I like when guys use the triple jab

That's why I mention tempo. You should "never" just decide that you're going to throw three jabs no matter what. Rather it should be more of a single jab combined with a double jab. For example do a double jab and really be alert to go for the third if an opening presents itself, or alternatively do a single jab and then follow on with a double if that makes sense.

Yeah fair point. I’ve been boxing long enough to know what does and doesn’t work for me, so tend to stick with that

hector camacho used some nice ones in the rafael williams fight, 4th and 5th round, macho was almost always shorter than his opponents and his jab worked fine. Tyson used a nice tripe jab against tubbs in the first round.

Just develop a strong power jab like Mike Tyson, moving your opponents backwards and doing damage, then a body attack and right hand hooks.

But you have to get inside to land these punches and not just keep a distance especially if your a smaller fighter, there's no way in hell your beating a bigger opponent being a smaller fighter just trying to outbox someone on the outside, this is the biggest mistake smaller fighters make, your going to have to power jab your way to the inside and let your hands go and Mike Tyson someone.

Watch Joe Frazier against Ali, smaller man vs a bigger man and winning a fight on the inside in his chest.

I am a short and stocky, but the jab is my best weapon. Not even just a power jab, I throw every type of jab, and in volume.

Barrera schools an inferior version of Vic Darchinyan

n2XG_D.gif

Carl Frampton actually has the best triple jab I've seen but I cant find any gif of it
Probably my favorite right here

Just develop a strong power jab like Mike Tyson, moving your opponents backwards and doing damage, then a body attack and right hand hooks.

But you have to get inside to land these punches and not just keep a distance especially if your a smaller fighter, there's no way in hell your beating a bigger opponent being a smaller fighter just trying to outbox someone on the outside, this is the biggest mistake smaller fighters make, your going to have to power jab your way to the inside and let your hands go and Mike Tyson someone.

Watch Joe Frazier against Ali, smaller man vs a bigger man and winning a fight on the inside in his chest.

I know how to box mate, I won all my matches.

What your describing is a left punch not a jab, its something I do, but standing off landing jabs is not good for me.

im stocky build and my jab is my best punch. carl frampton is short with short arms for his size too. you can definitely get better at it mate

Yeah but what's your reach?

Most of the guys I fought either had a longer reach or had quicker hands, its not good to stand in mid range in that situation, there's no benefit unless you fancy getting beat to the punch.

So its not a case of me getting better, its case of having a natural disadvantage.

Its also why I never lost, I play to my strengths, not my opponents.

Yeah but what's your reach?

Most of the guys I fought either had a longer reach or had quicker hands, its not good to stand in mid range in that situation, there's no benefit unless you fancy getting beat to the punch.

So its not a case of me getting better, its case of having a natural disadvantage.

Its also why I never lost, I play to my strengths, not my opponents.

Im the same boat, I usually have the shorter reach but I can compensate by usually having a better jab/quicker hands. If you're having success with the way you fight I wasnt suggesting otherwise- I was merely saying youre capable of practising it and it becoming useful to you.

A little off-topic, but here’s my favorite part of Lomachenko-Rigondeaux: the triple uppercut:

9b.gif

Back