I know this sounds like clickbait. But MMA fighters need to stay in their lane.

Only fight I saw was him kneeing a guy in the back, and winning, but it being turned over because he kneed him in the back.
So much for "real fighting".
Guy got kneed in the back and rolled around like a sack of shit like he got shot.
Jeremy Williams 5-0.
Let's talk about that.

Well in his other three fights he went 0-3 lmao. Jeremy Williams fought all scrubs with losing records. Let’s talk about it.

It is time to remind people that Kimbo went undefeated in HW boxing after his MMA career fizzled out.

RIP :(

If you don’t think Pettis is shot then I don’t know what to tell you. Stephens has only fought other MMA fighters in boxing and is beyond shot as well. Aldo has only fought Stephens and some boxer I’ve never heard of and is returning to the UFC.
I said that Pettis wasn't considered old as far as his age. He was past it but not like the boxers mentioned earlier that crossed over to MMA. I just named a few guys that definitely weren't shot or old when they started boxing. Strangely you've ignored them.

It is time to remind people that Kimbo went undefeated in HW boxing after his MMA career fizzled out.

RIP :(
Kimbo was 7-0 in boxing but look at his level of opposition. Only one of his opponents even had a winning record. They had a combined record of 16-19.

I said that Pettis wasn't considered old as far as his age. He was past it but not like the boxers mentioned earlier that crossed over to MMA. I just named a few guys that definitely weren't shot or old when they started boxing. Strangely you've ignored them.

Okay I’ll play along.

-Jeremy Stephens was absolutely shot. In his last 10 MMA fights he’s 2-7-0, 1 NC with one of those wins coming against Myles Price who’s a subpar opponent.

-Jose Aldo is past it as well but is 2-0 in boxing but one of those opponents is Stephens.

-Tim Hague wasn’t even that good of an MMA fighter in addition to being shot. His UFC record was 1-4. He’d lost 4 out of his last 5 with all losses coming via knockout when his boxing career really started. He did win his debut in 2011 but then didn’t box again until 2016.

Last edited:
Okay I’ll play along.

-Jeremy Stephens was absolutely shot. In his last 10 MMA fights he’s 2-7-0, 1 NC with one of those wins coming against Myles Price who’s a subpar opponent.

-Jose Aldo is past it as well but is 2-0 in boxing but one of those opponents is Stephens.

-Tim Hague wasn’t even that good of an MMA fighter in addition to being shot. His UFC record was 1-4. He’d lost 4 out of his last 5 with all losses coming via knockout when his boxing career really started. He did win his debut in 2011 but then didn’t box again until 2016.
Now do Collard, Moraga and McGregor. Collard, for example, thus far has done better in MMA than in boxing and he's neither old nor shot. He was just never very good at either.

Clay Collard: 9-6 in boxing with 0 top level wins | 24-12 in MMA with a top level win in the UFC over Alex White.

Tim Hague: 1-3 in boxing with 0 top level wins | 21-13 in MMA with a top level win in the UFC over Pat Barry.

John Moraga: 1-3 in boxing with 0 top level wins | 17-8 in MMA with 8 top level wins in the UFC.

Fights can be stopped for a variety of reasons. Usyk has a huge advantage in skill, speed, and accuracy. For a heavyweight he's also a slick southpaw that has the best chin and gas tank in the division.

Yet with all those advantages he still doesn't have a single proper knockout in the HW division : he doesn't stop Ngannou before his fight against Joshua.

Once again, Fury who hits harder than Usyk could not hurt Ngannou. Fury is a technical boxer too, that's why he's the champion while being pillow fisted at the same time.

Also, as for the best chin in the division, based on what ? Only 5 fights in the HW division ? Only 5 fights yet he already has a controversial win against Dubois. Sure it was a punch to the body but overall resistance is likely correlated with chin resistance.

Don't get me wrong though, Usyk obviously has a good chin but it's a different claim than having best chin in the division.

Also, if Usyk had the same skills than Ngannou in his first boxing fight, i'm certain Fury wins by KO.

You keep saying that but where's your proof? Go look up what Lesnar earned under the UFC. Guy is one of the best known WWE wrestlers of the past 25 years and reportedly the highest paid one (12 mil a year and that's while working sporadically. Dude is a part timer).
Now yeah, if you believe some sources he is the winner of the highest single fight payout in UFC history at between 7-8 mil. How does that match up to his name value? He even said after his UFC stint that he should have been paid more.

With the PPV sales alone, they pay any big name in boxing.

If Lesnar had so much value, he would not be in the UFC whining about how much money he earns in the first place.

Yet with all those advantages he still doesn't have a single proper knockout in the HW division : he doesn't stop Ngannou before his fight against Joshua.

Once again, Fury who hits harder than Usyk could not hurt Ngannou. Fury is a technical boxer too, that's why he's the champion while being pillow fisted at the same time.

Also, as for the best chin in the division, based on what ? Only 5 fights in the HW division ? Only 5 fights yet he already has a controversial win against Dubois. Sure it was a punch to the body but overall resistance is likely correlated with chin resistance.

Don't get me wrong though, Usyk obviously has a good chin but it's a different claim than having best chin in the division.

