I didn't really like Rory MacDonald...

So Daley has good hand position while his ribs are being blasted? And Diaz' left hand is in good position? Or his right shoulder/bicep?

JDS is looking at the fucking floor and hitting with his thumb while his left hand is by his stomach but thank god his shoulder is up!!!!

So it IS ok to drop your hands when throwing a combo or when slipping? Because that's Edgar slipping then throwing a right to the body, and I don't see either his shoulder or his hand up.

Here's the thing. This basically started because you said Lawler isn't polished for reasons like footwork, head movement, dropping his hands etc. You've been given examples of him slipping then countering, moving his feet then countering and dropping his hands but miraculously not getting hit while hitting the other guy to counter these claims. Other posters made comparisons to greats like Joe Louis to prove that the things you believe are flaws aren't necessarily flaws. They're choices. Lawler doesn't need to bounce around, he has a ton of power and works better when he's always right there in your face. He doesn't need his hands up when he slips, he's avoiding punches with movement. He can move his feet when he needs to. He uses his jab for set ups better than any southpaw, can hook off it or throw his left off it and does an excellent job mixing up the timing.

Here are a few things for you to consider: there are advantages to having your hands lower besides baiting. Like A LOT of advantages, especially in MMA which is why so many fighters do it. There are advantages to being more flat footed.

He was covering you oaf, so Diaz blasted him in the corner. Are you dumb? Quit reaching and stop interpreting my posts to suit your ridiculous arguments. You're blatantly taking my points out of context and attempting to miscontrue them to support whatever the fuck it is you are trying to do.

And JDS had to look at the floor, other wise his chin would be up and exposed! Christ! Think anout what you are posting, or scan it before you submit it!

^wut

Pedro's "Silva paid for it" sounded like that twat Joe Rogan before and after Silva got KO.

Before: "He can do everything he want, he's Silva!"
After: "I told you many times man, you need your hands up!"

I never support fighters show boating, he got humbled, thats what happens when you get too cocky and forget what you were taught. They tell you it at beginning of every fight, "defend yourself at all times".

Guys, stop bothering Pedro, he needs to get to work on his breakdown of Diaz's polished footwork.

He was covering you oaf, so Diaz blasted him in the corner. Are you dumb? Quit reaching and stop interpreting my posts to suit your ridiculous arguments. You're blatantly taking my points out of context and attempting to miscontrue them to support whatever the fuck it is you are trying to do.

And JDS had to look at the floor, other wise his chin would be up and exposed! Christ! Think anout what you are posting, or scan it before you submit it!

Ok, so Diaz' hand position is totally fine then? Cool, we agree. And Daley having his earmuffs on left an opening? Again, we agree. Great.

I'm not interpreting your posts. I'm showing you examples of fighters you just said are polished NOT meeting the criteria that YOU gave for what polished is.

That isn't true at all. You don't need to look at the floor to land a good overhand right. Watch Chad Mendes throw it, he had 3 or 4 consecutive knockouts with that punch and never took his eyes off the opponent. Besides, JDS could have had his chin anywhere he wanted and Cain never would have come close. Chin position is 100% irrelevant in that picture.

You're blatantly ignoring everything I'm saying to call me an idiot. Why don't you address the points I made about why the things you think are mistakes might not be. You're already making exceptions for when they aren't mistakes to protect the examples you gave, you do realize that right?

Guys, stop bothering Pedro, he needs to get to work on his breakdown of Diaz's polished footwork.

I wonder in what way Diaz's footworks are polish? The way he dragged his feet behind like knuckledragger he is or what?

I wonder in what way Diaz's footworks are polish? The way he dragged his feet behind like knuckledragger he is or what?

The way Diaz lumbers forward in a straight line is the quintessence of excellence.

Diaz's footwork isnt like he's floating on his toeS, he controls the ring very well. Has a great sense of his reach and makes it difficult for other guys to work. I really shouldnt have to explain this in the stand up section...
He cuts guys off and can escape with pivots, something Robbie has never done.

Explain the Condit loss then, please. Or the GSP loss too, if that's the Condit one is too painful for ya, considering they both outstruck and outboxed his stupid face off.

And lol at control the ring too. You must have stucked in that Diaz vs Gomi fight for years.

The way Diaz lumbers forward in a straight line is the quintessence of excellence.

How many tons of weeds i need to attain such quintessence?

Look at what happened to Wand Vs Vitor, thats why pivoting is crucial, sometimes other righters bring so much heat you dont have enough room behind you to escape.

Good thing he pivoted with Condit when they fight whenever Condit pivot....oh wait.

Look at what happened to Wand Vs Vitor, thats why pivoting is crucial, sometimes other righters bring so much heat you dont have enough room behind you to escape.

Please find a single post where anyone said pivoting isn't crucial.

We just can't seem to help ourselves, can we fellas?

So, in today's boxing lesson we have learned:

1. It is crucial to keep the hands up to cover your face, even when the opponent is blasting you in the ribs. If, however, you are throwing combinations, you can drop your hands however you like--unless you're Robbie Lawler, I guess. Oh, or if you have really long arms (?).

2. It is crucial to stay up one one's toes, unless you're Nick Diaz, in which case it is crucial for you to at least control the ring--or not.

3. Pivoting is essential to good footwork--again, unless you're Nick Diaz, whose footwork is obviously great already. No need for any pivots there.

Edti: Oh man, I almost forgot:

4. When asked for examples of pristine striking technique, it is best to use mixed martial artists, not pure strikers like boxers, kickboxers, or Thai fighters. I think I recall someone once saying that everybody in MMA has bad fundamentals, so it wouldn't make sense to use them as examples... nah, I'm probably imagining that.

My favorite part of the thread is where Pedro is proving his own points wrong by making exceptions to them for the fighters he's using as his examples.

That and completely ignoring the arguments that unravel his position.

My favorite part of the thread is where Pedro is proving his own points wrong by making exceptions to them for the fighters he's using as his examples.

That and completely ignoring the arguments that unravel his position.

It's pretty clear that he's just trolling... so why can't we stop?!

We need help, y'all.

Hahaha, I too noticed he said Anderson was a master of reach... decided to let that one go. I think he meant distance, and he's said so many other things that are far more blatant that it wasn't worth it.

I can't wait for that breakdown on Diaz's polished movement. I'm seriously going to be checking my phone very ten minutes.

Yeah, Jukai. His signal's only good enough to ignore one question at a time.

Back