I feel like pedestrians who drive cars are more cautious than pedestrians who don't...

For us BMW drivers, we own vehicles that look like normal cars but are built like sports cars underneath. So we treat normal roads like race tracks. These cars are really easy to push to their limits and it can be addicting AF.

TBH I had an incident where I was driving to a large outdoor mall- there are winding roads on the exterior that connect to the parking lots. I was doing my thing having fun on the bends until I got to an intersection where a family was trying to cross. I didn't even get close to hitting them or anything but I could tell the way I had been driving made the father very scared and he even put his hand out.

austin-powers-steamroller.gif

I fee like pedestrians who are super distracted and not paying much attention at crosswalks do not respect what cars can do to them.

Pedestrians who normally drive are well aware of all the things a driver needs to pay attention to therefore they carry that sense of caution when walking on the streets.

Change my mind..
True that since I began driving early this year all I can think about when crossing the streets is "There could be a thousand stupid Shinkanpos out there driving stupid!" hahahaha

I'm not convinced it's about being a driver or not. It's NPC behaviour. Zombies looking at their phone all day even while they cross the street.

Back