I miss Palhares. We were harsh on him. (Gifs inside)

steroids, intentionally holding onto submissions, eye-gouging

yeah no thanks

fuck Rousimar Palhares

lombard+palhares2.gif
Lombard has the biggest ass in mma.

no, nobody was harsh on him. he has done the same shit over and over again. I like his fight style, but you can't tolerate that kind of behaviour. we're not talking about something harmless like positive tests for weed, but repeateadly injurying opponents. you can't allow that.

In hindsight i think the refs should have jumped in faster. The fight does not end when the guy starts tapping but when the ref jumps in, even then there should be a second or two leway because of the adrenalin and emotion.

If "adrenaline and emotion" are really valid excuses, why is there only one well-known fighter who has any trouble letting go of a submission when the fight is over?

Paul Harris is the reason why officials should have tazers.

Beat Fitch and Shield by sub

Deal with it

Palhares is a retard who held subs too long in th past but not in this fight. Shields was the ass in that fight. Eye gouging and then crying to the ref about eye gouges from Palhares and punching after being submitted. Shields has a history with that behaviour but got away because it was "evil" Palhares.

huge fan, think his banning is insanity. "kill that guy! but if you take an entire second to go from kill to chill, youre a monster!! but only if you have a joint lock, not if youre punching."

Nope, dude's a danger inside the octagon. Someone who can't control himself doesn't get to compete.

Hes an animal and not in the good sense of the word. Its like trying to stop a lion from mauling a deer. Once it starts there is no stopping it. Hes a danger to everyone atound him.

Great sub fighter but he's as bright as an apple

Just look at Shield's eyes in that Gif FFS. I know that WSOF or w/e, but the only fights I'd want to see Palhares in are against Yoel Romero, Hector Lombard, John Jones, Checik Congo, or Travis Browne.

steroids, intentionally holding onto submissions, eye-gouging

yeah no thanks

fuck Rousimar Palhares

lombard+palhares2.gif
good old sherdog,you post a gif of a guy put out by lombard, a guy who has been busted for roids and broke someones leg. pure genius.

good old sherdog,you post a gif of a guy put out by lombard, a guy who has been busted for roids and broke someones leg. pure genius.
Sounds like he's getting a taste of his own medicine :)

I've seen a lot of fighters put their hands near their opponents eyes since that fight. No one accused any of them of trying to gouge. Yet 99% of Sherdoggers were 100% convinced that Palhares was gouging eyes even though none of them could provide any evidence of the claim. Even the athletic commissions ignored the "supposed gouges"

How many of those people have called for Jon Jones to be banned for life... why? Jon purposefully tries to injure people.

I also think people have been too hard on him.

It's not Palhares' fault that fighters fake tap. He has to hold the subs until the refs stop him. Also refs have fake-stopped-fights before and then allowed them to continue. Palhares is just protecting his ass.

Cranking a leglock is dangerous, there should be a rule that the fighters stop when their opponent taps, but instead they have to wait for the referee to run over and stop it. No one accuses refs or athletic commissions of ruining lives, only Palhares. He takes an extra second, the ref takes an extra second or two. Why not just have a ref outside of the ring who can ring a bell to stop the fight when he see's a tap?

Tons of fighters throw extra punches after their opponent is out, and no one cares. Hold a sub though and you're a monster.

Palhares has problems, but I think the mob got carried away here, he's not an asshole or a psychopath or anything like that, he's just sick of people fake-tapping, and shitty refs. There is no rule against cranking hard, and it's not Palhares choice to have to wait for the ref to stop the fight.

Last edited:
No... He doesn't deserve another chance at all, fuck him.
He's had many, not including eye gouging and others.
plus he's a bully fighter, when someone stands up to him he has nothing, hector/belcher.

Just look at Shield's eyes in that Gif FFS. I know that WSOF or w/e, but the only fights I'd want to see Palhares in are against Yoel Romero, Hector Lombard, John Jones, Checik Congo, or Travis Browne.

Maybe you are right. I am not neutral when Shields is in the play. He plays dirty himself and is such a hypocrite.

Palhares has problems, but I think the mob got carried away here, he's not an asshole or a psychopath or anything like that, he's just sick of people fake-tapping, and shitty refs. There is no rule against cranking hard, and it's not Palhares choice to have to wait for the ref to stop the fight.

Na thats too easy on him. Look at his bjj matches. He tried to seriously injure people on purpose with career ending illegal attacks.

Nope. He is at least mildly retarded and I mean that literally. Whenever The Special Olympics gets MMA he should dominate, but he doesn't understand the rules and cranks with full retard strength. Keep Lenny away from normal people.

lennie.jpg

Back