I dont get Chuck Liddells comeback. He waited 7 years to comeback at age 50?

Is he that broke that? And why not fight earlier on when you were younger instead of now when youre AF and still have that chin that a wind can KO. Dude needs to stay retire and live in Florida where the sun is nice and the beaches are blue.

I can picture you writing this with one of those big fat kindergarten pencils

Not sure why that's relevant unless you're suggesting he comes back to MMA and has a style renaissance?
Chuck always used his wreslting, his sprawl was legendary and he sealed the win against Wand with a takedown late in the fight to bag some points. Saying he isn't a wrestler isn't accurate. He is, he just used it differently to keep fights standing, who knows how he'll fight now, not the same way he did when he was in is 20's anyway.

Dana White said he had a life time job in the UFC as long as he was president or some chit.

if he's so broke he should go fight in PFL's million dollar tournament Lol

He most likely spent money on things he shouldn't have, and now he needs more cash. So, he will have a few more "fights" in Bellator for an unjustifiably high salary. Perhaps Bellator is overestimating the effects of nostalgia on MMA fans.

Jarl

P.S. "Fights" = him getting brutally KOed by younger up-and-coming fighters...or him huffing and puffing in the middle of the cage with another over-the-hill fighter (both praying for the bell to ring).

Maybe he needs the money. Or since he's still in shape(from the looks of it, for his age at least) maybe he doesn't want to wonder what if? Like if he can still go out and bang one more time or two before he's too old, like nursing home old, then mayhaps he just wants one more chance to do what he loves.

Over the past couple years of seeing Tito's recent late career success, ridiculous fights like Kimbo-Dada and Royce-Shamrock, and... CM Punk. Maybe all of that stuff made him feel like he has just enough left in the tank for one more run.

they should allow chuck to do tons of cocaine before his fight, for that extra PEP!

Damn

he nearly is 50... lol

As a Chuck fan, I would hate to see him come back. His failing chin is caused by repeated head shots. Unlike Overeem's glass jaw, which is a product of him fighting at a weight so much higher than his natural weight. Chuck wouldn't have retired when he did if not for Dana. If he truly is coming back, other organizations would pay him more and hook him up on the matchup in my opinion.

A man has only one life. Maybe he doesn't want to look back in 10 years and say "Damn, I wonder if I could have made another run. Enjoyed my passion a few more times and I'd have more money now." Would have made more sense like or 5 or so years ago but I guess if he has regrets or needs money he better do it NOW at his age.

Is he that broke that? And why not fight earlier on when you were younger instead of now when youre AF and still have that chin that a wind can KO. Dude needs to stay retire and live in Florida where the sun is nice and the beaches are blue.
Seems like YOU may have the punch drunk.

He wasn't waiting to turn 50. He was waiting for that look to return to his eyes.

He def should not be doing this.

I think he is going to do it smart and realistic though. A couple of fights against guys from his own era is probably worth it if the money is right and he doesn't really care about losing. A tito rematch might be worth it.

That’s what he did at the end of his UFC career.

Rich barely touched him and bodied him.

I think he is going to do it smart and realistic though. A couple of fights against guys from his own era is probably worth it if the money is right and he doesn't really care about losing. A tito rematch might be worth it.

Yeah with bellator having the Senior Circuit why not cash in on Tito/wand/rampage rematches

Or fights vs cro cop or fedor?

I suspect:

1) He's pissed that WME yanked his cushy job
2) He always wanted to keep fighting, but when they offered to pay him a ton not to fight, how can you refuse money for no damage? Now...

Back