I have cancer

I've heard good things about going on a natural diet and cutting out sugars, might be worth looking into.

I've had a lot of experience with cancer in my family. This year alone my Mum passed away (they caught it late) and in the last few weeks my 22 year old cousin had to have one of his balls removed but he should make a full recovery.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I hope your cousin can pull through and gets all the support he needs through this process.

People think it's crazy but I truely believe If you Think you will beat it you will stay positive . And you are fair play
better than feeling sorry for yourself

I had a minor bout that was easily treated with surgery and radiation. All good now.

I’ll never forget that phone call when they first told me though. I was in the middle of heading to work and almost drove off the road.

Good luck man. Try to eat well, even when you don’t feel like it because of the treatment.

jesus how can they even tell you over the phone? They should have had you come in and told your in person.

I’m sorry. Fight on. My dad has been battling cancer for 15+ plus years. My only advice is this isn’t your battle alone. Ask for help from your loved ones. You won’t be burdening them, it would be their pleasure to help.

Fight on!
I know it sucks, but if your dad has been fighting it that long, he's a bad sonuvabitch.

50-45 your dad via domination

recovering from cancer treatment right now myself.
first the hormone therapy, then the brachytherapy and then 3 1/2 weeks of
daily external beam radiation.
I've been through some shit for real.

you have to keep a positive attitude and remember why you're doing all this.
for family, firstly. and for me at least, I fucking refuse to give up.

feeling much better. just low energy and weight gain.
first check to make sure it's gone comes in Jan.
*crosses fingers.

hang in, bud.

shit I'm sorry for missing this post. Like I said earlier I avoided sherdog for a while and was sent to the hospital for lengthy stays not long after.

I didn't need radiation but I hear it can be really rough. When I ask people who've had radiation and chemo I ask which one's worst and they can't seem to decide. Having gone through chemo I can safely say it's hell on earth. I can't imagine what radiation feels like.

Hang in there bro. I wish you all the best. I know you can beat this and you seem to have the right mindset.

oh for sure, bud.
nah, heard chemo is way worse.
if my shit comes back, that's where I'm headed.
internal rads were fine, the external beam was a diff story.
fucked up my insides.
all good so far though.
continued success, my bro

shit I'm sorry for missing this post. Like I said earlier I avoided sherdog for a while and was sent to the hospital for lengthy stays not long after.

I didn't need radiation but I hear it can be really rough. When I ask people who've had radiation and chemo I ask which one's worst and they can't seem to decide. Having gone through chemo I can safely say it's hell on earth. I can't imagine what radiation feels like.

Hang in there bro. I wish you all the best. I know you can beat this and you seem to have the right mindset.
My boss wife through chemo unfortunately lost the battle only 44 she said it was draining . she did it one week on then break and repeat

So many types of chemo . took a while to find right one but in end too late

That's the reason i gave that advice.

A lot of the decay from disease comes sometimes from the lack of food, i have never had cancer but had Dengue fever and that thing made everything taste like snot mixed with iron dust.

I went without eating almost anything for 2 weeks and lost a shitload of weight.

My doctors and nurses are always trying to get me to eat for the reasons you're invoking. Honestly though, I can't bring myself to doing it. However I know it's temporary and I regain my appetite a week later and I end up binging

I hope you all survive for a long time so I can continue to mentally abuse you all here on the forums.

Wilhelm Reich and the Orgone Accumulator.

Royal Rife and destructive resonance.

Two alternative methods to research, that I'm sure next to nobody will consider. But I'm going to throw them out there anyway, because the accepted methods aren't exactly working wonders, and never have.

Either way, best of luck.

My mom experienced that heavily as well. She quit eating a lot of food because the taste was so radically altered by the chemo.

She's been done with everything for about a year now, and almost everything is back to normal, so your tastes should come back. :)

My taste buds are usually out of commission for about a week after treatment and then I binge ;)

oh for sure, bud.
nah, heard chemo is way worse.
if my shit comes back, that's where I'm headed.
internal rads were fine, the external beam was a diff story.
fucked up my insides.
all good so far though.
continued success, my bro

Well good luck to you. Keep me posted

I went to the ER when my stomach was bloated for no reason. They did an ultra sound and found lots of fluid so they kept me overnight to do a scan in the morning. The scan revealed the tumors.

Others feel pain combined with nausea and vomiting. You can be feeling a lump. Many people go see their GP's who issue a bunch of tests. I like the ER route because hospitals have all the resources and facilities to get tests done.

The worst test I did was the gastroscopy. They shoved a camera down my throat with just a spray in my throat as a local anaesthetic which really wasn't enough. They offered me additional meds to knock me out but their explanation at the time was it was for anxiety. I refused saying I didn't feel anxious and I wanted just get this over with. HO-LEE-SHIT do I regret saying no. It didn't take long before I was throwing up mucus and blood and it lasted what was probably the longest 8 minutes of my life. Even the colonoscopy was a walk in the park compared to this.

What are the scans called? I want to go in for a check up too. My cousin in DC also has cancer. One day his whole arm felt numb. He goes in, and finds he has tumors all over his body. But luckily the treatments are working. There is always hope.

What are the scans called? I want to go in for a check up too. My cousin in DC also has cancer. One day his whole arm felt numb. He goes in, and finds he has tumors all over his body. But luckily the treatments are working. There is always hope.

I got a CT scan at first which confirmed the presence of tumors. You have to give them sufficient doubt that it's worthy of issuing a CT Scan. For me it was the presence of lots of liquid in my abdomen which ended up being ascites. They removed 5 litres of it and it came back every 2 days where I would get another 5 litres removed. It was nuts.

Nice to hear your winning that fight.....enjoy your vacations.

***March 21 2018 update***

I'm on treatment number 5. The tumors are all gone but I'm killing what's left with the last two treatments.

My chemo porotocol is particularly intensive and I'm starting to feel like an old man. I'm always tired, going up and down stairs is difficult. Then there's the loss of taste, loss of appetite, nausea and tingling in my fingers.

I'm really looking forward to finishing my treatments. I'm already thinking about vacations I want to take for my recovery.
Glad to hear you’re doing well brother. Good luck going forward and congrats on the positive news!!!

Sorry I missed this.

I was in the hospital anyways by the time you were in Montreal. I am crazy enough to accept your offer though lol

Also where were you thinking? Stogies?

haha.....it was a poor joke at the time to lighten the mood. I'll be there again in December if you're around.

Back