I feel like pedestrians who drive cars are more cautious than pedestrians who don't...

mixmastermo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I fee like pedestrians who are super distracted and not paying much attention at crosswalks do not respect what cars can do to them.

Pedestrians who normally drive are well aware of all the things a driver needs to pay attention to therefore they carry that sense of caution when walking on the streets.

Change my mind..

I don't think they are not aware so much as they are confident that a driver won't hit them. They're usually right.

I'm sure a driver would be a better pedestrian as I'm sure a cyclist would be more courteous to other folks on bikes... I could be wrong though.

I don't think they are not aware so much as they are confident that a driver won't hit them. They're usually right.

I'm sure a driver would be a better pedestrian as I'm sure a cyclist would be more courteous to other folks on bikes... I could be wrong though.

That's overconfidence..

Just the other day I saw a teenager crossing a very busy road that directly connects to a parkway intersection. Without even looking both ways or looking back he started crossing diagonally from the middle of the street- not at a crosswalk.

This road has 2 lanes on each side and dozens of cars, buses, trucks, etc. are moving quickly through it every minute. He was not being confident, he was being stupid. How does he know everyone operating every one of those vehicles is alert, focused, and sober?

That's overconfidence..

Just the other day I saw a teenager crossing a very busy road that directly connects to a parkway intersection. Without even looking both ways or looking back he started crossing diagonally from the middle of the street- not at a crosswalk.

This road has 2 lanes on each side and dozens of cars, buses, trucks, etc. are moving quickly through it every minute. He was not being confident, he was being stupid. How does he know everyone operating every one of those vehicles is alert, focused, and sober?

Yeah, I run into so many of those fools. Some of them purposely like to walk slow or walk in front of cars when they don't have right-of-way because they know must people won't hit them.

Like I said though, they're usually right. It just takes one prick playing with their phone and not paying attention to make them roadkill.

I don't like people who drive. I have no respect for cars and constantly try to pretend they were never invented. If that means I have to get hit by one that is a price I'm willing to pay.

Also many places don't have sidewalks and require people to cross intersections. So I guess to drivers it looks like those people are being assholes for actually using their legs but they are just trying to get from point A to point B.

I don't drive but I'm fully aware. I've had cars speed around a corner at a crosswalk without slowing down and nearly kill me. Already half way across the street and they're like "yep this is a great time to turn at full speed!"

Not convinced, there's some absolutely shocking drivers knocking about these days. I often wonder about how many people got their licenses in the Country I live in and how many got them in other countries with more archaic or lenient tests. I imagine Norwegians think 99% of people in cars shouldn't be lol.

The other day, I watched a guy nearly walk out into the street into rush hour traffic. He caught himself right before he got hit by a truck.

At that same intersection, I see tons of people just walk across even when it says don’t walk, just as long as they’re confident no cars are coming. But I see people blow through that light all the time. If it’s green, they won’t see someone walking through until it’s too late. There’s just something about that light that makes people not pay attention.

I don't like people who drive. I have no respect for cars and constantly try to pretend they were never invented. If that means I have to get hit by one that is a price I'm willing to pay.

Also many places don't have sidewalks and require people to cross intersections. So I guess to drivers it looks like those people are being assholes for actually using their legs but they are just trying to get from point A to point B.

In response to the bolded, you may get your wish one day!

The other day, I watched a guy nearly walk out into the street into rush hour traffic. He caught himself right before he got hit by a truck.

At that same intersection, I see tons of people just walk across even when it says don’t walk, just as long as they’re confident no cars are coming. But I see people blow through that light all the time. If it’s green, they won’t see someone walking through until it’s too late. There’s just something about that light that makes people not pay attention.

Csnt embed this next video but its easily the best one
https://www.dorisaveslives.org/reso...d-pedestrian-on-phone-steps-into-traffic.html

Imagine getting hit by a bus due to a distracted driver

Last edited:
How the fuck would you know the difference? Are they wearing a sign?

Sense of entitlement.

Had some idiot try kick my car cos I zoomed past them when they decided to cross a 4 lane road without a fuck in the world.

The other day I saw this dumb little kid just run across the street without looking for cars and adults didn't scold him or teach him. I also see dumb adults do this at the mall.

At least they aren’t on bicycles
Not long ago in the local news here, an old man ran over, dragged and killed an old woman and he said he did it to teach her a lesson for riding bike so slowly. WTF?

Back