I find it cringe that UFC turned into a mainstream celeb hipster organization

a hipster is someone who tries to be "different" but at the end hes someone out of many.

I started getting so excited when my friends started getting into mma.
But now All they talk about is jones and Conor and typing fuck like fook, so now I'm short a couple friends.
I imagine this is how you feel ts

I almost miss the days when very few knew anything about MMA or the UFC specifically. I'm very happy for mma's overall success but this entertainment wrestling angle with posers over real talent, interim belts galore is a little hard to stomach at times.

Even with all the new casuals and their I know it all knowledge I'm still IN!

Lots of good UFC fights in between fanboys being gifted whatever current “SuperStar” fits their bill of badass the most.
They market personalities,nationalism,and capitalism.

I haven't seen any of this hipster shit 10 years ago. There was a time when UFC was strictly exclusive for the hardcore fans and it was actual much more entertaining. Nowadays, everyone and their 14 years old sons are into UFC, fighters acting like hipsters and becoming more like a celebrity, fans following and glorifying attention seeking manwhores, UFC treating their organization like WWE, cringe marketing and all that crap about WMMA.

It's too much for me.

Have you considered just watching the fights?

The fights are still there... great fights last night for example... lots of finishes.

Your attention is what has changed bro....

The fights are there as always.

It went from a fighting spectacle that real men watched to now a "sport" for hipster liberals. It went from "Who's the baddest motherfucker?" to "Which skinny millennial can have the funniest interview?"

This is what I and a lot of other people are talking about when we're saying that UFC is dying, of course the people on the WME payroll can't comprehend it (while oftentimes mocking others' lack of comprehension).

I hope WME divests and stays the fuck away from anything combat-related.

I haven't seen any of this hipster shit 10 years ago. There was a time when UFC was strictly exclusive for the hardcore fans and it was actual much more entertaining. Nowadays, everyone and their 14 years old sons are into UFC, fighters acting like hipsters and becoming more like a celebrity, fans following and glorifying attention seeking manwhores, UFC treating their organization like WWE, cringe marketing and all that crap about WMMA.

It's too much for me.
your experience couldnt be more different than mine. almost NONE of the people i watched ppvs with 10 years ago are still in it. i only know 1 person who remotely keeps up compared to the 20 or so back then.

I find it cringe so many sherdoggers act and talk like teenagers

It's too much for me.

'Ufc too mainstream waa waa'

Lol why are you bashing hipsters and the acting like one?

It went from a fighting spectacle that real men watched to now a "sport" for hipster liberals. It went from "Who's the baddest motherfucker?" to "Which skinny millennial can have the funniest interview?"

This is what I and a lot of other people are talking about when we're saying that UFC is dying, of course the people on the WME payroll can't comprehend it (while oftentimes mocking others' lack of comprehension).

I hope WME divests and stays the fuck away from anything combat-related.

It's always been like that the last 12+ years look at the Tito Vs Shamrock fued, popularity of guys like Rampage and Mayhem being silly back in the day, stupid fights like:

• Couture Vs Toney
  • Tito Vs Shamrock 2 & 3
  • Prime Hughes Vs old Royce
  • TUF Winner Serra Vs GSP (I know Serra won but having the TUF winner skip all contenders was silly rankings wise)
  • Brock Lesnar

Letting guys skip the queue to title shots:
Rampage - 1-1 in his last two coming into UFC and beats Marvin Eastman and gets a title shot
Anderson - 3-2 in his last 5 coming into UFC beats Leben and gets a title shot

its scary how many great grapplers look like this
hipster.jpg

TS doesn't realize he IS the hipster in this situation.

Bruh lets be real before it was the Mchipsters and anime dorks it was a buncha douche bag frat boys. This sport has pretty typically attracted the worst kinda people

It's always been like that the last 12+ years look at the Tito Vs Shamrock fued, popularity of guys like Rampage and Mayhem being silly back in the day, stupid fights like:

• Couture Vs Toney
  • Tito Vs Shamrock 2 & 3
  • Prime Hughes Vs old Royce
  • TUF Winner Serra Vs GSP (I know Serra won but having the TUF winner skip all contenders was silly rankings wise)
  • Brock Lesnar

Letting guys skip the queue to title shots:
Rampage - 1-1 in his last two coming into UFC and beats Marvin Eastman and gets a title shot
Anderson - 3-2 in his last 5 coming into UFC beats Leben and gets a title shot
Exactly. Plus fighters like shamrock and Severn transitioning over to WWE and back with the "world's most dangerous man" angles.

The UFC is exactly the same except the interim' which went from never stripping a fighter to stripping them or introducing another title ASAP. Plus it's just gradually grown in popularity as time has gone on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back