I find it cringe that UFC turned into a mainstream celeb hipster organization

Nooob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I haven't seen any of this hipster shit 10 years ago. There was a time when UFC was strictly exclusive for the hardcore fans and it was actual much more entertaining. Nowadays, everyone and their 14 years old sons are into UFC, fighters acting like hipsters and becoming more like a celebrity, fans following and glorifying attention seeking manwhores, UFC treating their organization like WWE, cringe marketing and all that crap about WMMA.

It's too much for me.

Mainstream and hipster? Aren't they opposites?

When your promotion goes from an underground seeming thing full of grinders and turns into a mainstream, "marketable fighter" belt-fuckery farce, this is what you get

I haven't seen any of this hipster shit 10 years ago. There was a time when UFC was strictly exclusive for the hardcore fans and it was actual much more entertaining. Nowadays, everyone and their 14 years old sons are into UFC, fighters acting like hipsters and becoming more like a celebrity, fans following and glorifying attention seeking manwhores, UFC treating their organization like WWE, cringe marketing and all that crap about WMMA.

It's too much for me.

Huh ? The japanophile Pride hipsters were the worst

Hipsters? What's wrong with that? They are grown men, they can wear whatever they want, they can have any haircut they want. This isn't North Korea or Saudi Arabia. They can listen to rap music (or perform it if they like), they can record youtube videos or post instagram pics of their bicpes or whatever.

<{JustBleed}> < ---- This guy never wanted a pile of horseshit.

The worst of TUF noobs and the worst otaku geeks of PRIDE created a hyrid final form, legitimacy dorks, and they caused this.

TS has every characteristic of hipster.

Last edited:
Hipsters? What's wrong with that? They are grown men, they can wear whatever they want, they can have any haircut they want. This isn't North Korea or Saudi Arabia. They can listen to rap music (or perform it if they like), they can record youtube videos or post instagram pics of their bicpes or whatever.
They can.... and I can point out that they're a bunch of :eek::eek::eek:s.

They can.... and I can point out that they're a bunch of :eek::eek::eek:s.
Well played. I just find it amusing when "real men" care so much about looks of other men. I mean, usually you should care about the looks of your potential partner (genetics, or simply aesthetics).

This thread is actually pretty hipster TS.

I dont think TS knows what hipster means...or mainstream.....or cringe....

I understand. It reminds me of the time when only me and 10 other people knew about a little film callled Star Wars. Those were glorious days. We'd debate and argue over things like Darth Vader's cloak or the Ewok's headbands long into the wee hours. It was a special club for special people. Not anymore though. It was all ruined when those filthy hipsters discovered the films and then came the casuals and now everybody thinks they're a Star Wars fan. It's just disgusting.

This thread is actually pretty hipster TS.

That’s what I was thinking!

Arguing that you were into something back when it was underground and cool is THE MOST hipster thing you can do.

Last edited:
Casuals and pop culture intrigue are necessary evils.

So long as the UFC doesn't go full Star Wars, and damn near intentionally alienate the entirety of its core fan base, a reasonable degree of crossover isn't such a terrible deal. Exposure. It's good to spread promotion of the martial arts as widely as possible. We need more children wanting to grow up combat capable.

Last edited:
You hate hipsters yet you use the word "cringe"?
Shouldnt your parents be signing you up for peewee football now?

Saying "I find it cringe" is about as hipster as it gets.

Back