I could never respect a fighter who was on welfare

Any able bodied man who chooses to sit on his ass and collect welfare/dole deserves no one's respect. You were a parasite, a pariah, a drain on society. I don't care how well you've done since...nothing will remove that stain of being a lowlife loser.
Agreed.

It's not called welfare in America anytime. It's called SSI check.

And SSI check should come with a mandatory responsibility, imo, whether it be picking up gutter trash or walking kids to and from the bus stop home. SOMETHING damn it.

I'd be pissed if I knew someone was using SSI checks to pay for MMA training instead of necessities.

Deep down there is an emptiness, a gaping wound to the soul that, try as they might, cannot be filled with cars, jewelry, expensive suits, etc. They will always carry with them the knowledge that they were one of those people...a leech, a scumbag.
deep down i want some of that emptiness if it comes along with 150 million.

I don't like the idea of welfare either, especially from a tax payer's perspective.

An unemployment insurance and a disability system are needed- but not welfare.
If you have been working and paying dues, then you lose your job and hit some hard luck- there needs to be a security net for people- and unemployment insurance is perfect for that. I think up to one year would be ok.

Also, if you get hurt, or are already disabled, then some sort of disabled security should be paid to you- you can't help it if you were born like that or suffered an accident.

Now, the long-term welfare bums. The people who somehow seem to be able to collect and collect for years.... useless fucks that should all be thrown into a labour camp.

Are there even enough professional fighters who have been on SSI to make the issue relevant?

Are there even enough professional fighters who have been on SSI to make the issue relevant?
He's only talking about Conor. Just another way to bash him without saying his name.

He's only talking about Conor. Just another way to bash him without saying his name.

But Conor is in Ireland....they have a different social security system. It's not as "bottom of the well" to be on their welfare.

Any able bodied man who chooses to sit on his ass and collect welfare/dole deserves no one's respect. You were a parasite, a pariah, a drain on society. I don't care how well you've done since...nothing will remove that stain of being a lowlife loser.
In this case I'm pretty sure he payed it all back with his taxes. He surely payed more than he took. A man was training for his dream and took advantage of a system that was completely legal. That makes him a scumbag? I don't think so. Millionaires that use loopholes to avoid paying taxes are scumbags. I could never respect them.

You seem like one of those people that were born in a rich family and cant imagine why people would choose to be poor.

Very Marie Antoinette-esque, Joe.
Yep.

Either that, or he's lucky enough to have found a skilled trade that pays extremely well, and can't fathom that not everyone has that job available to them.

He assumes that anyone could walk out the door and nab that cushy job, without realizing that not everyone has his size, or skillset, or location/availibility of that work.

He probably doesn't even consider that some already had a great job, but were injured in a way that didnt allow for workers comp, and were thrown into debt from medical bills and lack of income due to injury.

Or were laid off and are having difficulty finding new work.

Shit, i play xbox live with a stupid motherfucker like this that was a struggling veteran, though able bodied, and couldnt find work for years. Always broke, always depressed. Even after getting an i.t. degree he couldnt find work for a while.

He evntually found a cushy ass server tower setup job with at&t, and is making bank, and he now constantly shits on people that are struggling or on welfare, etc.

Dude, you were in the same boat, fucking dipshit, get a clue. Nobody wants to be broke and on welfare.

If they appear to, it's because they are depressed and broken. They woukd love to have your job, but are in too much of a funk to find their way.

Fucking idiots, i tell ya.

But Conor is in Ireland....they have a different social security system. It's not as "bottom of the well" to be on their welfare.

dont try to talk sense he's angry and wants to let off some steam

Deep down there is an emptiness, a gaping wound to the soul that, try as they might, cannot be filled with cars, jewelry, expensive suits, etc. They will always carry with them the knowledge that they were one of those people...a leech, a scumbag.
Whether I agree or disagree with your initial point, you've spoken like a megalomaniac. You don't know how other people feel inside. Not everyone has the same philosophy or views as you. You shouldn't project YOUR shit on to other people.

Yep.

Either that, or he's lucky enough to have found a skilled trade that pays extremely well, and can't fathom that not everyone has that job available to them.

He assumes that anyone could walk out the door and nab that cushy job, without realizing that not everyone has his size, or skillset, or location/availibility of that work.

He probably doesn't even consider that some already had a great job, but were injured in a way that didnt allow for workers comp, and were thrown into debt from medical bills and lack of income due to injury.

Or were laid off and are having difficulty finding new work.

Shit, i play xbox live with a stupid motherfucker like this that was a struggling veteran, though able bodied, and couldnt find work for years. Always broke, always depressed. Even after getting an i.t. degree he couldnt find work for a while.

He evntually found a cushy ass server tower setup job with at&t, and is making bank, and he now constantly shits on people that are struggling or on welfare, etc.

Dude, you were in the same boat, fucking dipshit, get a clue. Nobody wants to be broke and on welfare.

If they appear to, it's because they are depressed and broken. They woukd love to have your job, but are in too much of a funk to find their way.

Fucking idiots, i tell ya.

I've seen some horrifying cases of chronic unemployment. I've known veterans who were broke too, and tried to find farming jobs....and were turned down. People wouldn't hire them for anything, nothing, zero. And yes, they would spend most of their time depressed and freaking out.

I've known one extreme case: someone who had a PhD from a top school in a field that is hard to land an academic position. She was on food stamps: nobody hired her for anything claiming she was "overqualified", she tried to wait tables and not all restaurants would hire her....arguing the same thing "oh, you have good education, you will run away at the first opportunity". So, finding work just to pay rent and fill your stomach can be complicated from several different angles.

You don't just walk outside and find any menial job like that: they turn down a lot of candidates, able bodied and all.

Considering that many fighters are paid jack it is a necessity for them to get welfare.

So it would have been better if Conor had rich parents like BJ who never worked a day in his life?

Die.

Back