"I hit way harder (than last time). He's going to be surprised, big time."

Idk if Stipe hits any harder than he used to, but his hands are quicker and crisper since the first fight.

JDS has better lateral footwork now so he doesn't back himself to the fence as much.

Both guys have sharpened their tools since they first fought but I see Miocic being the fresher, quicker fighter. Fucking love JDS but I think Stipe gets a 4th or 5th round tko this time.

How do you train punching power anyway while remaining the same size
It's not even about size, more about the accuracy, timing and picking your shots. When you throw the right punch at the right time,it connects way harder. I think he's faster, has better timing and picks the right shots. Now when he lands, you get the full brunt instead of glancing blows. At least, that's something he's improved on over his entire career.

With 4 cakewalks since that fight, it's hard to tell exactly how much better he's gotten until they do it again

see, last night when I watched it I was noticing how much different Stipe was even two years ago. He's looked like a terminator lately compared to the Junior fight, and I don't even mean in success, I just mean his demeanor and approach to his fights.

I think losing a decision changed his demeanor a lot. The Struve loss focused him wonderfully, but it also taught him to be very cautious. He was happy to go the distance with Nelson and Gonzaga (and it wasn't physiologically possible to go the distance with Maldonado). With JDS he learned on his own skin why it's not the wisest path to leave it to the judges, and the killer instinct was rekindled.

I think losing a decision changed his demeanor a lot. The Struve loss focused him wonderfully, but it also taught him to be very cautious. He was happy to go the distance with Nelson and Gonzaga (and it wasn't physiologically possible to go the distance with Maldonado). With JDS he learned on his own skin why it's not the wisest path to leave it to the judges, and the killer instinct was rekindled.
He's definitely pushed the issue in all of his fights since then. It's not reckless either, he's still a smart and strategic fighter. He just makes his offense count now.

I wanted to say that I hope he doesn't get too excited and run into anything or get countered like he did last time (and has against other fighters), but I'm kind of not worried about that anymore. He's been so efficient lately with his offense that it's eased my worries. It's easy to be a fan of his, although that guillotine had me shitting my pants in September. I really thought it was over.

Also wish he would bring that right hand up more because he's still open for a left hand here and there

It's not even about size, more about the accuracy, timing and picking your shots. When you throw the right punch at the right time,it connects way harder. I think he's faster, has better timing and picks the right shots. Now when he lands, you get the full brunt instead of glancing blows. At least, that's something he's improved on over his entire career.

With 4 cakewalks since that fight, it's hard to tell exactly how much better he's gotten until they do it again

whats the best way to train accuracy?

whats the best way to train accuracy?
Repetition and experience. Drill, spar, hit mitts. Usually when I do bag work I aim for a specific spot on the bag and I never let myself get wild. Just hit that same spot over and over. But sparring is the only way to get it right against a live opponent obviously

Stipe in a war over 5 rounds. True story.

Stipe is going to win in devastating fashion and continue this journey to be the hw goat. He has the skills and time and remember hw has ALWAYS been a shallow division in all of combat sports.

What about dat head movement doe?

bVTfB4f.gif

UFC161-NelsonXStipe-rd1-missedoverhandright-slowed-400-sg.gif

PaltryMammothClownanemonefish.gif

Junior%2Bdos%2BSantos%2BDrops%2BStipe%2BMiocic%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif
Speaking of head movement, that was a beautiful sequence by JDS.

Everyone forgetting what glass chin Overeem did to JDS?

Stipe has improved a lot, JDS has looked like shit since Cain beat the living daylights out of him.

Speaking of head movement, that was a beautiful sequence by JDS.
It was... Junior wasted no time countering an out of position Stipe. I watched that particular exchange about five times last night. Immediately before that, stipe landed a right hand and thought he had Junior hurt, so he pursued. But as you can see, Junior wasn't hurt at all and Stipe gets too close to junior which makes him have to short arm his hook and it comes out looking super ugly. Junior slipped it and countered beautifully. If junior didn't completely straight arm that punch and was able to get his hips into it, it would have been night night Stipe. Hit him perfectly on the chin

JDS will win again. This is a classic style makes fights with Fighter A and B having the same style with fighter B being superior in the same style.

Couture/Lesnar-Same style, wrestler vs wrestler with 1 fighter being a bigger better wrestler.
Jones/Sonnen-Same thing, 2 primary wrestlers, 1 a lesser wrestler with lesser striking as well.

Stipe vs JDS is similiar, 2 standup fighters, primarily boxers, but JDS has the better boxing. It's just not as huge a gap as the others I mentioned. Stipe has the better offensive wrestling, JDS the better defensive, so it cancel's each other out as was seen in the first fight when Stipe went for a huge number of takedowns, not wanting to stand and strike.

JDS will win again. This is a classic style makes fights with Fighter A and B having the same style with fighter B being superior in the same style.

Couture/Lesnar-Same style, wrestler vs wrestler with 1 fighter being a bigger better wrestler.
Jones/Sonnen-Same thing, 2 primary wrestlers, 1 a lesser wrestler with lesser striking as well.

Stipe vs JDS is similiar, 2 standup fighters, primarily boxers, but JDS has the better boxing. It's just not as huge a gap as the others I mentioned. Stipe has the better offensive wrestling, JDS the better defensive, so it cancel's each other out as was seen in the first fight when Stipe went for a huge number of takedowns, not wanting to stand and strike.
Ohhhhh buddy.....

Alright, so Stipe did attempt and fail on an obscene amount of takedowns. BUT, it's not because he didn't want to stand and strike.

Don't forget, no matter what you think, Stipe was very close to beating junior that time around. He zigged when he should have zagged and got dropped in the third, he zapped his own energy and got easily leg swept and taken down in the fourth. Rookie mistakes, but he's not a rookie anymore.

A few small changes can win him this fight, and I think he's come a long way.

Fan of both, coincidentally after they both smashed Werdum. That instantly made me a fan.

Werdum is one of the least respectable men in this sport, Opposed to JDS and miocic who are two of the most respectable. The Nerve Werdum has to say the shit he says sometimes I never want to see anything other than him get slept till his career ends.

Back