Hunter Campbell and Jeff Novitzky are speaking regarding the UFC's partnership with USADA

yes, the NFL drug testing definitely works...
Myles-Garrett-browns-edited.jpg
Steve-Weatherford-Jacked.jpg

i hear they catch a lot of pot smokers though <{outtahere}>

no cage to hide under

<BC1>

I'm kinda glad you said all that, because the lack of "there, their, they're" understanding explains everything I needed explained.

Have a nice day, lil buddy.

Ok spelling police...

Like wtf ...lol imagine avoiding the conversation because of this.. lol..

U missed the point ..but yes continue on about my use of they're,their and there cuz thats important

USADA wasn't perfect but the amount of BS that was spewed by these two is ridiculous

They went with a conglomerate program that collects samples from all the major sports. But do they also do the testing, because if they do thats extremely shady.

One major player that essentially lets people juice in every sport

can you elaborate ? What is the difference between the olympic vs non olympic athlete?
Different testing for different things. I don't think the emphasis is "more or less effective" forms of testing, but more or less efficient forms of testing.
That Olympic athlete competes once in 4 years, so testing them 2000 times in a year doesn't make a difference, there is no actual effect on their performance. They are paid a stable salary by their state while they are competing, and most of them have a paid retirement as well as far as I'm aware of.
Prize fighting is different. You get paid and live based on your performance and have no salary, no state sponsored retirement, nothing. What you make is what you have. They are also performing much, much more than an Olympic athlete.
Jiri is the prime example of USADA going completely overboard. He was tested 64 times in 2022. That's more than any athlete, in any sport, on the planet. While he was in camp for the Glover rematch before getting injured, he was tested 12 times in the month of October alone. Jon Jones at his highest tested year still only managed 42 tests.
The issue that I personally, and I imagine many fighters themselves have, is that an unelected, completely 3rd party organization has a direct impact on the quality of life and performance of fighters who are risking everything to get a payday fighting. I won't go into personal theories about possible biases or corruption at play, but I believe we can all agree that there is no reason a person in camp for a fist fight should be getting woken up at 3am by some dork that wants his piss. There is no logical reason you can give me (no roid has a half life of 3 hours) why you can't come in the morning like a normal fucking person.
USADA wasn't perfect but the amount of BS that was spewed by these two is ridiculous

They went with a conglomerate program that collects samples from all the major sports. But do they also do the testing, because if they do thats extremely shady.

One major player that essentially lets people juice in every sport
It seems to be an issue that truly has no perfect solution.
I'd love to see the highest level combat athletes fighting three times a year completely clean, but that's a farcical goal to have. People were still roiding under USADA, and obviously getting away with it. There are roids in the olympics and have been for decades, some people are acting as though the UFC got rid of the perfect anti-doping agency for nefarious purposes because "muh evil UFC", but I think that's a childish oversimplification of it.

You can tell this dork doesnt watch football.

The point of football is for your team to score touchdowns and block your opponent from scoring touchdowns all while wearing helmets and modern armor..

The Goal of MMA is stop your opponent 1 on 1 from being conscious or make them submit through force to your will via submission hold before the time runs out ....

Its not hard to see why PEDs and fighting must be managed alot tighter then a team sport with protections in place...

Regardless of how much football i do or dont watch

A lot of bluster and no real detail. Upshot is pretty much what we expected, UFC are putting their employee in charge so they control penalties and flow of information.

Jiri is the prime example of USADA going completely overboard. He was tested 64 times in 2022.

You are fundamentally confusing samples collected with 'tests'

When they arrive and collect urine and blood in one visit, that records as two samples.

Further, the way USADA works, like other non-profit orgs that oversee world competition, they are working off 1) markers in previous tests and 2) information provided from other individuals.

You'll recall Jon Jones got leniency at adjudication based on providing substantial assistance. That is what it means - you provide names of other people who are doping or involved in doping. If someone credible said Jiri was doping, that will get you more samples collected. If someone said you were doping, and you had some questionable markers? That will get you a lot of samples collected.

They don't do this just because. TJ was not randomly tested for EPO, which is hard to find and expensive to test for - they were working off credible information.

This should be common sense.

Is the UFC even aware that their smears are so well established and patented that they automatically out themselves as the guilty party oh they aren't carry on

So connie is 100% doping, USADA wasnt having it cause the motherfucker was clearly cheating. Meanwhile the UFC is like let the bitch cheat we need to make that bread and we're willing to let things slide, USADA was like no way this is a farce..... and here we are

Someone is going to have to explain to me how that's not exactly what happened.

What is wrong with juicing tho? We have so many nostalgia sports fans due to juicing in the past made athletes seem larger than life. Now we have D+ lvl athletes not on the juice and a lot of them suck

Reactions: HCS
USADA played this very badly. No one is going to hire company that has a history of trashing their customers. UFC is def run by slimy pieces of shit but this is entertainment sports, it's not like government or a charity organization. There will be no public uproar, we will get to see our fights, and USADA will probably disappear.

Back