I don't understand Cub Swanson

He recently had a daughter. His perspective on life has changed. Remember he recently stated that he felt like he was going to die during the Ortega guillotine, and he panicked and tapped.

The dude wants to be alive and healthy for his family. It is more important for him now than it was before. This is just my opinion based on very little information.
Part of that makes sense but he shouldn't be fighting top contenders if that is the case.

damn never knew Cub left Jackson-Wink that would explain him always training with TJ nowadays

When he fought Doo Ho Choi he laid it all on the line, understanding a loss permanently puts him in Gatekeeper territory, it was one of the greatest fights in recent memory.

Against Frankie Edgar he was tentative even though he probably knew he had to win to have any chance at ever fighting for the title again.
It's good he's not training at Jackson-Wink any more, but he's still the same guy against top competition
Training with TJ at the treigning lab is smart though
Style makes fights, and Cub just can't handle Frankie's style.

wow there are some absolute fuck heads in here.

Cub would be taken down instantly if he got too wild and aggressive. It's pretty simple.

PTSD. Imagine taking the beating he took in their first fight. Most people would do anything to avoid that.

You guys have a lot of excuses for Cub.

I like Cub but that was a horrible performance.

Wtf was he doing?

He was fighting like he was in a 12 round boxing fight, or like he was sparring.

yeah i dont like well he is scared of the TD excuse either.

Cub has been a Pro fighter for 15 years+, im sorry but you cant fight scared of the TD after that long.

you need to put wrestlers on there heels or moving backwards. these strikers who think its smart to circle away only landing the odd solo shot and since there moving backwards they have no power in them. the wrestlers just keep moving forward. ready for the TD.

its a losing gameplan overall, and yeah sure there is examples of that exact thing. but its rare. strikers need to find away to establish range and keep wrestlers at bay and worried about them.

Cub never really did any of that.

he just kinda let time run out defending the whole fight.

Frankie got a gift win, was basically a paid smoker in front of his home town fans.

Back