"I hit way harder (than last time). He's going to be surprised, big time."

I've been saying it for ages Junior will be champion again. And he will be.

This time Stipe will get finished in the earlier rounds.

Why tf would a Werdum fight be most exciting

Both junior and Stipe have outclassed him lol
They fought when JDS still had a full head of hair. Werdum has also improved his striking game. And they want to fight. Werdum has been talking mad shit about JDS. Id love to see berserker JDS.

Stipe didn't "outclass" Werdum. Werdum got cocky and stupid, then got KOd. Stipe is a dangerous opponent any night of the week for any fighter, but Werdum would not get KOd like that again in a rematch

Well, it's my thread so I might as well add my prediction

I think stipe is the more skilled fighter and athlete. I think he has a lot more natural talent whereas junior relies more heavily on his physical attributes. Junior is quick and hits hard, but is pretty basic in his approach to fighting and implementing his technique.

Stipe will take his time, find openings and finish junior with superior boxing + MAYBE some GNP if junior is hurt badly enough to be taken down and controlled

They fought when JDS still had a full head of hair. Werdum has also improved his striking game. And they want to fight. Werdum has been talking mad shit about JDS. Id love to see berserker JDS.

Stipe didn't "outclass" Werdum. Werdum got cocky and stupid, then got KOd. Stipe is a dangerous opponent any night of the week for any fighter, but Werdum would not get KOd like that again in a rematch
Werdum will never outstrike Junior, Junior will always overwhelm him standing. His Muay Thai has improved a lot but junior is a lot more more advanced and comfortable standing and Werdum will also never take him down.

Stipe outclassed Werdum even more than Junior. He absolutely outclassed him. Werdum completely emptied the chamber: swung and missed punches, ate punches, ate kicks, had his own kicks checked, missed by a mile on a takedown...

He had been completely rendered useless in the first minute, not a single thing he tried worked on stipe and he panicked. He tried to headhunt and overwhelm Stipe in a last-ditch effort because he knew he had nothing else

I will be Happy if Wedumb never fights for the title again but if he must then ill settle for him being pummeled into dementia by JDS

jds sucks now.
he got smashed by overream (flabby version) which means he sucks

Stipe could have very well suffered the same fate against Overeem but fortunately his chin held up. I would favor JDS in a rematch against Reem. JDS looked great in his last fight even though it wasn't against a top tier opponent. I still believe in him.

I personally thought Stipe won the first fight. May have to watch it again.

I personally thought Stipe won the first fight. May have to watch it again.
Watched it last night for the 100th time

Stipe can't ask for anything more than 2 rounds. He won the second and it's very easy to give him the fifth, although it could have gone either way. Some people have him the first, which is why I understand people scoring it for him, but I got junior 1-3-4. And if anyone can find it for Stipe, it should be me

JDS beating him will be bad for the division:

1) If Werdum loses
2) If Cain wins his next fight
Who's to say jds couldn't beat post USADA Cain? The 2nd fight was also alot closer than what ppl make out aswell., JDS had his moments

Was sure this was going to be Hendricks talking about GSP rematch, was about to spout some Usada shit right about now.

It's so cute that you imply that GSP wasn't on some good shit, considering he had 3x better cardio than everyone, had abs on top of his abs and disappeared right before USADA. Let me guess, hardwork and dedication?

Get cucked.

Some people have him the first, which is why I understand people scoring it for him

Ive watched the fight in slow motion and counted every strike. I cant think any other reason for some fans scoring the first round to Stipe than Rogan`s commentary. It felt like Rogan was suprised Stipe was so competitive and that made him ignore some good strikes JDS was landing. Rogan was a bit biased towards Stipe the whole fight, actually. I thought the fight was relatively easy to score and JDS won 4 rounds. Still a very competitive and close fight, ofc.

I like both fighters but I think Stipe is going to take it. Seems he has evolved a lot more than JDS has. Got to go with the firefighter on this one. Wouldn't be surprised if JDS wins though. His boxing is top notch. Man can't wait to see this fight.

When JDS fought Stipe he looked like a zombie. Slow, hands down, plodding, etc.

If he shows up like he did in the Rothwell fight, Stipe is getting stopped.

Watched it last night for the 100th time

Stipe can't ask for anything more than 2 rounds. He won the second and it's very easy to give him the fifth, although it could have gone either way. Some people have him the first, which is why I understand people scoring it for him, but I got junior 1-3-4. And if anyone can find it for Stipe, it should be me

Honestly thought this fight while close was easy to score for JDS.

Ive watched the fight in slow motion and counted every strike. I cant think any other reason for some fans scoring the first round to Stipe than Rogan`s commentary. It felt like Rogan was suprised Stipe was so competitive and that made him ignore some good strikes JDS was landing. Rogan was a bit biased towards Stipe the whole fight, actually. I thought the fight was relatively easy to score and JDS won 4 rounds. Still a very competitive and close fight, ofc.
I don't disagree with any of it. The fifth was just a weak round for both guys and I ended up giving it to Stipe. 4-1 doesn't seem to represent the fight well either so I think 2-5 for Stipe is pretty accurate. In any case, this rematch was necessary and inevitable
When JDS fought Stipe he looked like a zombie. Slow, hands down, plodding, etc.

If he shows up like he did in the Rothwell fight, Stipe is getting stopped.
see, last night when I watched it I was noticing how much different Stipe was even two years ago. He's looked like a terminator lately compared to the Junior fight, and I don't even mean in success, I just mean his demeanor and approach to his fights. You have to respect Junior, but Stipe was discovering new territory in that fight. I think he's going to be the one who improved most from that fight match up.

I bet he takes his time, picks his shots, feints TDs and eventually lands the one shot or enough volume to get Junior out of there before we get to the score cards. Wouldn't be surprised if Stipe gets him out of there in the first

Also wouldn't be surprised if junior does the same to Stipe. Lol, just such a great fight

How do you train punching power anyway while remaining the same size

Back