I cant upload images or gifs.

Donkey Kong

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Every time I try to upload an image or gif it doesnt let me because its "too large." This still happens even when I reduce the image size. Help please.

Every time I try to upload an image or gif it doesnt let me because its "too large." This still happens even when I reduce the image size. Help please.
Might be that the images, however reduced, still exceed thresholds. What size are they?

Might be that the images, however reduced, still exceed thresholds. What size are they?
I'm not sure the sizes vary but gifs that I cant upload, I have seen other people upload so theres definitely something wrong on my end

I'm not sure the sizes vary but gifs that I cant upload, I have seen other people upload so theres definitely something wrong on my end
Alike images or GIFs can similarly vary in size and how maximum sizing works is that the subtlest, undetectable difference can allow for or then equally crash its uploading. So, minding the numbers or metadata of what you fancy putting up on your avi is not something to unconcern yourself with.

Share with me a link of an image/GIF you've tried and failed to upload and I'll see if I can upload it here for you and/or to my own account.

If successful, I'll let you know what was wrong or then we'll bother a Mod with sorting your account out. I strongly doubt there is a glitch for you individually though with change-avatar actions.

We'll get this fixed either way and you looking good in no time.

Alike images or GIFs can similarly vary in size and how maximum sizing works is that the subtlest, undetectable difference can allow for or then equally crash its uploading. So, minding the numbers or metadata of what you fancy putting up on your avi is not something to unconcern yourself with.

Share with me a link of an image/GIF you've tried and failed to upload and I'll see if I can upload it here for you and/or to my own account.

If successful, I'll let you know what was wrong or then we'll bother a Mod with sorting your account out. I strongly doubt there is a glitch for you individually though with change-avatar actions.

We'll get this fixed either way and you looking good in no time.
How do I do that?

How do I do that?
Just image-search via Google, Duck-duck-go or whatever engine you use and then share with me the link that has the exact image you fancy using.

EDIT: See your edit! Will do.

ok it works so is there no problem then?
You fancied it for your avi and therein lies the problem, IIRC, so let's see you upload the GIF I uploaded above by ticking Personal Details in the top-right corner and then changing your avatar to which. I made it to fall within the thresholds so you should not have any trouble doing so.

You fancied it for your avi and therein lies the problem, IIRC, so let's see you upload the GIF I uploaded above by ticking Personal Details in the top-right corner and then changing your avatar to which. I made it to fall within the thresholds so you should not have any trouble doing so.
I think you misunderstand me mate, Im not trying to change my profile picture i just cant upload gifs or images in threads for discussion purposes. I made a thread on why I thought Whittaker would beat jacare and I couldnt upload the above gif

I think you misunderstand me mate, Im not trying to change my profile picture i just cant upload gifs or images in threads for discussion purposes. I made a thread on why I thought Whittaker would beat jacare and I couldnt upload the above gif
Sorry (was doing two things at once) and confused them in the end; I got you now and thanks for clarifying. Here then is the full GIF. If you can upload as below from the link itself (also below), then no problems on your end and you should be free to do the same in threads across the board.

tumblr_ohae05sECk1qlskhvo3_400.gif

Tumblr link:

http://68.media.tumblr.com/a8e66622e57173b885947ea9e787e329/tumblr_ohae05sECk1qlskhvo3_400.gif

Sorry (was doing two things at once) and confused them in the end; I got you now and thanks for clarifying. Here then is the full GIF. If you can upload as below from the link itself (also below), then no problems on your end and you should be free to do the same in threads across the board.

sorry man i dont know how to upload things via a link. i only know to do upload a file then i find the file on my computer

sorry man i dont know how to upload things via a link. i only know to do upload a file then i find the file on my computer
No problem, brother.

So, what you want to do is tick Reply; in the reply window, tick the icon next to the smiley in the Reply toolbar that looks like a landscape picture; ticking that will prompt you to paste a link into a pop-up that appears; simply copy the link (i.e., location) of any file (from your browser's address bar) and then tab back to Dawgville and paste that link into the pop-up; to finalise after pasting the link, tick Insert and you're done. To confirm what actions you've done, ticking Preview would be a good idea here and then Post Reply if you're happy with everything.

No problem, brother.

So, what you want to do is tick Reply; in the reply window, tick the icon next to the smiley in the Reply toolbar that looks like a landscape picture; ticking that will prompt you to paste a link into a pop-up that appears; simply copy the link (i.e., location) of any file (from your browser's address bar) and then tab back to Dawgville and paste that link into the pop-up; to finalise after pasting the link, tick Insert and you're done. To confirm what actions you've done, ticking Preview would be a good idea here and then Post Reply if you're happy with everything.
tumblr_ohae05sECk1qlskhvo3_400.gif

Oh ok. so will gifs/ images work for me if i do it your way rather than uploading them from my computer?

Oh ok. so will gifs/ images work for me if i do it your way rather than uploading them from my computer?
Absolutely. You good now, mate. If it still doesn't work (it will), come back and tag me here. I'll reply ASAP.

Absolutely. You good now, mate. If it still doesn't work (it will), come back and tag me here. I'll reply ASAP.
Thanks a lot buddy I really appreciate your help. Idk if you are a mod or just a good samaritan but cheers ;)

Thanks a lot buddy I really appreciate your help. Idk if you are a mod or just a good samaritan but cheers ;)
You got it, man. Not a mod; just a dawg like you.

<40>

Back