I feel like Usman is the new version of Jon Fitch

Fitch got Fitch'd by Maia, Usman stood with him for 5 rounds. If I had to compare him to a fighter it would be Phil Davis. Black, explosive, high level wrestler but not a finisher, striking is decent but ineffective at doing damage and looks boring.
The Maia that fought Fitch would do the same to Usman.

Fitch got Fitch'd by Maia, Usman stood with him for 5 rounds. If I had to compare him to a fighter it would be Phil Davis. Black, explosive, high level wrestler but not a finisher, striking is decent but ineffective at doing damage and looks boring.

Phil has a solid chin as well.. I guess time will tell if Usman's holds up when he faces a guy that hits like a Mack truck

The Maia that fought Fitch would do the same to Usman.

Nope. Fitch for all his skills doesn't have the best defensive wrestling. He was outgrappled by both BJ and young Erick Silva in the first round before they faded.

Maia has never performed very well against high level wrestlers except for the ones that have shown suspect TDD in other fights. Chael, Fitch and Story. Every other wrestler has beat him.

He's not someone I want to watch and last event was one of the few where I simply didn't care about the fights. I love Maia but I thought he'd lose a boring UD to Usman an I was right. Rest of the card were filled with nonames so I just looked up the result instead of wasting 1-2 hours.

Anyone making this comparison needs to stop watching MMA

Disagree. He's a legit threat. His wrestling could gas out Woodley, if Wood doesn't catch him early.

I think Woodley loses his next fight. A Long lay off, injury, and surgery at 36 years old-- it's not easy to come back from that and immediately beat a number 1 contender.

Usman vs. winner of till vs. wonderboy should decide the next contender

Love how everyone forgets him stalking and KTFOing Moraes just 3 fights ago. Usman gets called boring but Covington doesn't generally around here. People just love to rag on Woodley and Usman despite them winning all the time for some odd reason.... I wonder why ;)
#not racist at all bro. just dont like people from the ghetto bro. not xenophobic bro. just love rednecks more bro.

Insult to Fitch imo Fitch actually worked on the ground, Usman literally holds people on the ground doing minimal damage. Fitch fucked up Penn and Erick Silva on the ground.

I honestly can't recall Usman ever really damaging anyone with ground and pound or going for any submissions.
he smashed daley too. I like fitch unlike most. fitch is a legend.

I think Woodley loses his next fight. A Long lay off, injury, and surgery at 36 years old-- it's not easy to come back from that and immediately beat a number 1 contender.

Usman vs. winner of till vs. wonderboy should decide the next contender

I think he can beat Till and WB, but Usman would be the worst threat for him.

He fucked up meek and turned off Moraes' lights off. He didn't get aggressive with the GnP with Maia because he didn't want to risk getting swept and getting caught in a submission.

Did he? I remember him getting a couple good slams on Meek but other than that I can't recall him doing shit. I also don't want to go back and rewatch the fight because it was pretty boring lol. Moraes win was standing, I was talking ground and pound wise. Fitch has fucked quite a few guys up with GNP. Moraes fight was pretty much the only time he ever fucked anyone up, and Moraes is like 37 or some shit.

I believe Fitch is better overall grappler and would probably beat Usman imo.

Did he? I remember him getting a couple good slams on Meek but other than that I can't recall him doing shit. I also don't want to go back and rewatch the fight because it was pretty boring lol. Moraes win was standing, I was talking ground and pound wise. Fitch has fucked quite a few guys up with GNP. Moraes fight was pretty much the only time he ever fucked anyone up, and Moraes is like 37 or some shit.

I believe Fitch is better overall grappler and would probably beat Usman imo.

Bloodied him up if I remember correctly. Moraes even at 37 is a dangerous dude, I'm not so sure if Fitch would beat him.

I think he can beat Till and WB, but Usman would be the worst threat for him.

I'm assuming his next fight is the winner of RDA vs. Covington, and I think Woodley will lose to either one of them. I think RDA is stylistically the worst match up in the division for Woodley.

Back