I don't think Conor will ever fight at Dublin again after tonight.

Dana said Kevin Weeks came to see him. I watched a documentary on Bulger and debt collecting at that time seemed a bit beneath him, but not like Dana would pass on embellishing a story. I thought Dana was running his business with Peter Welch, who it seems like is well respected in that area and still has his gym. Unless he was willing to pay up to stick around.

I thought things would have been quiet for a time when Bulger left, then one of hus close friends would start running the show or a new mob would have formed. Seems to be the formula with all gangs around the world. What a cluster fuck that whole episode was.

I'm not so sure Dana would embellish this one but you never know with DFW. Was Dana with Welch? I'd never heard that but if he was then that's impressive in its own right because I thought Dana was just a lame boxercise guy, who was only early 20s at the time, and not actually partnered up with a very legit boxing coach. I know a lot of UFC fighters would go to train there at Welch's gym when the UFC would have their Boston fight nights. McGregor has trained there as well as I'm sure you already know.

I'm not so sure Dana would embellish this one but you never know with DFW. Was Dana with Welch? I'd never heard that but if he was then that's impressive in its own right because I thought Dana was just a lame boxercise guy, who was only early 20s at the time, and not actually partnered up with a very legit boxing coach. I know a lot of UFC fighters would go to train there at Welch's gym when the UFC would have their Boston fight nights. McGregor has trained there as well as I'm sure you already know.

Yeah, he mentioned him as one of the blokes who visited him, but I think at that time Weeks was Bulger's main muscle - seems like 2k is a small amount for him.

I'm sure Dana said he done the kids classes in Welch's gym and then did his own one on one training. I assumed that was the gym that was told to pay up. Yeah seen Conor train there, it's a really nice old skool Boxing gym. Some of those murals in Southie are insane.

I cant find much info on the Kinahan mob aside from news articles.

What crime syndicate runs spain or atleast the party areas ?

Oh our tiny green rock, we're all related, all six million of us and everyone in your country too, apparently.

Sure. My rock is even smaller.

Back