I am still a Conor McGregor fan.

True but the worst thing is that he was acting like he was more of a badass than everyone else on the roster but after he got the belt he started pulling the same kind of crap lol. I want to see him try to break the title defense record at LW (it's only 3) then maybe challenge for the 170lb belt. It'd be nice to see him fight Tony, Barboza, Khabib, Nate, GSP maybe etc... However all he's focusing on is money so the Pacquiao fight or even the Malignaggi fight seems more likely than any of the fights I just mentioned. You can't blame him though but as a fan it's kind of frustrating.

I don't think he'll be stupid enough to fight inside a boxing ring again, if Paulie and Pacquiao really want it, they should come to MMA, he had the balls to face the best Boxer in his ring, now they should do the same. There's no logical reason why Conor should go out of his way to limit himself again just to fight either of those has bens. They're so fucking tough, they should fight him in MMA, he's already showed he has some balls, payday aside.

But back to the discussion, I want to see those match ups too, there's not a match a Lightweight the dude doesn't match up well against, and besides that, he's a very exciting fighter in his own right, he's a Counter Striker who's not afraid to throw kicks and punches to provoke fighters into his strength and range, he's craftier than people give him credit for and can take a hit. Conor in the Octagon has a lot of things going for him besides his ground game, and I want to see him vs Gaethje, vs Tony, vs Lee, vs Barboza, vs Khalibeeb(lol), all those fights, but the more he keeps acting up(assuming this is true) the harder it becomes to support a guy who brought tears to my eyes becoming Champ Champ at 205. Like Jones, he has talent whether people want to admit it or not, but the longer he stays outside the ring, the worse it becomes for him, and the more people start to shy away.

I still love and will continue to support Conor especially once we get some fight news about him, but I won't be surprised or mad if he gets stripped of his Lightweight Championship.

The sooner, the better.

I'll go back to nut hugging once he fights again. Until then, I could give a shit.

And I will be a fan of his no matter what.

He is among my 3 favourite fighters of all time, including GSP and Rampage. Whilst I may joke around saying McGoat etc etc, no-one can deny his charisma, electricity and performances inside the Octagon.

Undefeated in the UFC FW division, with a record of 7-0 with 6 of those wins being KO/TKO. I don't want to hear BS about him cutting lots of weight to fight at FW, if you make the weight you fight. He's never missed weight so what's the issue?

Beaten the current FW champion and no.1 contender. Beat his worst match-up in Chad Mendes albeit it with a short camp but was injured himself. Chad had power and the best double leg, he is one of the best fighters to never win UFC Gold.

And he beat Jose when he was P4P no.1 fighter in the world and crushed him in 13 seconds, in record time. This win with the pressure and the opponent makes it the most impressive win in MMA history.

He was scheduled to then fight RDA moving up a weight class, who was looking like a killer after smashing Cowboy the fight before. He pulled out and then fought Nate Diaz. Even though he lost, he was under no obligation to fight either Mendes when Aldo pulled out or Nate when RDA pulled out as he would have in either case got the title shot if he waited. He obviously lost against Nate but managed to get revenge by winning the rematch, albeit it was a close fight he showed heart and grit and determination in the 3rd round and the rest of the fight to not give up which he got criticism for the first fight.

Nate is not a world beater by any means but he is tough, got a rock chin, has good stand up and great ji-jitsu. Styles make fights, Hallman beat all time great Hughes twice.

I agree with the notion that he shouldn't have received a shot at the UFC 155 belt but it's called prize fighting for a reason and the UFC is a business whether you guys like to admit it or not. He crushed Eddie in one of the most dominant beatdowns in UFC championship history.

He then fought Floyd in one of the biggest sporting events in history and although he got TKOed, he had the honour of facing the greatest boxer of all time, no shame in that.

Sure, Conor may not have the best ji-jisu, cardio in the divison and a case could be made he may not be the best LW, there's argument for Tony and Khabib even though I think Conor would beat both. I agree with the UFC stripping him if he doesn't fight Tony next, it's been too long without defending the title.

No-one can deny he comes to fight and brings a certain excitement. You cannot name a boring Conor fight and I will always be a fan of his. His meteoric rise has been second to none and what he has accomplished in such a small amount of time will never be replicated.

