I have cancer

I can barely run :(

Scratch that, I can't even run. My legs can barely support me at times. Looking forward to hitting the gym!
The barbell is the fountain of youth. Your body will remember how to be in shape.

That's great. Here in the greatest country in the world you'd be dead or in bankruptcy

Of course that assumes that he didn't have health insurance which he would have likely had since TS was employed when he was diagnosed.

For many years after PET-CT was available and systems were installed in Canada it wasn't approved by Health Canada so many of them sat collecting dust and could only be used for research :/

My mother is stage 4 cancer in Ontario and her oncologist wouldn't send her for a PET-CT so she had to go to Michigan to get one. Even though there are private clinics in Toronto where you can pay out of pocket to get a PET-CT you still need a referral. Since her own oncologist wouldn't refer her she went looking for one that would. Out of the 6 she contacted 4 didn't even respond to inquiries and the other two told her she already had one. By the time she found one that actually would prescribe the appropriate drug for her type of cancer (which she would have paid for it herself) the primary tumor metastasized.

Of course that assumes that he didn't have health insurance which he would have likely had since TS was employed when he was diagnosed.

For many years after PET-CT was available and systems were installed in Canada it wasn't approved by Health Canada so many of them sat collecting dust and could only be used for research :/

My mother is stage 4 cancer in Ontario and her oncologist wouldn't send her for a PET-CT so she had to go to Michigan to get one. Even though there are private clinics in Toronto where you can pay out of pocket to get a PET-CT you still need a referral. Since her own oncologist wouldn't refer her she went looking for one that would. Out of the 6 she contacted 4 didn't even respond to inquiries and the other two told her she already had one. By the time she found one that actually would prescribe the appropriate drug for her type of cancer (which she would have paid for it herself) the primary tumor metastasized.

Wtf? Sounds like a major malpractice suit waiting to happen

Hey guys, I figured I would an update on my condition.

I'm currently in the hospital receiving my 6th and final round of chemo. I've been here since Sunday and am on my third of four chemo bags. I should expect to leave on Saturday evening.

Needless to say I am really looking forward to getting out of here. I have plans for this summer to get back into shape and enjoy life before returning to work. But I do have feel a level of insecurity stemming from the fear of my cancer coming back.

This kind of cancer is apparently very difficult to treat if it does come back, and the my chances are at less than 20% if it does. I also made the mistake of watching the documentary "Be Here Now" about the lead actor of Spartacus the TV series who ended up dying after his cancer came back (he had the same cancer I have). Despite that, my oncologist believes that I am cured as I have responded very well to treatment from the beginning. Every medical sign I am displaying is encouraging. I should have a PET scan in 4-6 weeks to confirm it is all gone *crosses fingers*

That's it for now. I thank you for all your support thus far!
A prayer has been said for you, brother. You will outlive us all!!!

Of course that assumes that he didn't have health insurance which he would have likely had since TS was employed when he was diagnosed

My dad battled cancer for three years here in Vegas. His monthly shot cost $12,000 a pop AFTER INSURANCE

My dad battled cancer for three years here in Vegas. His monthly shot cost $12,000 a pop AFTER INSURANCE

Well he could have been offered 25 yr old cancer mgmt in Canada that has something like 4% rate of success and been forced to go to Germany to get an FDA approved treatment that is available in Canada but only after you go through the 4% success rate treatment.

the grass is not always as green as it may seem on the other side.

My aunt is currently dying from cancer. Sucks seeing how my mom is taking it. Seeing her sister perish away in front of her eyes.

Hey guys, I figured I would an update on my condition.

I'm currently in the hospital receiving my 6th and final round of chemo. I've been here since Sunday and am on my third of four chemo bags. I should expect to leave on Saturday evening.

Needless to say I am really looking forward to getting out of here. I have plans for this summer to get back into shape and enjoy life before returning to work. But I do have feel a level of insecurity stemming from the fear of my cancer coming back.

This kind of cancer is apparently very difficult to treat if it does come back, and the my chances are at less than 20% if it does. I also made the mistake of watching the documentary "Be Here Now" about the lead actor of Spartacus the TV series who ended up dying after his cancer came back (he had the same cancer I have). Despite that, my oncologist believes that I am cured as I have responded very well to treatment from the beginning. Every medical sign I am displaying is encouraging. I should have a PET scan in 4-6 weeks to confirm it is all gone *crosses fingers*

That's it for now. I thank you for all your support thus far!

Stay strong. Congrats on kicking cancer's ass and don't get down about it coming back. Any of us could go at any time due to a freak accident or something. Just enjoy each day and once again, congrats on completing treatment and beating a terrible disease!

***UPDATE***

I got my PET scan results and my oncologist was happy to announce that there are no traces of cancer left in my body :) I went from stage 4 to completely tumor free. It was quite the wild ride.

I'd like to thank my sherbros for all the support. Even you jackasses in the war room that I've feuded with have been supportive in this thread. May we continue to argue and throw jabs at each other.

My message to you all is be sure to get yourself checked out if you feel something is off. My stomach swelled (no pain, just discomfort) and I thought it was just extreme bloating. Little did I know I needed to trade in the pepto bismol for chemotherapy. Special thanks to my fiancé for nagging me to the point of making me go to the ER just so I don't have to put up with her nagging. She saved my life.

***UPDATE***

I got my PET scan results and my oncologist was happy to announce that there are no traces of cancer left in my body :) I went from stage 4 to completely tumor free. It was quite the wild ride.

I'd like to thank my sherbros for all the support. Even you jackasses in the war room that I've feuded with have been supportive in this thread. May we continue to argue and throw jabs at each other.

My message to you all is be sure to get yourself checked out if you feel something is off. My stomach swelled (no pain, just discomfort) and I thought it was just extreme bloating. Little did I know I needed to trade in the pepto bismol for chemotherapy. Special thanks to my fiancé for nagging me to the point of making me go to the ER just so I don't have to put up with her nagging. She saved my life.

Awesome to know. Congratulations champ

Nice one. Hang on to the fiancee. She sounds like a keeper.

Not reading whole thread. Sounds like you survived, sir. Enjoy the rest of your time as a human, and be healthy. Best wishes.

I thought I had something seriously wrong with my GI tract...almost went to the er expecting the worst. Then I farted.

***UPDATE***

Wow... Though I hope y'all get married, you'll never hear the end of that one.

"Well, I may be wrong on this, but I saved your life..." /End of Argument

Glad you’re doing well.

On the flip side... because of this thread, any time I have a rough b-dub induced diarrhea, I’m going to think I have cancer.

Not reading whole thread. Sounds like you survived, sir. Enjoy the rest of your time as a human, and be healthy. Best wishes.

Thanks

no need to read whole thread. In short: Diagnosed with stage 4 non hodgkin's lymphoma, received 6 cycles of chemo and now I'm cancer free

Back