XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Kinda tough technique to pull off. But its impressive when someone is able to

Here at 1:23 (timestamped) Vitali does one to Lennox

Cotto does a nice one to Mayweather up against the ropes. Timestamped

And here is how wrong it can go....

Too lazy to find the Willie Pep triple jab. Also Pernell Whitaker.

giphy.gif

8DACTQI.gif

Vitali actually threw the even more infamous Quad-jab in that first clip.

Barrera schools an inferior version of Vic Darchinyan

n2XG_D.gif

Carl Frampton actually has the best triple jab I've seen but I cant find any gif of it

Barrera schools an inferior version of Vic Darchinyan

n2XG_D.gif

Carl Frampton actually has the best triple jab I've seen but I cant find any gif of it
You're thinking of Artem Dalakian, not Naz

When sparring I like using the triple jab. High level guys can counter but I don't spar high level guys. There is something about how it closes the range that is really useful. Also there are lots of variation in the tempo you can apply. You let the first two expose an opening and sort of dial in the last one and since you have closed the distance it can really have some power to it. I'll even start a round with it, as it always seems to surprise people.

Jersey Joe Walcott used to double, triple, quadruple, and even quintuple up on the jab.

When sparring I like using the triple jab. High level guys can counter but I don't spar high level guys. There is something about how it closes the range that is really useful. Also there are lots of variation in the tempo you can apply. You let the first two expose an opening and sort of dial in the last one and since you have closed the distance it can really have some power to it. I'll even start a round with it, as it always seems to surprise people.

Yeah I rarely throw a triple jab as i normally get countered to fck

Not a good technique for me, my jab is my worst weapon due to my build.

Good for people with a long reach but only as long as your moving circular as your doing it, it gives you a good angle for a right hand.

Good for people with a long reach but only as long as your moving circular as your doing it, it gives you a good angle for a right hand.
Not to be too confrontational but Qawi had a great jab and he is the opposite of what most people woolly expect for a jabbing build

Yeah I rarely throw a triple jab as i normally get countered to fck

That's why I mention tempo. You should "never" just decide that you're going to throw three jabs no matter what. Rather it should be more of a single jab combined with a double jab. For example do a double jab and really be alert to go for the third if an opening presents itself, or alternatively do a single jab and then follow on with a double if that makes sense.

Not to be too confrontational but Qawi had a great jab and he is the opposite of what most people woolly expect for a jabbing build

True ........ but I'm not Qawi.

Its not really a debate either because in actual competition its the only punch that I get the worst of it in exchanges, I'm not a mid range fighter either, so the whole situation puts me at a disadvantage.

Also I have to state, Qawi is the exception to the rule not the norm.

im stocky build and my jab is my best punch. carl frampton is short with short arms for his size too. you can definitely get better at it mate

When sparring I like using the triple jab. High level guys can counter but I don't spar high level guys. There is something about how it closes tlearn range that is really useful. Also there are lots of variation in the tempo you can apply. You let the first two expose an opening and sort of dial in the last one and since you have closed the distance it can really have some power to it. I'll even start a round with it, as it always seems to surprise people.

Just learn the counter and set traps against the higher level guys who are countering your triple jabs, make them throw the counter punch and when you throw your triple jabs and use their counters against them and start fainting those jabs and mix up your attack with different high low jabs a counter punches.

Throw a single jab, then faint a double jab wait for his counter and slip his counter punches and attack his openings he's giving you, then next time just throw your triple jabs, but mix them up high low attacks.

Just develop a strong power jab like Mike Tyson, moving your opponents backwards and doing damage, then a body attack and right hand hooks.

But you have to get inside to land these punches and not just keep a distance especially if your a smaller fighter, there's no way in hell your beating a bigger opponent being a smaller fighter just trying to outbox someone on the outside, this is the biggest mistake smaller fighters make, your going to have to power jab your way to the inside and let your hands go and Mike Tyson someone.

Watch Joe Frazier against Ali, smaller man vs a bigger man and winning a fight on the inside in his chest.

Back