I miss Palhares. We were harsh on him. (Gifs inside)

Fuck that. Guys got issues and its clear he cant stop himself. And yeah its a shame cos hes so fun to watch.
Got any proof. He probably took 3 seconds max to let go which is reasonable when you are pumped.

Do you cry over the Dan Bisping bomb?

Nope. He is at least mildly retarded and I mean that literally. Whenever The Special Olympics gets MMA he should dominate, but he doesn't understand the rules and cranks with full retard strength. Keep Lenny away from normal people.

You need a new bag girlfriend

Bye Felisha

Palhares is much more of a mentally handicapped person than a psycho.
Ref needs a shock baton to make him let go.

He has been banned/suspended by two MMA orgs. He tried to blind Jake. NO.

That guy made me so frustrated. He had a style that was unique and exciting and devestating. I just wish he could have gotten his head on straight. The dude submitted some tough guys....Salaverry, Shields, Fitch. 15 of 18 wins by submission. Amazing to watch. But he either can't or won't help himself. Plus it's clear the dude wouldn't pass any legit USADA test. Even juiced up bodybuilders don't look as jacked as that guy.

i dunno how anyone can defend someone who refuses to stop doing when we can see every other fighter totally capable of letting go of a hold when the ref tells them to.

Nope. He is at least mildly retarded and I mean that literally. Whenever The Special Olympics gets MMA he should dominate, but he doesn't understand the rules and cranks with full retard strength. Keep Lenny away from normal people.
I literally laughed out loud at this comment.

I fucking loved Palhares. I never liked him getting the boot, but I can understand it. Still, I wish he was back.

Also, people used to say he was simple minded and stupid, who cares .. he's a fighter, he hurt people for a living, he wasn't in charge of building the space armada that was going to save the human race.

I loved his style too. One of my favorite fighters. And yes, he's a fighter and fighters are in there trying to hurt people. However they are trying to hurt people within the rules and during the timeframe of the fight. This isn't ancient gladiator games to the death. MMA is a sport not necessarily a fight there is a huge difference. There needs to be rules and respect and if one guy says he's done fighting by tapping out then the sport/fight is over.

I loved his style too. One of my favorite fighters. And yes, he's a fighter and fighters are in there trying to hurt people. However they are trying to hurt people within the rules and during the timeframe of the fight. This isn't ancient gladiator games to the death. MMA is a sport not necessarily a fight there is a huge difference. There needs to be rules and respect and if one guy says he's done fighting by tapping out then the sport/fight is over.

I mean it doesnt even give him any advantage,doing this. The fights over,he won,why dont he just let the hold go like everyone else? Its not even cheating at that point,its being an asshole.

No thanks, if he actually did do permanent damage and ended someones career, everyone would be blasting the commission for not seeing the writing on the wall earlier.

Leave him suspended, he doesn't belong in any cage or ring.

Paul Harris has mental issues

but hes a monster. I wouldn't enter the cage with him

I loved watching him fight. Stylistically, maybe my favorite fighter to watch. Also, what made his fights incredibly unique was knowing that he is an immature sociopath who is trusted to control his own freak tank body.

The reality: He's too dangerous to be trusted with others' limbs. I think he is mentally/emotionally unstable. I know he had an incredibly rough upbringing and never matured normally. That doesn't excuse his actions, though.

He is a serious threat to every leg in the WW division; his livelihood will have to suffer. I'm glad he was treated like a cancer to the WW division and removed from the mma world.

Totally,there is this tyson esque danger factor because of his ability to break limbs ,but then,when he actually does it,i react with anger,not appplause. Imagine how cool it would be if he had just beat shields without all that shit. It woulda been awesome and maybe he could have gone back to the ufc. He is doing to a disservice to his employers,his trainers,and his fans.

Palhares is like the real life Incredible Hulk jr. I remember showing one of his fights to this guy I used to work with from Brazil. He said that Palhares speaks like a full blown retard. Doesnt really make sense at all.

Maybe you are right. I am not neutral when Shields is in the play. He plays dirty himself and is such a hypocrite.

Na thats too easy on him. Look at his bjj matches. He tried to seriously injure people on purpose with career ending illegal attacks.

example?

I actually agree. I've always said he's just a big dumb animal. I'm sure he doesn't want to intentionally ruin his career. He just can't figure it out. It doesn't stop him from getting disciplined but fans were acting as if he did all of this out of malice b/c he's "evil" or something, he's just really not all there it seems like. That extremely early celebration proves that much lol.

Back