Also, if Usyk had the same skills than Ngannou in his first boxing fight, i'm certain Fury wins by KO.
Usyk has two stoppages so far in the few fights he's had at heavyweight. Just because you don't consider them "proper knockouts" doesn't erase them. Fury is nowhere near as technical as Usyk. There was nothing controversial about the Dubois fight. It was clearly a low blow. Despite having suffered it Usyk turned up the pressure and stopped him.

No, body and chin resistance aren't correlated in the slightest. Usyk has never been knocked down or seriously hurt (from a legal blow) in his entire career and he's faced some really big punchers that've nailed him clean repeatedly. Name someone else in the division that has a better chin.

There was nothing controversial about the Dubois fight. It was clearly a low blow. Despite having suffered it Usyk turned up the pressure and stopped him.

It was controversial, hence why many reliable people don't agree it was a low blow.

If Dubois was the champion fighting in UK and Usyk the contender, we all know what the referee would have said.

Only 5 fights in the HW division, yet already a controversial win.

No, body and chin resistance aren't correlated in the slightest.

Yes they are, hence why it doesn't happen to fighters renowned for their chin.

Name someone else in the division that has a better chin.

Really easy : fighters who have a substantial resume in the HW division with few losses.

People speak about Joshua's chin yet he didn't lose by TKO until more than 20 pro fights in the division.

Usyk only has 5 fights and already has controversial win. He literally spent about 3 minutes on the ground : i've never seen that, even less with a champion.

It was controversial, hence why many reliable people don't agree it was a low blow.

If Dubois was the champion fighting in UK and Usyk the contender, we all know what the referee would have said.

Only 5 fights in the HW division, yet already a controversial win.

Yes they are, hence why it doesn't happen to fighters renowned for their chin.

Really easy : fighters who have a substantial resume in the HW division with few losses.

People speak about Joshua's chin yet he didn't lose by TKO until more than 20 pro fights in the division.

Usyk only has 5 fights and already has controversial win. He literally spent about 3 minutes on the ground : i've never seen that, even less with a champion.
Guy your hate for Usyk is obvious. The ref properly ruled it a low blow. This forum even did a poll and the majority agree that it was in fact low. Oh, and they fought in Poland and had a Puerto Rican ref. Get over it.

Name a heavyweight with a better, more proven chin, than Usyk. You've yet to give me a name. I'm waiting.

The ref properly ruled it a low blow. This forum even did a poll and the majority agree that it was in fact low. Oh, and they fought in Poland and had a Puerto Rican ref. Get over it.

No one cares about a poll on this forum.

(Timestamped)

And i perfectly agree with what he said. I don't say it's perfectly clear since some people think otherwise, but it's controversial to say the least.

As for a fighter with a better chin than Usyk, easy : Joshua and i could name many other fighters.

And when i say better chin, i mean more proven in the HW division. I'll change my mind if Usyk keeps the same record with a substantial resume in the HW division.

Still doesn't change the fact that Usyk is even more pillow fisted than Fury and doesn't stop Ngannou.

(Timestamped)

And i perfectly agree with what he said. I don't say it's perfectly clear since some people think otherwise, but it's controversial to say the least.

As for a fighter with a better chin than Usyk, easy : Joshua and i could name many other fighters.

And when i say better chin, i mean more proven in the HW division. I'll change my mind if Usyk keeps the same record with a substantial resume in the HW division.

Still doesn't change the fact that Usyk is even more pillow fisted than Fury and doesn't stop Ngannou.

Luis Pabon, the guy that reffed the fight, has 30 years of experience refereeing big fights. He'll be in the Hall of Fame before long. Even the WBA supervisor that was actually there ringside said he made the right call.

The organization denied Dubois' appeal to overturn the result after its ringside supervisor determined that referee Luis Pabon “made the correct decision regarding the punch which he considered an accidental low blow.”

WBA says no evidence referee made wrong call on low blow in Oleksandr Usyk's win over Daniel Dubois

The majority of this forum agrees
Did Dubois hit Usyk low??

You think AJ has a better chin than Usyk? LOL. Okay, now you just confirmed that you have no clue of what you're talking about.

No one cares, once again, especially about what this forum says.

What WBA thinks is pointless too : when was the last time they changed anything ?

You think AJ has a better chin than Usyk? LOL. Okay, now you just confirmed that you have no clue of what you're talking about.

Indeed, only 5 fights in the HW division and already a controversial win, yet you claim he has the best chin in the division based on such a small resume.

Also, i repeat that Fury would almost certainly wins by KO if Usyk had the same skills than Ngannou.

No one cares, once again, especially about what this forum says.

What WBA thinks is pointless too : when was the last time they changed anything ?

Indeed, only 5 fights in the HW division and already a controversial win, yet you claim he has the best chin in the division based on such a small resume.

Also, i repeat that Fury would almost certainly wins by KO if Usyk had the same skills than Ngannou.
Yes, no one cares what this forum thinks and yet here you are posting in it. LOL. Usyk does indeed have the best chin at heavyweight. Most boxing fans would agree. Just not you because you're a Usyk hater.

(Timestamped)

Usyk makes Ngannou look even more amateurish than AJ. Pretty easily. He would stop Francis with a late round TKO.

So just like a lot of other boxers
Not quite. To only have one opponent with a winning record in your first 7 pro fights? And even that guy only had 1 more win than he had losses. Kimbo was in the UFC prior and had been street fighting for years. You'd think he'd have aimed a bit higher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back