenty of good shit around still, but overall a hardcore MMA fan these days has to invest way more time for less return. Like half of the UFCs cards these days run out of the fucking Apex, lets not act like we are in a golden era.

Back