Champ champ bless.

b88432906z1_20161114104102_000gq6d78ab2-0-jswg39aw513adv098n2_t620.jpg

TLDR:- He comes to fight and is never in a boring fight. There's always a buzz in a card headlined by him. No-one can beat his promotion or trash-talk. He is one of a kind.
I agree with everything you said, as it is the truth.
I don't think he deserves heat for the second Nate fight, he knocked him down three times.
But the reason I'm a fan of Conor's over all is that like the song says, he is doing it his way.
I don't like the self-destructive behavior, but I can't judge him for that, as I wasn't given the fame or wealth that he has earned.
There is a reason they are making movies about this guy.

Thank you for informing us.

McNuggets fans are melting down.

When TS is melting down so hard you can almost feel the emotion and tears through your screen.

cCPh3fg.gif

Stop being so emotionally invested in another grown man ffs.

I don't think he'll be stupid enough to fight inside a boxing ring again, if Paulie and Pacquiao really want it, they should come to MMA, he had the balls to face the best Boxer in his ring, now they should do the same. There's no logical reason why Conor should go out of his way to limit himself again just to fight either of those has bens. They're so fucking tough, they should fight him in MMA, he's already showed he has some balls, payday aside.

But back to the discussion, I want to see those match ups too, there's not a match a Lightweight the dude doesn't match up well against, and besides that, he's a very exciting fighter in his own right, he's a Counter Striker who's not afraid to throw kicks and punches to provoke fighters into his strength and range, he's craftier than people give him credit for and can take a hit. Conor in the Octagon has a lot of things going for him besides his ground game, and I want to see him vs Gaethje, vs Tony, vs Lee, vs Barboza, vs Khalibeeb(lol), all those fights, but the more he keeps acting up(assuming this is true) the harder it becomes to support a guy who brought tears to my eyes becoming Champ Champ at 205. Like Jones, he has talent whether people want to admit it or not, but the longer he stays outside the ring, the worse it becomes for him, and the more people start to shy away.

I still love and will continue to support Conor especially once we get some fight news about him, but I won't be surprised or mad if he gets stripped of his Lightweight Championship.

The sooner, the better.
There is way more money in boxing so yeah... there is definitely more of a reason for him to face them in a boxing ring than there is for them to step inside the cage.

Last edited:
Yeah but he's already practically retired from the sport and keeps talking about boxing. If they want to keep one of the only big draws they have left they basically have to give him whatever he wants.

And how they reached that point?
Exactly :D

I will always be a Conor McGregor fan. Because to be a Conor fan, is to be a FIGHT fan. And he comes to fight. He isn't boring. He is a true FIGHTER. So if you hate Conor, you hate fighting

Conor was crowned GOAT on the Sherdog boards back during the days of his 1st wins against Brimage and Diego.

Now it is hip to belittle him and secretly hope for his retirement. True MMA fans realize this would be a devastating blow that the sport would not recover from. No other fighter in the past 10 years has moved the sport forward the way he has. He has the skills of Fedor combined with the marketing and popularity of Anderson, Couture, and GSP.

Why does Sherdog root for him to fail?

When did I turn against Conor?

....................The first of never.

There is way more money in boxing so yeah... there is definitely more of a reason from him to face them in a boxing ring than there is for them to step inside the cage.

Money aside, not really, he's not beating them in a boxing match, and if they're calling him out, they should come his yard, it shouldn't work the other way around, and you're right maybe if UFC had more money, maybe they wouldn't be afraid of getting outclassed in every other aspect of combat sports besides boxing. Like I said before, since some of them are so tough, why don't they step over this time? MMA fighters shouldn't have to bend over backwards for Boxers because relative to them they're one dimensional. Max Holloway or any top 5 Lightweight would mop the floor with Paulie and Pacquiao in a real fight, so I find it funny that since they know there's more money in boxing, they're hiding behind it, they know they have no place outside of Boxing fighting.

I feel this went off topic, but my point should still stand, money doesn't change the fact that should any of them step into the octagon, they'd get whooped, and it doesn't justify them being scared of a "real fight".

Well that makes me feel better. So happy to hear Conor's fans are still fans.

I never really turned against him but I kind of lost faith in him after the first Diaz fight. Not because he lost but because in the past he said "I will never tap again, I'd rather go to sleep" or something a long those lines anyways, plus he said he'd give Aldo a rematch after he lost to Nate and he didn't do that either... I'm still a fan but I want to see him get back in the cage and fight guys like Tony, Khabib and Barboza rather than talking about boxing Paulie Malignaggi ffs...

Back