I feel like Usman is the new version of Jon Fitch

erg0n

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
the dude grinds it out but always come out as the winner of a decision. Everyone hates him becaise of his lack of flash, and when he fights people go for a smoke break because they know they'll get ~15 mins

Just like Fitch before him, Usman makes me money in bets so I especially enjoy when the guy fights.

Wasn't Maia $4.50 to win based on $1 bet? You making bank that Usman wins a UD. The only way to make money is when Demian ends one of his last fights the way he started his 1st pro fight. A TKO with his lanklet elbows and knees.

UFC Fight Night 129 Odds For The Main Card:

Kamaru Usman (-365) vs. Demian Maia (+305)

He looked to be a little stunned by a few digs by maia.
Somebody with a little more umph in the punching department will turn his lights out.
Effectively he does what he needs to do in the cage. But in this day and age that's not enough.
He is just a dull fighter

He needs to run his trap to make him self noticed as his fights are like fucking valium

He's a difficult match-up for most of the division, due to his high level wrestling and physical strength.

His fights are snore-fests, but he is effective at what his strengths are.

He does have a Fitch-like, smothering style.

kamaru clearly has power as he showed against maia, moraes, and strickland he just has to learn to be more effective with it because he's a decision machine right now

Its hard to tell when judging on a fight against Maia. Lets see this guy against another opponent that is a more diverse MMA figter before jumping to judgment

the dude grinds it out but always come out as the winner of a decision. Everyone hates him becaise of his lack of flash, and when he fights people go for a smoke break because they know they'll get ~15 mins

Just like Fitch before him, Usman makes me money in bets so I especially enjoy when the guy fights.

You are a spoiled casual fan.

Just stop watching altogether.

Its hard to tell when judging on a fight against Maia. Lets see this guy against another opponent that is a more diverse MMA figter before jumping to judgment
I agree. People keep acting like Maia is some dude that is easy to finish.
Not many have looked great against him either.
He's fought a slew of strong opponents and only been finished once in his career.

He is black GSP/Fitch/Askren. Pick and choose any lay and prayer. It’s been a plague of 170

Love how everyone forgets him stalking and KTFOing Moraes just 3 fights ago. Usman gets called boring but Covington doesn't generally around here. People just love to rag on Woodley and Usman despite them winning all the time for some odd reason.... I wonder why ;)

Insult to Fitch imo Fitch actually worked on the ground, Usman literally holds people on the ground doing minimal damage. Fitch fucked up Penn and Erick Silva on the ground.

I honestly can't recall Usman ever really damaging anyone with ground and pound or going for any submissions.

Love how everyone forgets him stalking and KTFOing Moraes just 3 fights ago. Usman gets called boring but Covington doesn't generally around here. People just love to rag on Woodley and Usman despite them winning all the time for some odd reason.... I wonder why ;)

Reported for race baiting

You are a spoiled casual fan.

Just stop watching altogether.

It's not pretty, but its highly effective. Casuals dont seem to realize not everyone is a striker or that there many facets of combat sports.

Insult to Fitch imo Fitch actually worked on the ground, Usman literally holds people on the ground doing minimal damage. Fitch fucked up Penn and Erick Silva on the ground.

I honestly can't recall Usman ever really damaging anyone with ground and pound or going for any submissions.

He fucked up meek and turned off Moraes' lights off. He didn't get aggressive with the GnP with Maia because he didn't want to risk getting swept and getting caught in a submission.

Fitch got Fitch'd by Maia, Usman stood with him for 5 rounds. If I had to compare him to a fighter it would be Phil Davis. Black, explosive, high level wrestler but not a finisher, striking is decent but ineffective at doing damage and looks boring.

Back